Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why We NEED Trent Richardson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    12 rbs have been picked in the top 16 picks in the last 10 years. The top end backs will still get picked in the 1st round and even the 1st half of the 1st round.
    10 years? Okay, so that illustrious list includes

Cadillac Williams
    Cendric Benson
    William Green
    Darren McFadden
    Adrian Peterson
    Ronnie Brown
    Johnathan Stewart
    Reggie Bush
    Marshawn Lynch
    Knowshon Moreno
    C.J Spiller

Only player worth a damn could be Peterson, but look what happens when a team takes a player like that and then goes only to safe picks. Runningbacks are not vital play makers in these league anymore.

Everyone in red COULD compliment an already built team but they're not going to carry you to a superbowl

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post

Cadillac Williams
    Cendric Benson
    William Green
    Darren McFadden
    Adrian Peterson
    Ronnie Brown
    Johnathan Stewart
    Reggie Bush
    Marshawn Lynch
    Knowshon Moreno
    C.J Spiller

Only player worth a damn could be Peterson, but look what happens when a team takes a player like that and then goes only to safe picks. Runningbacks are not vital play makers in these league anymore.

Everyone in red COULD compliment an already built team but they're not going to carry you to a superbowl
    There;s so much win in this post that I'm now homo for freshbaked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    A very good blocking tight end can be found on day 3of the draft or by using a 6th lineman. We are talking about using a first round pick on a player.

As far as RT is concerned, we need a starting right tackle day 1. Might be a bit risky, even going with a 1st rounder to fill that void. Might be better off signing a stop gap player for a year or two and then drafting his replacement
    later on day 2 or 3 of the draft.

As far as first rounders go, you take BAP always. Trent would be one of the biggest bargains in the last decade if we were able to get him at 16.

Yes we have bigger needs but what has Greene done to make a statement that he can carry the load for an entire season, as our bell cow?
    TR at 16 would be manna from Heaven

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is Sporting news latest mock from today. Guess who they have us taking:

16. New York Jets: Trent Richardson*, RB, Alabama. Shonn Greene has not developed into the player New York hoped he would be. Richardson is a rare talent who should greatly help Mark Sanchez in 2012.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...winner-griffin

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Here is Sporting news latest mock from today. Guess who they have us taking:

16. New York Jets: Trent Richardson*, RB, Alabama. Shonn Greene has not developed into the player New York hoped he would be. Richardson is a rare talent who should greatly help Mark Sanchez in 2012.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...winner-griffin
    Please God, make it so!

Sparano + solid RT + Richardson = Get back to punching teams in the f*cking mouth!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Please God, make it so!

Sparano + solid RT + Richardson = Get back to punching teams in the f*cking mouth!
    Btw this reminded me, I saw in another thread you touting DeCastro. I think the reason you don't take a guy like him regardless of whether TR is taken or not, is that you have elite guards available in FA (Nicks, Grubbs). You will rarely find a non-cancerous elite WR, an elite pass rusher, or a young elite runner on the FA market. OL sadly still don't get love from FOs... you'd think they'd learn by now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if the RT's not Solid, UT?

This "solid RT" business has become contrived.

Greene plus a passing game =

Sanchez plus new eyeballs =

Jets + a SB =

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What if the RT's not Solid, UT?

This "solid RT" business has become contrived.

Greene plus a passing game =

Sanchez plus new eyeballs =

Jets + a SB =
    Look every single skill position we could possibly pick in this draft is contingent on us getting a solid RT. Floyd will look like garbage if Sanchez is planted on the ground cause Hunter let another guy right through.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Look every single skill position we could possibly pick in this draft is contingent on us getting a solid RT. Floyd will look like garbage if Sanchez is planted on the ground cause Hunter let another guy right through.
    Oh i know. I'm aware of the importance of the Oline being a "solid" front, but the moniker of solid RT is being stapled to everything right now. It seems a little trite to say that's all. Plenty of teams operate succesfully with inferior olines that the one we'll be sporting next year (with Turner). Sanchez had time. He was certainly under duress at times, but he didn't always pull the trigger on a A LOT of 3 step drops.

I hope we find someone in FA. In fact, i just want FA to get here already so i know what the state of affairs is heading into the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac Williams
    Cendric Benson
    William Green
    Darren McFadden
    Adrian Peterson
    Ronnie Brown
    Johnathan Stewart
    Reggie Bush
    Marshawn Lynch
    Knowshon Moreno
    C.J Spiller

That's an ugly list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have tunnel vision on Richardson. I do think the Jets need a starting RB who can catch out of the backfield. I'm a Shonn Greene fan he's not an every down back imo.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can speculate all we want on who The Jets will and should take, but the reality is that The Jets will not know who they will be picking until they are on the clock. With so many legitimate needs the board is going to dictate our pick. Richardson would be nice, but I do not think he will be there at 16. Tanny will be hard pressed to pass up the BPA when he is on the clock for any one position. The BPA at 16 will probably be someone that we need and that will be the guy we draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    We can speculate all we want on who The Jets will and should take, but the reality is that The Jets will not know who they will be picking until they are on the clock. With so many legitimate needs the board is going to dictate our pick. Richardson would be nice, but I do not think he will be there at 16. Tanny will be hard pressed to pass up the BPA when he is on the clock for any one position. The BPA at 16 will probably be someone that we need and that will be the guy we draft.
    Sgt. Buzzkill just got a promotion and he will now be called Capt. Obvious!

I think we all know it's speculation and that the Jets don't know who they're taking yet and that the 1st 15 picks will determine who the Jets can select. Nobody needs you to point that out.

I just enjoy talking about the draft and I know everybody else here understands that none of what we say actually matters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac Williams
    Cendric Benson
    William Green
    Darren McFadden
    Adrian Peterson
    Ronnie Brown
    Johnathan Stewart
    Reggie Bush
    Marshawn Lynch
    Knowshon Moreno
    C.J Spiller

Agreed which is why you wonder why the Jets are going back into the dark ages and getting back to ground and pound.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Agreed which is why you wonder why the Jets are going back into the dark ages and getting back to ground and pound.
    just eyeballing this list, nearly all of these guys come from major programs. rbs playing with very good to elite talent can look better than they actually are, maybe moreso than other positions.

i happen to agree with another poster that under sporanno, the jets will gravitate to rbs who can catch. maybe this guy won't be afraid to use mcknight more often inthe passing game. the jets were at their best on offense when he and kerley were involved.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taking a Floyd/Jeffery in rd 1 and hoping Lamar Miller is available in rd 2 isn't a bad play either. IMO Miller and Greene go perfect together.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I know everybody else here understands that none of what we say actually matters.
    Whoa. Say what?!

edit** actually thats not true. Basically what I want - is guaranteed to not happen. So you can basically cross off Floyd.
    Last edited by Paradis; 01-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.