Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: McNutt,Jenkins,Posey,Cunningham and Marvin Jones

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like

    McNutt,Jenkins,Posey,Cunningham and Marvin Jones

    What's the deal with these guys?.....I don't get why none of them seem to be in the conversation much before Rd 3 or 4

    Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to get one of them without using a top 2 pick but is there something I'm missing or are they just underrated at this stage?

    McNutt especially just looks amazing and has put up incredible numbers despite only playing the position a couple of years.I don't get why he isn' a certain 1st Rd pick

    Jenkins looks really qiuck and in the limited video I've seen of him has really good hands(always plucking the ball,rarely body catches)and runs well after the catch.quality production at a big programme without much of a QB too

    DeVier Posey looks like a Hakeem Nicks clone in that he's big in that inbetween way(not a monster like Megatron but good size)but looks WAY faster and has produced at a top school with a good record of sendind WR to the NFL

    Cunningham as well has great size and excellent production and Michigan State is great programme....again they have a good track record with sending WR's to the NFL

    Finally Marvin Jones might be the most intriguing.Great size but also looks like he could be genuinely fast.Has made some great catches and has pretty good numbers as well,yet I don't see him rated much higher than a 4th or 5th rounder

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    What's the deal with these guys?.....I don't get why none of them seem to be in the conversation much before Rd 3 or 4

    Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to get one of them without using a top 2 pick but is there something I'm missing or are they just underrated at this stage?

    McNutt especially just looks amazing and has put up incredible numbers despite only playing the position a couple of years.I don't get why he isn' a certain 1st Rd pick

    Jenkins looks really qiuck and in the limited video I've seen of him has really good hands(always plucking the ball,rarely body catches)and runs well after the catch.quality production at a big programme without much of a QB too

    DeVier Posey looks like a Hakeem Nicks clone in that he's big in that inbetween way(not a monster like Megatron but good size)but looks WAY faster and has produced at a top school with a good record of sendind WR to the NFL

    Cunningham as well has great size and excellent production and Michigan State is great programme....again they have a good track record with sending WR's to the NFL

    Finally Marvin Jones might be the most intriguing.Great size but also looks like he could be genuinely fast.Has made some great catches and has pretty good numbers as well,yet I don't see him rated much higher than a 4th or 5th rounder

    Any thoughts?
    The guy's you mention all have issues between speed, route running, hands, etc.

    Nothing's truly WRONG with these guys, but none of them will be a true #1 in the NFL. The Jets desperately need that game-changing #1 type WR, hence the first round Jeffrey/Floyd talk. I do agree that we ALSO need to draft a 4th/5th round type guy if possible, including your list here.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I admit I thought Cunningham was going to be a better prospect coming out. I guess scouts don't think he'll be able to separate next level?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Yeah, I admit I thought Cunningham was going to be a better prospect coming out. I guess scouts don't think he'll be able to separate next level?
    Won't be an issue... His hands however...

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like McNutt or Posey in the 4th or 5th

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    1- after Blackmon, Posey is one of the physically most impressive receivers in the draft....problem is he's as a poorly developed game and missed 90% of the season due to Tattoogate....if you get him starting in round three or later, develop him and get him to play up to his potential two years down the road everyone will say "WTF"....

    2- McNutt is too much of a long strider with limited quickness...also does too much body catching...

    3- Jones is a terrific pass catcher with size/speed issues...think a dirt poor mans version of former Giant Steve Smith.....

    4- Cunningham is a terrific wide out but not very fast or quick...good #4 maybe #3 in the NFL- reliable, tough as sh!t and consistently makes the difficult catch.,....at 6022/220 he'd be a good addition for the Jets sarting in round five..

    5- mentioned Jenkins here before- he's Curley + four inches...will make a very good #3 WR soehwere in the league....

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marvin Jones is coming back!?

    He must be like 45 by now!

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The guy's you mention all have issues between speed, route running, hands, etc.

    Nothing's truly WRONG with these guys, but none of them will be a true #1 in the NFL. The Jets desperately need that game-changing #1 type WR, hence the first round Jeffrey/Floyd talk. I do agree that we ALSO need to draft a 4th/5th round type guy if possible, including your list here.
    If we came away with Jeffrey(not on the Floyd bandwagon personally)and one of those other guys(Jenkins or Posey preferably)or Kendall Wright and BJ or Jones I'd be doing cartwheels

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens NY
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really like that kid Jenkins out of Florida state, Are you sure that he declared?

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    1- after Blackmon, Posey is one of the physically most impressive receivers in the draft....problem is he's as a poorly developed game and missed 90% of the season due to Tattoogate....if you get him starting in round three or later, develop him and get him to play up to his potential two years down the road everyone will say "WTF"....

    2- McNutt is too much of a long strider with limited quickness...also does too much body catching...

    3- Jones is a terrific pass catcher with size/speed issues...think a dirt poor mans version of former Giant Steve Smith.....

    4- Cunningham is a terrific wide out but not very fast or quick...good #4 maybe #3 in the NFL- reliable, tough as sh!t and consistently makes the difficult catch.,....at 6022/220 he'd be a good addition for the Jets sarting in round five..

