Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why We NEED Trent Richardson

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What are you basing this on?

Here is the consensus on richardson:
    There are only five "elite" caliber players in the 2012 NFL draft. These players are the best players at their positions that analysts have seen in years. Luck, Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne and Richardson all fit the criteria for elite status.

Dime a dozen my ass.
    That's a load of sh*t. elite? How whore'd out is that word now? Luck is the only elite prospect in that group. Kalil? Blackmon? Those dudes are not freaking ELITE prospects. Great, yes. ...spare me on the babylon parade though.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Richardson a dime a dozen? I call total bullsh*t on that one.

He's definitely on the Peterson/McFadden level as a prospect. .
    That's a ridiculous statement. Richardson couldn't hold Peterson's jockstrap. He IS a dime a dozen. A great talent - sure, but great talent at that position is a dime a dozen. Unless you're without talent at RB, you're not spending a 1st round pick on this years "arbitrary HOF RB from the 80s".

We could use an upgrade yes, but other areas are of 100x greater need. There's going to be an assload of FA runningbacks to pick from and that IS the position to beef up on with FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I know you like Floyd, do you think he is worth the 16th pick? Or is that a "reach" at that point for him?
    hell no. he's worth every inch of #16

All Pro

He's definitely on the Peterson/McFadden level as a prospect. The only reason we'll have even the slightest chance of him falling to us is because basically every team in the 5-15 area is set at RB.

I agree that we need a WR, but how much of a difference will it make if Sanchez is constantly throwing the ball at their feet and overthrowing them by 10 yards? Not to mention that a lot of these receivers take 2-3 years before they're ready to make an impact. RB is one of the few positions where guys can step in and dominate from day one.
    Exactly and unlike Peterson and McFadden, there are no durability concerns with Richardson at all... (knocking on wood)... this kid is build like a freaking bulldozer...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Exactly and unlike Peterson and McFadden, there are no durability concerns with Richardson at all... (knocking on wood)... this kid is build like a freaking bulldozer...
    I think the two of you should be dragged out to a field and shot for saying Richardson is Peterson-esque... but if that's true, then he's not making it to #16 - so we can't stop talking about it and get back to reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets need to draft an explosive player. All these being equal, you'd draft the explosive WR over the explosive RB, but things aren't equal between Floyd and Richardson, so you'd have to go with TR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    That's a load of sh*t. elite? How whore'd out is that word now? Luck is the only elite prospect in that group. Kalil? Blackmon? Those dudes are not freaking ELITE prospects. Great, yes. ...spare me on the babylon parade though.

That's a ridiculous statement. Richardson couldn't hold Peterson's jockstrap. He IS a dime a dozen. A great talent - sure, but great talent at that position is a dime a dozen. Unless you're without talent at RB, you're not spending a 1st round pick on this years "arbitrary HOF RB from the 80s".

We could use an upgrade yes, but other areas are of 100x greater need. There's going to be an assload of FA runningbacks to pick from and that IS the position to beef up on with FAs.
    Dude, if you actually believe this, then you must not watch much Alabama football.

Richardson is easily the best RB prospect since Peterson. The guy has been compared to f*cking Bo Jackson and Earl Campbell for crying out loud.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love these Paradis draft arguments.

All Pro
    I think the two of you should be dragged out to a field and shot for saying Richardson is Peterson-esque... but if that's true, then he's not making it to #16 - so we can't stop talking about it and get back to reality.
    If you join us for saying Trent Richardson is dime a dozen...

And btw, many many scouts agree that Richardson is as good a running back prospect as their has been in recent years. Dont know why you get all emotional just because not everybody agrees with you that Michael Floyd is the must pick at 16...

All League
    The dude is not even anywhere near as good as Adrian Peterson. He's a back with a ton of carries from a school that does nothing but run the ball

The best we'll see out of him is Marshawn Lynch production which doesnt win you a superbowl

All League
    Richardson ain't lasting to 16. If he starts sliding someone trades up for him. Imagine the Pats packaging some of their million picks to take him ahead of us lol?

whats the point of a wr if your qb is getting plastered everytime he drops back to pass. The priority has to be ol/olb

He's definitely on the Peterson/McFadden level as a prospect. The only reason we'll have even the slightest chance of him falling to us is because basically every team in the 5-15 area is set at RB.

