Mike Devito
    Nick Folk
    Wayne Hunter
    Jim Leonhard
    Matthew Mulligan
    Bart Scott
    LaDanain Tomlinson

Traded

Santonio Holmes to Redskins for 4th Rd Pick (Snyder dumb enough to make trade)
    Dustin Keller to Cleveland for 2nd round Pick (they need Offensive weapons desperately)
    Trade down in 1st for 3rd round pick

FA Pick-ups/Re-signing

Sione Pouha, NT
    Robert Turner, OL
    Joel Dressen, TE (receiving threat who can also block)
    Demetrius Bell, OT (to settle RT position)
    Jerome Simpson, WR
    Michael Griffin, S
    Rian Lindell, K
    Braylon Edwards, WR (1 year contract/cheap/incentive based)

Draft

1. Courtney Upshaw, OLB
    2. Vontaze Burfict, ILB
    2. Nick Toon, WR
    3. Robert Lester, S
    3. Brandon Mosley, OT/OG
    4. Donnie Fletcher, CB
    4. George Bryan, TE
    5. Ryan Steed, CB
    6. Moe Petrus, C
    7. Bryan Anger, P

Haley's already hired bro. I stopped reading after that...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Who hired him? As of this AM he was still available.
    Wow dude, you are so cool!!! You stopped reading after that. Sorry we dont get moment to moment updates like you. Man I wish i could be as awesome as you and stop reading after one mistake. Dude how can i get your autograph?
    Last edited by kennyo7; 01-09-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Haley is still out there Zona hasn't even offered him a job much less landed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Haley is still out there Zona hasn't even offered him a job much less landed him.
    I read it here. I'm too trusting...

And Kenny, lol... Relax. Nothing personal.

I'm on the Griffin bandwagon as well.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Who hired him? As of this AM he was still available.
    Wow dude, you are so cool!!! You stopped reading after that. Sorry we dont get moment to moment updates like you. Man I wish i could be as awesome as you and stop reading after one mistake. Dude how can i get your autograph?
    I think you dumped a lot of starters. I like a lot of your moves by themselves, but I think all of those moves together is too much of an overhaul for me. I think one of the things this season showed us is the importance of chemistry and I think having turnover at all of those positions would be more harm than good a but that's just me.
    Good job man, I enjoyed the read.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    I think you dumped a lot of starters. I like a lot of your moves by themselves, but I think all of those moves together is too much of an overhaul for me. I think one of the things this season showed us is the importance of chemistry and I think having turnover at all of those positions would be more harm than good a but that's just me.
    Agreed

The coaching staff is ideal, but like you said, in regards to the roster moves it's too much of an overhaul for my liking.

Also, that Cleveland trade is way too pie in the sky. No way we could move Keller for a 2nd round pick. And I would love to bring back Dreessen, but not as our featured TE.

I think the draft is rock solid though.

I kept reading and busted a nut with FA signings and draft. It's pretty freaking dreamy.

NO NEED TO CUT DEVITO though. That makes zero sense.

If your scenario held up, we'd have a ton of cap space (cut smith too if I were you, big cap charge for a mediocre player) b/c trading holmes saves cap space. Such being the case I'd go after Carl Nicks and all of a sudden our line is really really deep. Don't trade Keller, but love the Joel pickup. I'd stay put and see if TRich drops. Grab him and put him behind that OL and you have a monster offense.

Whoa wrong thread.

Perhaps my least favorite arrogant saying on message boards on the internet. It's a total given that a person will not agree with or find a small error in almost all threads like this so if you are not prepared to give proper feedback save everyone the time and band width and don't post.

I am not in love with Keller but not sure trading him for a2nd is the right thing to do. I would imageine that LT will not be back but I'd like him back, the guy still plays hard and has some character.

I totally disagree with cutting Devito, he's a quality run stopping DE in this system. Why create a hole when you don't have to?

I like a lot of the other moves though.

No way Keller gets cut, removing Sanchez's favorite target at this point would be a horrible decision. He's had so much change that taking away his favorite target again would be absurd.

Otherwise I like everything you're saying. Devito is way overvalued on this board, he's a nice, big body, run stopper but should not get top d-linemen money.

Jets Insider VIP
    With the exception of trading Keller, cutting DeVito, and hiring Daboll it looks good. Further receiving upheval is not what Sanchez needs and DeVito is a quality DLineman on a cheap longterm deal. You keep guys like that. And Daboll sucks at his job.

All League
    Charter JI Member

There's no way we are letting DeVito go or trading Dustin Keller.

Rex loves Devito....his importance to the defense is vastly underrated.

As for DK - no way - not only is he Sanchez's favorite target, he's probably one of Sanchez's best friends on the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Perhaps my least favorite
    I stopped reading after this

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

There is an opening on the offensive staff of the Arizona Cardinals after quarterbacks coach Chris Miller was fired, but no move has been made yet to fill the job with Todd Haley.

The former Cardinals offensive coordinator remains a strong candidate to re-join the team, according to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, and league sources tell us the same thing. But Haley has yet to meet with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and the situation remains fluid.

"Evaluating where we are, we felt a change at this time was warranted," Whisenhunt said Monday, according to Somers.

What exactly Whisenhunt has planned remains to be seen. Somers speculates Haley may be waiting to see what else is available and many expect one of two more head-coaching openings to pop up. Indianapolis and Oakland are in flux right now and while Haley might not be a candidate for the top job at either place, you never know how staffs will be constructed.

The Cardinals have an offensive coordinator in Mike Miller and he would likely need a new title if Haley arrived. Per Somers, Whisenhunt seems willing to make those move

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ce=twitterfeed

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I am not in love with Keller but not sure trading him for a2nd is the right thing to do. I would imageine that LT will not be back but I'd like him back, the guy still plays hard and has some character.

I totally disagree with cutting Devito, he's a quality run stopping DE in this system. Why create a hole when you don't have to?

I like a lot of the other moves though.
    I dont like Keller at all. He drops catchable passes and cant block to save his life. The extra second rd pick (which may be a pipe dream if we can get) helps us meet some of our needs.

Agree that Devito is a quality run stuffer but we have 3 other guys who do the same thing at the same level (Dixon, Pitoitua, MTV, and K. Ellis). Plus, i was hoping his roster spot would go to signing a veteran D-lineman (? is Sean Ellis is cut by NE) who can help the younger guys develop.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    No way Keller gets cut, removing Sanchez's favorite target at this point would be a horrible decision. He's had so much change that taking away his favorite target again would be absurd.

Otherwise I like everything you're saying. Devito is way overvalued on this board, he's a nice, big body, run stopper but should not get top d-linemen money.
    Im not cutting Keller. Im trading him.
    Keller drops too many passes and slacks on so many play. He is a problem. I know Sanchez likes Keller, but a new QB can adjust to new targets (preferably ones who dont drop easy passes and hustle on every play).

Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    I think the overhaul is needed. There are too many cancers on this team that are bringing us down. The starters I am cutting are not very good and are being replaced by younger and more athletic talent.

I dont think this team is very good as is right now. We were very lucky the last 2 years in the regular season. Both years could have easily finished 7-9 or 8-8. Thats where the talent level is. Dont be misguided by our playoff runs. While i loved being in the AFCCG 2 years in a row, our deficiencies were brutally exposed in both games and they have not been corrected.