    5- mentioned Jenkins here before- he's Curley + four inches...will make a very good #3 WR soehwere in the league....

    On Posey:That's what jumps out,his athleticism and body shape just scream high end athlete....looks like he can turn on the afterburners and he's what 6-2 215?...If we somehow got MegaSHON in the first I'd love to pick him up and develop him.I think we need more than 1 WR in this draft(dependant on how FA pans out)

    On McNutt:I'm never sure what to make of the term 'long-strider' He might not time well but he seems to just run away from people.What will he run?Does running a 4.55 or better catapult him into Rd 1 consideration?Point taken on the bodycatching.

    On Jones:Size and speed issues?really?....damn I thought he was 6-3 and looks really fast,also quite elusive for a big guy and makes people miss.If I were a betting man I'd have a punt on him timing somewhere in the late 4.4's or early 4.5's....I see dirt-poor-mans Braylon Edwards but admittedly have not seen much of him.It does seem like he's often pulling in circus catches from poor throws or having beat his man deep needing to come to the ball...basically he's had average QBing to overcome.... Where does he likely go?

    Cunningham in 5 would be amazing.I can't help but think Cotchery but 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier but no slower.Would sign up for that today.

    Just another name to throw out there...Gerell Robinson...hardly heard any buzz about him

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Marvin Jones is coming back!?

    He must be like 45 by now!
    LOL yeah he's dropped a few pounds and his hands are better than you remember

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CR8ZMIKE;4322704]Really like that kid Jenkins out of Florida state, Are you sure that he declared?[/QUOTE/

    ???....Jenkins from FSU?

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens NY
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there another Jenkins From (Florida State) i don't know of?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    is there another Jenkins From (Florida State) i don't know of?
    He was talking about AJ Jenkins (WR from Illinois) and not Brandon Jenkins (DE/OLB from FSU who goes back for his senior year anyways)...

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    On Posey:That's what jumps out,his athleticism and body shape just scream high end athlete....looks like he can turn on the afterburners and he's what 6-2 215?...If we somehow got MegaSHON in the first I'd love to pick him up and develop him.I think we need more than 1 WR in this draft(dependant on how FA pans out)

    On McNutt:I'm never sure what to make of the term 'long-strider' He might not time well but he seems to just run away from people.What will he run?Does running a 4.55 or better catapult him into Rd 1 consideration?Point taken on the bodycatching.

    On Jones:Size and speed issues?really?....damn I thought he was 6-3 and looks really fast,also quite elusive for a big guy and makes people miss.If I were a betting man I'd have a punt on him timing somewhere in the late 4.4's or early 4.5's....I see dirt-poor-mans Braylon Edwards but admittedly have not seen much of him.It does seem like he's often pulling in circus catches from poor throws or having beat his man deep needing to come to the ball...basically he's had average QBing to overcome.... Where does he likely go?

    Cunningham in 5 would be amazing.I can't help but think Cotchery but 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier but no slower.Would sign up for that today.

    Just another name to throw out there...Gerell Robinson...hardly heard any buzz about him
    definitely a guy that would fit the need for size at receiver if they cut Burress though you're looking at a #4...solid player if you want a receiver for inside 15yds...

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really wanted Posey last year if he came out. He's a homerun type of pick. I think he has #1 potential and they can probably get him in the 4th or so.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I really wanted Posey last year if he came out. He's a homerun type of pick. I think he has #1 potential and they can probably get him in the 4th or so.
    These are the type of picks that I love. It's like Carl Nicks who we were talking about on the main forum. A guy who people are a bit scared of due to character or injury issues that gets picked mid rounds and a few years later people wonder how the hell that happened when the guy turns out so good.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    These are the type of picks that I love. It's like Carl Nicks who we were talking about on the main forum. A guy who people are a bit scared of due to character or injury issues that gets picked mid rounds and a few years later people wonder how the hell that happened when the guy turns out so good.
    Agree with both of you.I think Posey looks like a future star and if Carl Nicks can play RT then I'd love him as the long=term replacement for Woody/Hunter/Ducasse.

    Unfortunately I can see Marcus Cannon and Ryan Mallett fulfilling that same prophecy in the coming years with NE.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I really wanted Posey last year if he came out. He's a homerun type of pick. I think he has #1 potential and they can probably get him in the 4th or so.
    Yeah a little Miles Austin-esque. I really like this player too.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    1- after Blackmon, Posey is one of the physically most impressive receivers in the draft....problem is he's as a poorly developed game and missed 90% of the season due to Tattoogate....if you get him starting in round three or later, develop him and get him to play up to his potential two years down the road everyone will say "WTF"....

    2- McNutt is too much of a long strider with limited quickness...also does too much body catching...

    3- Jones is a terrific pass catcher with size/speed issues...think a dirt poor mans version of former Giant Steve Smith.....

    4- Cunningham is a terrific wide out but not very fast or quick...good #4 maybe #3 in the NFL- reliable, tough as sh!t and consistently makes the difficult catch.,....at 6022/220 he'd be a good addition for the Jets sarting in round five..

    5- mentioned Jenkins here before- he's Curley + four inches...will make a very good #3 WR soehwere in the league....
    Ahh... you mean Steve Smith... the poor man's version of Steve Smith.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us