I agree that we need a WR, but how much of a difference will it make if Sanchez is constantly throwing the ball at their feet and overthrowing them by 10 yards? Not to mention that a lot of these receivers take 2-3 years before they're ready to make an impact. RB is one of the few positions where guys can step in and dominate from day one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    The dude is not even anywhere near as good as Adrian Peterson. He's a back with a ton of carries from a school that does nothing but run the ball

The best we'll see out of him is Marshawn Lynch production which doesnt win you a superbowl
    It was his first year shouldering the load, and he's a true junior. Not that worn down at all.

All Pro
    Dude, if you actually believe this, then you much not watch much Alabama football.

Richardson is easily the best RB prospect since Peterson. The guy has been compared to f*cking Bo Jackson and Earl Campbell for crying out loud.
    I have hard time believing that. Every year scouts who love to see their name publish make outlandish statments like this. Am I undervaluing him? Possibly. Am i underestimated how easy it is to acquire talent at this position. No.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    They're not bad hey? But seriously - every year people are ready to jump on drafting anything but WR with the 1st pick. ...This longsnapper from Illinois looks pretty good Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Dont know why you get all emotional just because not everybody agrees with you that Michael Floyd is the must pick at 16...
    I haven't brought up floyd here. If you like Jeffrey, pray for him. Whatever. doesn't matter - I've just had enough of the Plaxico's of the league on our team.

Is Floyd gonna be a Megatron type? If Jets brass think so, then they NEED to draft Floyd. You can find a good RB in rd 3 or 4. or FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If we are going to continue the offensive philosophy of ground and pound, then we need to draft Trent Richardson.

I will use a car as an analogy:

We want a Ferrari(ground and pound offense) but we are only putting a 4 cylinder engine in it at the moment(Greene).

If we are going to continue to run this offense, its time to address the most key component of it. The running back!

Get an elite back or scrap this ground and pound for the fling and wing philosphy. In this case, see same analogy sans Trich and insert Blackmon.

In short, lets all pray that Richardson runs a bad 40 time and falls to 16.
    The engine of the running game is most definitely not the running back, I assure you. That would insinuate it's the most important part, and it's not.

The offensive line is the whole car, the running back is just the guy in the passenger's seat. If you want to fix the running game, you fix the right side of the line that proved to be incredibly leaky this season. Without the need to exhaust all of the help from TE's and backs on helping the right side from collapsing, the help can be spread out so Brick can get some help every now and then, the reason he had a down season.

If you want to use to the car as a metaphor for the running game, the offensive line makes up the entirety of the car.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Is Floyd gonna be a Megatron type? If Jets brass think so, then they NEED to draft Floyd. You can find a good RB in rd 3 or 4. or FA.
    I'm glad you brought up that comparison, cause i think so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post

It was his first year shouldering the load, and he's a true junior. Not that worn down at all.
    Rushing for a team with an NFL sized line and being the only means of offense inflate numbers. This guy is no where near as good as Peterson was and there's a reason they're talking about him slipping out of the top 10. Alabama is becoming the Wisconsin of the SEC for runningback prospects.

Jets Insider VIP
    I haven't brought up floyd here.
    Haha

WHAT??

The first reply to this topic was you posting a pic of Floyd.

All League
    30+ Runningbacks have been drafted since 2000

Only 3 have a ring and only one can truly say he was the reason for winning that ring (Jamal Lewis)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Rushing for a team with an NFL sized line and being the only means of offense inflate numbers. This guy is no where near as good as Peterson was and there's a reason they're talking about him slipping out of the top 10. Alabama is becoming the Wisconsin of the SEC for runningback prospects.
    I don't think he is as good as Peterson either. He's just not worn down.

I think he is intriguing if he can run, catch, and block and play any and every snap or down and distance for an offense like ours.

richardson is not falling to 16
    cant say elite but hes def a special player

comparing mike floyd to megatron is ludicrous
    floyd doesnt have megatrons speed or size