Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: D. Thomas - 1st rnd WR pick. Jets? ....

  1. #141
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I'm upset with myself that I'm even responding to this, but you're gimmick on here is old and tired. And if it's not a gimmick, and you really think you see things objectively and everyone else is a "Hero Worshiper" because they don't think Sanchez is the worst QB in the past decade of the NFL, then I don't know what to say.

    On to your point about Tebow, he's won 1 playoff game, outstanding, Sanchez has 4. Sanchez has more playoff wins than Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Bradford, Tebow and Cutler(probably combined, not sure how many Flacco has). Does that make him a better QB? I'm sure in your eyes it doesn't, because some of those guys have better stats, yet you use a playoff win to elevate Tebow over Sanchez, even though statistically, Sanchez is far and away better than Tebow.

    You can call people hero worshipers all you want, but it's clear you can't look at anything objectively, because you use one set of criteria to elevate people over Sanchez, but don't use that set of Criteria to elevate Sanchez over others. And vice versa.

    I'm sure I'll be called a hero worshiper for pointing this out, even though I'm far from it and am very aware of Sanchez's flaws, but as I said at the beginning of my post, your gimmick is tired, and if it's not a gimmick, then you just need to move on.
    "But...but... I just want the JETS to win!"

    Go ahead and ask him about the possibility of his hero Schotteheimer seeing the door soon. You'll get the generic responses of

    "Well maybe REX should see the door too since he's the HEAD coach and he should be RESPONSIBLE for everything going on!!!"

    or

    "When can you expect ANY coordinator to WIN with Sanchez when he's SO terrible!"

    Then the minute you explain yourself in any manner that is contrary to the beliefs in his very small, very limited world view he'll attack you with lines like

    "EXCUSES!!! We shouldn't settle for EXCUSES ANYMORE!"

    (I tried my best to include any and every simply annoying a pointless capslock inflection in the middle of my statements as possible. I don't actually type like I have Downs...)

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    You take a greater risk with taking a runningback in the first round since they have the shortest lifespan of any position on the field. Not to mention in order for him to excel over everyone in the class he needed to be used a whole lot more than anyone else. Richardson has taken a beating.

    Since 2000 there have been 34 runningbacks taken in the first round.

    the only stand outs are

    LT
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Addai
    Lynch
    Jackson
    Jamal Williams
    Bush

    The others were complete busts or have not made enough of an impact. And even with the most impactful guys, 4 of them have reached the superbowl, and two have a ring (Bush with the Saints, Addai with the Colts) but they were complimentary to a very loaded offense at best.

    Edit: Jamal has a ring and yes he was the Ravens offense. So of 30+ only 1 carried an offense to a superbowl victory
    You left out a couple good backs who have been drafted in the 1st round since 2000:

    Chris Johnson (he's easily the 2nd most "standout" after AP)
    Jonathan Stewart
    Darren McFadden (he's injury prone, but when healthy he's an absolute best)
    Deangelo Williams
    Larry Johnson
    Deuce McAllister
    Willis McGahee
    Ronnie Brown
    Cedric Benson

  3. #143

  4. #144
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by tehprince View Post
    You left out a couple good backs who have been drafted in the 1st round since 2000:

    Chris Johnson (he's easily the 2nd most "standout" after AP)
    Jonathan Stewart
    Darren McFadden (he's injury prone, but when healthy he's an absolute best)
    Deangelo Williams
    Larry Johnson
    Deuce McAllister
    Willis McGahee
    Ronnie Brown
    Cedric Benson
    Johnson looked really good when he wasn't trying to get a new contact right?
    Jonathan stewart is easily one of the most overrated backs. Can he ever stay healthy?
    Larry johnson was plugged in behind one of the best offensive lines of all time
    Ronnie brown is never healthy and only saw success in the wild cat
    Cedric benson? LOL

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Johnson looked really good when he wasn't trying to get a new contact right?
    Jonathan stewart is easily one of the most overrated backs. Can he ever stay healthy?
    Larry johnson was plugged in behind one of the best offensive lines of all time
    Ronnie brown is never healthy and only saw success in the wild cat
    Cedric benson? LOL
    You can't take away from what Johnson has done since coming into this league, he's a game changer. Did he have a down year? Absolutely, but don't discount everything else.

    I disagree with you regarding Stewart, I really feel he's one of the better backs in this league.

    I can see your point with Johnson, Priest Holmes and he had some great olines, but once again you can't discount the production he had. There was a 3-5 year stretch where he was putting up incredible #'s, albeit with a good oline.

    Ronnie Brown, okay you're right.

    Cedric Benson has turned his career around since moving to the Bengals, a great back worthy of his high selection? No. A good back the past few years? Yes.

  6. #146
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by tehprince View Post
    You can't take away from what Johnson has done since coming into this league, he's a game changer. Did he have a down year? Absolutely, but don't discount everything else.

    I disagree with you regarding Stewart, I really feel he's one of the better backs in this league.

    I can see your point with Johnson, Priest Holmes and he had some great olines, but once again you can't discount the production he had. There was a 3-5 year stretch where he was putting up incredible #'s, albeit with a good oline.

    Ronnie Brown, okay you're right.

    Cedric Benson has turned his career around since moving to the Bengals, a great back worthy of his high selection? No. A good back the past few years? Yes.
    But that's the issue. Larry Johnson could have been had in later rounds and plugged into that offensive line and produced. Not to mention his level of insanity wasn't worth a number one pick

    Stewart is constantly injured and he has no more upside than any other back on that team. Definitely not worth a number 1 pick

    A lot of these guys can be put under the Benson category of "He does okay fr what he does and is reliable but he's probably north worth the spot he was picked in"

  7. #147
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    But that's the issue. Larry Johnson could have been had in later rounds and plugged into that offensive line and produced. Not to mention his level of insanity wasn't worth a number one pick

    Stewart is constantly injured and he has no more upside than any other back on that team. Definitely not worth a number 1 pick

    A lot of these guys can be put under the Benson category of "He does okay fr what he does and is reliable but he's probably north worth the spot he was picked in"
    Why do you keep saying this? The dude has missed a grand total of 2 games in his 4 year career. He'd be an absolute stud if he was the full time back.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    But that's the issue. Larry Johnson could have been had in later rounds and plugged into that offensive line and produced. Not to mention his level of insanity wasn't worth a number one pick
    But he was a #1 pick and he did produce at a prowl bowl level for numerous years, saying he could have gone later doesn't discount the fact he was a first round selection.

    A lot of these guys can be put under the Benson category of "He does okay fr what he does and is reliable but he's probably north worth the spot he was picked in"
    Which can be said for any position on the football field.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Why do you keep saying this? The dude has missed a grand total of 2 games in his 4 year career. He'd be an absolute stud if he was the full time back.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...nathan-stewart

    Good call, he's rarely injured. Every time I've seen him play he's always impressed me. If he didn't do a 50/50 split with DeAngelo he'd put up some impressive #'s.

    Not to mention, prior to this year he hasn't played with a decent quarterback, it's not like people weren't keying in on the run.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us