Thread: Jets possible 1st round pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets possible 1st round pick.

OK All the threads about diff guys we could draft in the 1st thought I'd just put them all on one thread. Discuss, add, or just complain.

QB
    Robert Griffin III - Luck may be out of reach but I am not throwing this out. Not very likely he falls but if he is there it has to be a consideration. If they truly don't think Sanchez is the guy they will not pass on him.

RB
    Trent Richardson - About as possible as RG3 IMO. We have 3 high draft picks invested in RB already. That said if he is there it would be a hard pass. Guy is a stud but it is not really a position of need.

TE/WR
    Mohamed Sanu - Blackmon will be gone but Sanu is the next best WR on the board. Has the big play ability that will get attention. Would be a perfect compliment to Holmes.

Michael Floyd - A big redzone target with very good hands. Has had some attitude concerns. Reminds me on a young Plaxico.

Alson Jeffery - I love his ability but will need to improve his stock a lot to go that early.

OL
    Riley Reiff - Seems ranked higher then he should. Could be a good RT for some team IMO. Do we use this high a pick on a RT?

David DeCastro - One of the big reasons Luck stayed up right. I dont say this about Gs ever but he is a high 1st rounder. Just a great OL we might have to give a look.

Jonathan Martin - Stanfords OL was just that good. Wouldn't be shocked to see both these guy gone early.

DL
    Quinton Coples - Very good DT will get looks at a 3-4 DE as well. I think he has the best shot of any DL here to go in the top 5.

Jared Crick - Crick is the best pure 3-4 DE here. With so many 3-4 Teams his value is higher then people are saying. Not the sack machine people look for these days but the best overall DE prospect here. Stranger things have happened.

LB
    Zach Brown - The only LB worth a 1st IMO. May end up a ILB but has OLB ability as well.

Nick Perry - At only 21 Perry has a huge upside. Still has a bit to prove but is a good edge rusher teams jump on. I am not for jumping on anther DE/OLB they rarely turn out good.

Lavonte David - Is an old school LB. Tough player with excellent instincts and quick reaction time. Is in on every play. The kind of guy I could see Rex pulling for.

Courtney Upshaw - Not a great tackler and will be burned in coverage. Has potential to be a solid LB but nothing special. He will need to show a lot better to go in the 1st much less this high.

DB
    Dre Kirkpatrick - Will be a FS prospect as will. Wouldn't shock me if he was there. Only DB I see us taking in the 1st.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    OK All the threads about diff guys we could draft in the 1st thought I'd just put them all on one thread. Discuss, add, or just complain.

QB
    Robert Griffin III - Luck may be out of reach but I am not throwing this out. Not very likely he falls but if he is there it has to be a consideration. If they truly don't think Sanchez is the guy they will not pass on him.

RB
    Trent Richardson - About as possible as RG3 IMO. We have 3 high draft picks invested in RB already. That said if he is there it would be a hard pass. Guy is a stud but it is not really a position of need.

TE/WR
    Mohamed Sanu - Blackmon will be gone but Sanu is the next best WR on the board. Has the big play ability that will get attention. Would be a perfect compliment to Holmes.

Michael Floyd - A big redzone target with very good hands. Has had some attitude concerns. Reminds me on a young Plaxico.

Alson Jeffery - I love his ability but will need to improve his stock a lot to go that early.

OL
    Riley Reiff - Seems ranked higher then he should. Could be a good RT for some team IMO. Do we use this high a pick on a RT?

David DeCastro - One of the big reasons Luck stayed up right. I dont say this about Gs ever but he is a high 1st rounder. Just a great OL we might have to give a look.

Jonathan Martin - Stanfords OL was just that good. Wouldn't be shocked to see both these guy gone early.

DL
    Quinton Coples - Very good DT will get looks at a 3-4 DE as well. I think he has the best shot of any DL here to go in the top 5.

