Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romney: I like being able to fire people

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4322190]When a person is fired, they haven't "lost" their job. He says "fired", not "laid off".

Not knowing the huge, huge difference is the liberal way, though, I guess.

[B]I've taken joy in firing people [/B]- when I know that my group's overall performance (and my everyday sanity) will improve when that person left. As for sympathy, you reap what you sow.

This actually makes me like Romney a little bit more than earlier this morning.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you really are a sad little man. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4322315]Yup, in all the content in this thread, it's MY post thats weak.

lol, don't you have some wipes to clean out of the sewage or something PK?;):P:D[/QUOTE]

I was the first to comment. Word.

Gingrich's SUPERPAC is even attacking capitalism. Just like the good little Pelosi lover he is.

I'll sink to his level and now proceed to attack his wife:

Someone...please tell that mannequin of a wife to blink once in a while.

[IMG]http://callistagingrichpeckedoutmyeyes.com/callista.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/1nt3rc3pt0r/Meme/scared-yao.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4322341]I was the first to comment. Word.

Gingrich's SUPERPAC is even attacking capitalism. Just like the good little Pelosi lover he is.

I'll sink to his level and now proceed to attack his wife:

Someone...please tell that mannequin of a wife to blink once in a while.

[IMG]http://callistagingrichpeckedoutmyeyes.com/callista.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/1nt3rc3pt0r/Meme/scared-yao.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

For the record Bit, THIS Is an example of what I find funny.

+1 to you PK.:D

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4322274]His response...

No, but I saved the company his daddy works for so he doesn't have to collect unemployment for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Really?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4322309]
    Clearly you've never been in a position of management.
    [/QUOTE]

neither has most of this country. you don't win a general election appealing to the managers.

For all those with limited reading and listening comprehension ( Sorry Bit but you need to brush up on your skills here) Romney was speaking about health care and health insurance. He indicated people should be able to fire their service providers and he liked doing that to PROVIDERS.
    That's a good thing. I agree. And he will be replacing that provider with one who does a better job. Now if everyone could fire an incompetent provider and replace them with good ones, the PEOPLE WIN.
    I think it was pretty clear. Anything can be taken out of context and "media doctored".
    It's like taking - " I think people who bomb abortion clinics are criminals" and editing it to: " I think abortion clinics are criminals".

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4322390]
    I think it was pretty clear. Anything can be taken out of context and "media doctored".
    It's like taking - " I think people who bomb abortion clinics are criminals" and editing it to: " I think abortion clinics are criminals".[/QUOTE]

Romney's PAC ran an ad that had Obama saying "If we talk about the economy we will lose"

the actual quote was Obama referencing McCain in 2008 campaign and that was a statement he believed then Senator McCain would be saying.

I didn't see any thread denoucing the PAC. no one cares about context. it's all about sound bites and this was a bad sound bite.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4322397]Romney's PAC ran an ad that had Obama saying "If we talk about the economy we will lose"

the actual quote was Obama referencing McCain in 2008 campaign and that was a statement he believed then Senator McCain would be saying.

I didn't see any thread denoucing the PAC. no one cares about context. it's all about sound bites and this was a bad sound bite.[/QUOTE]

Sure there was a thread. It's right here: [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4250586&highlight=Romney#post4250586[/url]

And in that thread, I pointed out that (D) often do exactly this, quote without context, or outright misquote, then spin the message/intent.

Thank you for proving my post inthat thread 100% accurate, it's appreciated.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4322337]LOL, you really are a sad little man. :yes:[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how consistently you drive home my point from earlier.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4322397]Romney's PAC ran an ad that had Obama saying "If we talk about the economy we will lose"

I didn't see any thread denoucing the PAC. no one cares about context. it's all about sound bites and this was a bad sound bite.[/QUOTE]

Simple question. Did Obama make that statement? Was it altered in ANY way? If yes/no then a valid statement.
    It's a bad sound bite to stupid, inattentive people.
    You would actually be a person to glean value from a Hitler speech.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4322412]It's amazing how consistently you drive home my point from earlier.[/QUOTE]

I know a few managers who rather fire people than manage and then usually F it up along the way. You are a dime a dozen.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322382]neither has most of this country. you don't win a general election appealing to the managers.[/QUOTE]

Yes you do, in addition to other groups. He's running for President of the United States, not President of the Those in the Individual Contributor Role. Only small minded fools would limit themselves.

It only folks like you that insist that any association with management equates to evil. Your lack of understanding and reachy out-of-context wharglebargle doesn't reflect on Romney in any way to anyone.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4322428]Yes you do, in addition to other groups. He's running for President of the United States, not President of the Those in the Individual Contributor Role. Only small minded fools would limit themselves.

It only folks like you that insist that any association with management equates to evil. Your lack of understanding and reachy out-of-context wharglebargle doesn't reflect on Romney in any way to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Why would those of us NOT in need of a community organizer be targeted by liberals for our vote?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4322422]I know a few managers who rather fire people than manage and then usually F it up along the way. You are a dime a dozen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Romney's quote was definitely taken out of context.

But here's the problem...and the reason shady political ad campaign people are licking their chops because of the quote:

Now...they have a nice little soundbite to play while flashing on the TV screen stats from Romney's track record at Bain (laying people off to increase a profits and solvency) while a dramatic, evil-sounding plays in the background.

Dirty dirty bad politics. I'm sure someones SUPERDUPERPAC is already working on it...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4322483]Romney's quote was definitely taken out of context.

But here's the problem...and the reason shady political ad campaign people are licking their chops because of the quote:

Now...they have a nice little soundbite to play while flashing on the TV screen stats from Romney's track record at Bain (laying people off to increase a profits and solvency) while a dramatic, evil-sounding plays in the background.

Dirty dirty bad politics. I'm sure someones SUPERDUPERPAC is already working on it...[/QUOTE]

The sheeple may not be brilliant but even they wouldn't fall for this line of advertising. It's pretty obvious when even liberals here acknowledge the context of the comment. Democrats and the losers challenging Mitt in the primary should stick with the flip flopper/no conviction line of attack. It is much more effective than the capitalism is bad/Romney likes firing people angle.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4322506]The sheeple may not be brilliant but even they wouldn't fall for this line of advertising. It's pretty obvious when even liberals here acknowledge the context of the comment. Democrats and the losers challenging Mitt in the primary should stick with the flip flopper/no conviction line of attack. It is much more effective than the capitalism is bad/Romney likes firing people angle.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. There are plenty of people who believe that Obama is a secret Muslim, born in Kenya who wants to turn the US into a caliphate under Sharia law.

Nothing is farfetched any longer....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4322518]I dunno. There are plenty of people who believe that Obama is a secret Muslim, born in Kenya who wants to turn the US into a caliphate under Sharia law.

Nothing is farfetched any longer....[/QUOTE]

People also believe that Bush caused 9/11 etc. Plenty of loons out there. Those opinions don't sway with the times. Its the 40 percent that occupy the center that sway elections one way or the other.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4322413]
    You would actually be a person to glean value from a Hitler speech.[/QUOTE]

this is a little bit over the line Palm.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4322526]Those opinions don't sway with the times.[/QUOTE]

They sway primaries though :yes: