Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney: I like being able to fire people

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Romney: I like being able to fire people

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqLxzGTx8[/url]

well... that will go over well with the American people.

We can all relate to that awesome feeling you get right after you fire someone... amirite?

look it's one thing to fire people cause they are underperforming or to save the business or whatever

but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322064]but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?[/QUOTE]

That was completely taken out of context.

That being said...it IS a really bad soundbite, if it's taken out of context. Guarantee you'll hear this in a few political ads...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322064]well... that will go over well with the American people.[/quote]

Indeed, the expected rhetoric like "Well [U]I LIKE[/U] to hire people and create jobs and spread the wealth more than fire people, see Republicans just want to fire you, then kill you!!!" will indeed win over the drolling simple minded masses. I agree.

It's sad to see how low the bar is for political discourse, that this comment is actually taken as some kind of bad thing. Lowest COmmon (Understanding) Denominator rules the day, and I agree with PK, we're going to see this line run endlessly in the general campaign.

And remember, I loathe ROmney and would under no circumstances vote for him. This is still a laughable attack that relies on the ignorance of the listener to succeed.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-10-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not surprising who posted it.

It must suck to never have an original thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4322092]Not surprising who posted it.

It must suck to never have an original thought.[/QUOTE]

BAGHDAD BIT never disappoints.

[IMG]http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah it's MY Fault Romney said this.

Warfish wanted me to start more threads, this is what I got for today. Don't like it? start one of your own. :)

by the way that's part of running for President is not saying dumb things.

that's why Joe Biden isn't he President.

face facts, GOP'ers, in this environment, he's a toxic candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4322083]
    It's sad to see how low the bar is for political discourse, that this comment is actually taken as some kind of bad thing. [/QUOTE]

I'd love to hear the spin how this is a good thing to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322117]I'd love to hear the spin how this is a good thing to say.[/QUOTE]

Even in the snippet you provide he clearly says firing people who provide services to him.

Should you have to use a bad plumber(no offense Khan) a second time?

But you knew that, but choose to hide behind the 'Warfish wanted me to start more threads' line?

Pathetic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322117]I'd love to hear the spin how this is a good thing to say.[/QUOTE]

It is a free market. The point is if you aren't happy with what you are getting you can make a change and get it elsewhere. Why is this so shocking to you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322116]Oh yeah it's MY Fault Romney said this.[/quote]

Nope. Not your fault he said it, or that a large % of people are stupid enough to think it's a bad thing he said.

To really belive this is a bad thing to say, you have to believe free market commerce itself is bad. You have to think that when the Govt. sends out their Govt. Plumber, you must use him, no excpetions, and you have no right to use anyone else, regardless of service.

Oh, now I see why you think it was bad. Aye, to those who like Govt. power and Communism > Personal Rights and Freedom and Free Markets, indeed, quite a bad thing to say.

[QUOTE]Warfish wanted me to start more threads, this is what I got for today. Don't like it? start one of your own. :) [/QUOTE]

Not at all, glad to see someone other than me starting threads.

[QUOTE]by the way that's part of running for President is not saying dumb things. [/QUOTE]

Obama rivals G.W. Bush in verbal gaffs and stupid things said. Just doesn't get the same media airtime is all.

It's only counted as "stupidity" when it's a non-Democrat, because as we all know, Democrats are smarter than the rest of us, and their only weakness is that we don;t understand their brilliance;).

[quote]face facts, GOP'ers, in this environment, he's a toxic candidate.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. He's a waffling semi-lib flip-flopper candiate who will get crushed in the general.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-10-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

This is the first nonsense you came up with that you deemed "more important" than voter fraud?

LOL.

At least you're getting some responses this time. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322064][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqLxzGTx8[/url]

We can all relate to that awesome feeling you get right after you fire someone... amirite?

look it's one thing to fire people cause they are underperforming or to save the business or whatever

but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?[/QUOTE]

Personally I love that in a free country when I hire someone to provide a service to me and they don't perform satisfactorily I can fire them. I hired a Plumber once to help with a bathroom upgrade. The guy didn't show up on the day he said then didn't show up the next day as well. No call no nothing. So I called him and left a message not to bother showing up. Ended up bringing in another plumber that charged a bit more but was responsive and professional and showed up when they said they would. Capitalism at its finest if you ask me. The responsible plumber charged a higher rate and succeeded. The irresponsible one loses out. A beautiful thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4322143]It is a free market. The point is if you aren't happy with what you are getting you can make a change and get it elsewhere. Why is this so shocking to you?[/QUOTE]

it's the "like" part of it. I understand making a change. But it's not usually a pleasant transaction. It's the delight in his voice when he says he likes firing people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4322167]Personally I [B]love [/B]that in a free country when I hire someone to provide a service to me and they don't perform satisfactorily I can fire them. [/QUOTE]

you don't just like it, you LOVE it

it's like the Donald "you're fired"

let's derive joy out of someone losing a job

This is your front runner? thanks Republicans. should be a cake walk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322174]you don't just like it, you LOVE it

it's like the Donald "you're fired"

let's derive joy out of someone losing a job

This is your front runner? thanks Republicans. should be a cake walk.[/QUOTE]

When a person is fired, they haven't "lost" their job. He says "fired", not "laid off".

Not knowing the huge, huge difference is the liberal way, though, I guess.

I've taken joy in firing people - when I know that my group's overall performance (and my everyday sanity) will improve when that person left. As for sympathy, you reap what you sow.

This actually makes me like Romney a little bit more than earlier this morning.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4322190]When a person is fired, they haven't "lost" their job. He says "fired", not "laid off".

Not knowing the huge, huge difference is the liberal way, though, I guess.[/QUOTE]

+1

No concept of personal responsabillity or personal accountabillity.

To some, every single fired person is a blameless innocent victim of the evil greedy corrupted 1%, and we owe them money, food, housing and healthcare because of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322064][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqLxzGTx8[/url]

but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?[/QUOTE]

Too bad the government doesnt do more of it. But no...they keep useless people around forever because it is not politically correct. The Post office could be cut by 1/3 but we dont .... we have more military bases than we need but who wants to be party to base closings? These bases could be cut by 1/5, but we dont?

Why? No balls in government. Keep jamming it up the taxpayers a$$.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4322198]
    No concept of personal responsabillity or personal accountabillity.
    [/QUOTE]

Warfish you are a reasonable dude do you think it's appropriate to LIKE firing people? It's a grim task to be carried out with decorum. Not many people LIKE doing it.

note in the first post i understand that people get fired and that happens in a capitalism. My question is with the liking of it. If Romney had said "In a capitalism people get fired if they aren't performing" there's nothing wrong with that. What he said was "I Like Being Able to Fire People" there's a tone there that is not appropriate. Especially for a guy who has fired alot of people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4322190]
    I've taken joy in firing people - when I know that my group's overall performance (and my everyday sanity) will improve when that person left. As for sympathy, you reap what you sow.

This actually makes me like Romney a little bit more than earlier this morning.[/QUOTE]

You have taken joy in firing people. And so has Romney.

Well that makes two of you. Let's see if you can get to 150 million with that belief system. Appealing to everyone's total-bastardism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322209]Warfish you are a reasonable dude do you think it's appropriate to LIKE firing people?[/QUOTE]

I hope you have the minimal education to understand that there is a difference between saying "I like to fire people" (which he did [U]not[/U] say) and saying "I like to be able to fire people" (which he did say)

Do you ??