Jared Crick - Crick is the best pure 3-4 DE here. With so many 3-4 Teams his value is higher then people are saying. Not the sack machine people look for these days but the best overall DE prospect here. Stranger things have happened.

LB
    Zach Brown - The only LB worth a 1st IMO. May end up a ILB but has OLB ability as well.

Nick Perry - At only 21 Perry has a huge upside. Still has a bit to prove but is a good edge rusher teams jump on. I am not for jumping on anther DE/OLB they rarely turn out good.

Lavonte David - Is an old school LB. Tough player with excellent instincts and quick reaction time. Is in on every play. The kind of guy I could see Rex pulling for.

Courtney Upshaw - Not a great tackler and will be burned in coverage. Has potential to be a solid LB but nothing special. He will need to show a lot better to go in the 1st much less this high.

DB
    Dre Kirkpatrick - Will be a FS prospect as will. Wouldn't shock me if he was there. Only DB I see us taking in the 1st.
    His biggest play all yr was 30 yds. Not good!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanu over Jeffery and Floyd? No way that happens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm probably over my quota of being a loud mouth tonight - so I'll just say this;

Your assessment of the WRs is erroneous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'm probably over my quota of being a loud mouth tonight - so I'll just say this;

I got your back bro.

Although, I am still waiting for an Irvin over Faulk explanation...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

I agree with you on this one. We had a little back and forth in the other thread, but aI wouldnt say you were being a loud mouth. I like having good dicussions on different view points with people can backup their point with something other than saying a player or coach sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yeah that is way off. Floyd, Jeffery then Sanu

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeffery actually is listed as a 2nd rounder but many like him earlier. I read a lot of draft reports. CBS has Kendall Wright over Sanu and Jeffery but with his height he just isn't 1st round. Most have Floyd over Sanu but Floyd does have attitude concerns. I'll go with Sanu based on that alone. More and more teams are passing because of that. Kinda how Dallas ended up with Dez. They are pretty interchangeable.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Vontaze Burfict.

To me he would bring much needed speed and an aggressive mind set. He can be overly aggressive, but I also feel he would be able to cover the middle of the field and defend tight ends well from the limited film I've seen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Vontaze Burfict.

To me he would bring much needed speed and an aggressive mind set. He can be overly aggressive, but I also feel he would be able to cover the middle of the field and defend tight ends well from the limited film I've seen.
    Luke Kuechly and Vontaze I guess both have a shot. For us to go ILB they would have to really look like a monster though.

While Burfict certainly has the hype and talent to warrant leaving school early, quite frankly he's been a disappointment over the past two seasons. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
    This stood out to me. His own coach also called his performance average as well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Jeffery actually is listed as a 2nd rounder but many like him earlier. I read a lot of draft reports. CBS has Kendall Wright over Sanu and Jeffery but with his height he just isn't 1st round. Most have Floyd over Sanu but Floyd does have attitude concerns. I'll go with Sanu based on that alone. More and more teams are passing because of that. Kinda how Dallas ended up with Dez. They are pretty interchangeable.
    Floyd is a true talent yea he had problems but they were alcoholic related. He's in college at Notre Dame what do u expect. Brian Kelly made he change his life around to be allowed to plAy this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I got your back bro.

Although, I am still waiting for an Irvin over Faulk explanation...
    heh, i did in the other thread. It was around the time i posted the Brees hoisting Sproles over his head picture, lol

I agree with you on this one. We had a little back and forth in the other thread, but aI wouldnt say you were being a loud mouth. I like having good dicussions on different view points with people can backup their point with something other than saying a player or coach sucks.
    Ya like i saying erroneous towards the OP. Senu above the other guys is galactically wrong IMO.

I think the consensus is Jeffrey over Floyd - which I'm glad to hear since that means Floyd (who i like better) is more likely to be the one that falls to us. I'm confident atleast 1 of the top 3 makes it to #16

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is absolutely no way we don't draft a punter in Round 1.