View Poll Results: Who do you want?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vontaze Burfict

    6 5.83%
  • Michael Floyd

    19 18.45%
  • Alshon Jeffery

    10 9.71%
  • Trent Richardson

    35 33.98%
  • Courtney Upshaw

    16 15.53%
  • Mark Barron

    11 10.68%
  • Devon Still

    0 0%
  • None of the above (list in thread)

    6 5.83%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Who do you want with our first round pick?

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont know how anyone can watch beast WR's like Nicks change games in this day and age and not want Floyd.

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dont know how anyone can watch beast WR's like Nicks change games in this day and age and not want Floyd.
    Completely agree, a WR like Floyd is going to help the running game as much as the passing. He'll make the d respect the passing game and give Sanchez a target that will go after the ball.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    floyd is a wus who cant play after taking a hit. go back and watch the fsu game. he should have been out there in the last ten minutes but wasnt because he doesnt have a set between his legs. if we go WR in the first round it should be alshon jeffrey. also, jeffrey has more athletic ability too.

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alshon Jeffrey is better than Floyd....he came from a better team in a better conference.....More of a gamebreaker

    The only thing he's worse at is his six pack apparently

    I would be happy with Floyd, but not over Alshon....no chance

  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    floyd is a wus who cant play after taking a hit. go back and watch the fsu game. he should have been out there in the last ten minutes but wasnt because he doesnt have a set between his legs. if we go WR in the first round it should be alshon jeffrey. also, jeffrey has more athletic ability too.
    I've watched every game Floyd played and he's one of the only reason ND won anything this year and he fearless going up for the ball.

    http://youtu.be/30BHWCTxm3g

    **** I forgot how to post youtube vids.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 01-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Alshon Jeffrey is better than Floyd....he came from a better team in a better conference.....More of a gamebreaker

    The only thing he's worse at is his six pack apparently

    I would be happy with Floyd, but not over Alshon....no chance
    Alshon will probably be the second WR taken so he'll be gone by 16 unless he bombs his 40 time.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Burfict has T-Sizzle written all over him. Same college too.

    Jets need a OL above everything. If they get a RT in FA then they can do whatever they want but OL is the most important need. When the OL is good, the team is good.
    RT is probably our biggest need. Like you said the Jets go as their O-line goes. If we don't upgrade significantly at Right Tackle our OL is in danger of regressing to 2007 form.

    The problem is the only good OT available in FA is Demetrius Bell and I don't know if the Jets can afford him. Levi Brown and Vernon Carey are such bad pass protectors they will make Wayne Hunter look good.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeffrey, Floyd, whatever I dont care.

    Any WR in the first round is fine by me.

  9. #69
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock.


    The poll should be titled "If trent richardson isnt there, who would you take?" I doubt a top 5 talent falls to 16.
    Last edited by chillywilly; 01-17-2012 at 08:10 PM.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock.


    The poll should be titled "If trent richardson isnt there, who would you take?" I doubt a top 5 talent falls to 16.
    There's 0 chance he falls that far.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    rather than spam the board with a new thread, here's my 1 round mock

    always wait for all the juniors to declare

    so this is 1st attempt of the season

    http://bit.ly/xPXn1R

    feedback welcomed

  12. #72
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    rather than spam the board with a new thread, here's my 1 round mock

    always wait for all the juniors to declare

    so this is 1st attempt of the season

    http://bit.ly/xPXn1R

    feedback welcomed
    Not sure if your Mock Draft is what the team's "should do", or what you believe they "will do", but a little birdie told me right now Cleveland is picking Trent Richardson because they are tired of Hillis's drama and Hardesty's boo boo's. Plus, Richardson is more a guaranteed success than RGIII,and they can not risk their #1 pick not working out.

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Not sure if your Mock Draft is what the team's "should do", or what you believe they "will do", but a little birdie told me right now Cleveland is picking Trent Richardson because they are tired of Hillis's drama and Hardesty's boo boo's. Plus, Richardson is more a guaranteed success than RGIII,and they can not risk their #1 pick not working out.
    Maybe what that person told you is the truth, but it has to be more about what they don't like about RG3 than it does with them being afraid he won't work out.

    To pass up a Heisman trophy-winning, stud QB in favor of a RB, you have to be sure the QB isn't going to be any good because passing on him, then watching him turn into a star will sting for a long time -- much longer than a swing and miss would considering the team-friendly rookie contracts now.

    But I guess that's why they're Cleveland. So it makes sense.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am beginning to think the Jets are going to address the OL in FA. Can't afford to take risks there. They need mercenaries who can fill in from the moment they sign their contract.

    Which leads me to think it is going to be Barron. Not a sexy pick by any means but he fills a needs and he is 6'2". The Jets desperately need size at the Safety position. No, he is not an answer to Gronk, but nobody is an answer to Gronk so it doesnt really matter.

    I dont think the Jets are picking a WR unless they are able to unload Holmes which is unlikely. A return to Ground and Pound makes me think a WR is even less likely.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-18-2012 at 10:23 AM.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Maybe what that person told you is the truth, but it has to be more about what they don't like about RG3 than it does with them being afraid he won't work out.

