Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama vs LSU: Clash of the Titans & Trent Richarsdon/Ushaw watch

Alabama vs LSU: Clash of the Titans & Trent Richarsdon/Ushaw watch

Who is watching this game? I'm at work so got no access
    Mods please don't move this thread just yet, there is no other threads on this and the NCAA/college football forum is deserted.

Back to the thread Trent Richardson looks jacked in warmups.

Nick Saban was so bad as the Dolphins head coach lol

The amount of defensive speed on the field is ridiculous

Upshaw with a nice tackle there

Veteran
    I'll take LSU's punter, Brad Wing, too

Would love if the Jets could get Courtney Upshaw at 16, kid has the motor and skills to be a great pass rushing OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I'll take LSU's punter, Brad Wing, too
    He's a true freshman so we will have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by HammyNYJets View Post
    Would love if the Jets could get Courtney Upshaw at 16, kid has the motor and skills to be a great pass rushing OLB.
    Im all for upshaw, he is exactly what we need on defense. "speed" rushers are very rare and we have maybin who can do that. Upshaw is a strong, heavy, tough LB that is fast enough to play 3-4 OLB and strong enough to be a very good pass rusher.

Day 1 starter for us....I hope he's our guy.

The pursuit of upshaw on that option play

All League
    Upshaw seems better at stopping the run. Granted, we arn't going to see a lot of passing but he was pinned with not having enough burst to put pressure on QBs at the next level and so far I might have to agree.

LSU giving Richardson zero right now

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    LSU giving Richardson zero right now
    And LSU is as close as you'll get to a mid range NFL defense

All League
    Lack of weapons and the fact that LSU's secondary is godly means no redzone offense for Alabama. But this QB isn't looking too shabby

Tony Reali @AroundTheHorn
    "McCarron is going to dump it off. And that is Smelley." - Musburger

Win!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Upshaw seems better at stopping the run. Granted, we arn't going to see a lot of passing but he was pinned with not having enough burst to put pressure on QBs at the next level and so far I might have to agree.
    Ive read that he lacks "elite speed" but is excellent with his hands and has the strength to beat a lineman after they are engaged. Isn't that exactly what you want in a pass rusher? How many guys run past NFL Olineman???

I for one want a player that can get to the QB AFTER they have been engaged by a blocker. If we just want someone who can get off the ball, we have that in maybin.

As for richardson....why doesn't he play on passing downs? I thought he was a good receiver out of the backfield.

Also don't forget donta hightower, barron, and lester all on the bama D that could be fits for us. Also the safety on LSU, # 18 Brandon Taylor could be a mid round pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive read that he lacks "elite speed" but is excellent with his hands and has the strength to beat a lineman after they are engaged. Isn't that exactly what you want in a pass rusher? How many guys run past NFL Olineman???

I for one want a player that can get to the QB AFTER they have been engaged by a blocker. If we just want someone who can get off the ball, we have that in maybin.

As for richardson....why doesn't he play on passing downs? I thought he was a good receiver out of the backfield.

Also don't forget donta hightower, barron, and lester all on the bama D that could be fits for us. Also the safety on LSU, # 18 Brandon Taylor could be a mid round pick.
    Speed isn;t important but burst however is vital especially against bigger left tackles in the NFL. He's got size and strength and can play sideline to sideline but he seems average in his first three steps of a play

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    And LSU is as close as you'll get to a mid range NFL defense
    Not even close. LSU defense would give up 40 pts a game in the pros.

Honey Badger is short.

Upshaw is beastly. Keep hammering 'em Trent. McCarron seems to be playing quite competently

The Packers would hang 70 on either of these teams.

Man strength vs. boy strength