Thread: What if

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What if

The Jets traded the 16th pick for a ready made RT or OLB. Someone young and good.

Since the season ended, I have seen Tanny refer to himself numerous times as "not the greatest talent evaluator/personnel guy" or something to that effect. Also has admitted being "far from perfect int he draft."

I think Rex and Tanny know they cannot mess up this pick. I can see them going for a "sure thing".

What do you guys think?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not trading the 16th pick for any OLB not named DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm not trading the 16th pick for any OLB not named DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews.
    I agree. But that aint happening.

Realistically I think it would have to be for an OT.

I just wanted to know what the fan's reaction would be if they did something like this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If teams have good young existing players they are not trading them for a mid 1st rounder. If you want good then you are probably looking at an older vet who may have some kind of problem. There may be a few oppos to do this kind of thing but they are rare.

In another thread I speculated on perhaps Miles Austin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If teams have good young existing players they are not trading them for a mid 1st rounder. If you want good then you are probably looking at an older vet who may have some kind of problem. There may be a few oppos to do this kind of thing but they are rare.

In another thread I speculated on perhaps Miles Austin.
    I see what you mean. But there is some value to the pick. I am thinking of a team with a player who is coming up on their second contract and the team wants to trade the player for the Jets' pick and use their existing pick to possibly move up. So they may be willing to trade. Basically a team willing to give up a good player bc they are in love with someone near the top of the draft. The Jets 16th pick may allow them to get their.

Austin is not old. Anyone in the 25-28 yo range ish.