    To pass up a Heisman trophy-winning, stud QB in favor of a RB, you have to be sure the QB isn't going to be any good because passing on him, then watching him turn into a star will sting for a long time -- much longer than a swing and miss would considering the team-friendly rookie contracts now.

    But I guess that's why they're Cleveland. So it makes sense.
    If they go RGIII it would be the the 3d QB they've picked in the first round in 14 years. McCoy is not the reason the O was so bad this year. It was an unproductive running game because Hillis and Hardesty were hardly ever healthy and the lack of a #1 WR. There is a lot of pressure on Holmgren to start winning. They will win a lot sooner with a McCoy/Richardson combo then a RGIII/Hardesty combo. Plus they have plenty of money to sign a #1 WR.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am beginning to think the Jets are going to address the OL in FA. Can't afford to take risks there. They need mercenaries who can fill in from the moment they sign their contract.

    Which leads me to think it is going to be Barron. Not a sexy pick by any means but he fills a needs and he is 6'2". The Jets desperately need size at the Safety position. No, he is not an answer to Gronk, but nobody is an answer to Gronk so it doesnt really matter.

    I dont think the Jets are picking a WR unless they are able to unload Holmes which is unlikely. A return to Ground and Pound makes me think a WR is even less likely.
    No matter what style of offense we're running we're going to need WRs to throw to. Holmes is acting like a dick and might have lost the team and Plax isn't worth his contract (I said I want to keep Plax until I seen he's getting 3 plus mill a year). If we're going to get a WR lets get the best one we can instead of grabbing someone later in the draft.

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am beginning to think the Jets are going to address the OL in FA. Can't afford to take risks there. They need mercenaries who can fill in from the moment they sign their contract.

    Which leads me to think it is going to be Barron. Not a sexy pick by any means but he fills a needs and he is 6'2". The Jets desperately need size at the Safety position. No, he is not an answer to Gronk, but nobody is an answer to Gronk so it doesnt really matter.

    I dont think the Jets are picking a WR unless they are able to unload Holmes which is unlikely. A return to Ground and Pound makes me think a WR is even less likely.
    The Jets don't need an answer to Gronk. they need an aswer to Brady.That is why the first two picks have to be on an OLB and an ILB. Suddenly the front 7 would be very fast and athletic with Ellis hopefully earning DeVito's starting spot. I'd love to see this next season

    OLB Pace
    ILB Burfict
    ILB Harris
    OLB Upshaw (or Ingram since he is getting alot of love on the board)
    DE MoWilk
    NT Bo
    DT Ellis

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    If they go RGIII it would be the the 3d QB they've picked in the first round in 14 years. McCoy is not the reason the O was so bad this year. It was an unproductive running game because Hillis and Hardesty were hardly ever healthy and the lack of a #1 WR. There is a lot of pressure on Holmgren to start winning.
    Oh yeah, there's tons of pressure on him to start putting out a winning product. But if they pass on RG3 and he turns out to have a Cam Newton type of season, he will be in even more trouble, especially with the fanbase. Good GMs don't let the poor decisions of his predecessors could his judgement and restrict his ability to take players at certain positions. None of those players have anything to do with Robert Griffin. Even the Lions didn't pass on Calvin Johnson because of Charles Roders and Mike Williams.

    They will win a lot sooner with a McCoy/Richardson combo then a RGIII/Hardesty combo. Plus they have plenty of money to sign a #1 WR.
    This is not a fact. Who knows how good RG3 will be? He might have a 7 win season next year. It's possible. We've seen McCoy and what he can do... it's nothing special.

    I think Richardson will be great, but he's not going to make a lousy team good, like a great QB could.

    And nobody says they need to go into next season with Hardesty at RB. Backs are one of the easier positions to upgrade through FA. They can also pick up another RB in the 3rd round... Bernard Pierce, LaMichael James, Boom Herron... there are options at RB aside from the guys they currently have.

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Oh yeah, there's tons of pressure on him to start putting out a winning product. But if they pass on RG3 and he turns out to have a Cam Newton type of season, he will be in even more trouble, especially with the fanbase. Good GMs don't let the poor decisions of his predecessors could his judgement and restrict his ability to take players at certain positions. None of those players have anything to do with Robert Griffin. Even the Lions didn't pass on Calvin Johnson because of Charles Roders and Mike Williams.



    This is not a fact. Who knows how good RG3 will be? He might have a 7 win season next year. It's possible. We've seen McCoy and what he can do... it's nothing special.

    I think Richardson will be great, but he's not going to make a lousy team good, like a great QB could.

    And nobody says they need to go into next season with Hardesty at RB. Backs are one of the easier positions to upgrade through FA. They can also pick up another RB in the 3rd round... Bernard Pierce, LaMichael James, Boom Herron... there are options at RB aside from the guys they currently have.
    I'd take Richardson over RG3 in a heartbeat. Richardson is a lot less risky and should be productive quicker.

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    I'd take Richardson over RG3 in a heartbeat. Richardson is a lot less risky and should be productive quicker.
    so you don't think Griffin will be any good?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us