Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Romney: I like being able to fire people

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4322526]People also believe that Bush caused 9/11 etc. Plenty of loons out there. [/QUOTE]

Indeeed, some folks actually think Mitt "Magic Underpants" Romney is a fiscal conservative who values individual liberty and freedom. What will the loons think of next!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4322535]They sway primaries though :yes:[/QUOTE]

That is true. Luckily this primary is just about wrapped up. In the end sanity prevails over the lunatic fringe.

Ron Paul defends Romney comments, taken out of context.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/abc-exclusive-ron-paul-defends-romney-lashes-out-at-his-critics/[/url]

[QUOTE=sunmou;4323090]Ron Paul defends Romney comments, taken out of context.
    [/QUOTE]

I've heard Ron Paul's newsletters from the 1990's read better in context.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4323107]I've heard Ron Paul's newsletters from the 1990's read better in context.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a newsletter he disavowed and did not write. While your guy Obama
    took a huge dump on the Bill of Rights. I suppose some people are A'Ok with
    American citizens being targeted and murdered without trial. Anyone who
    complained about Bush and defends Obama, while he continued all of Bush's polices is intellectually dishonest with themselves and others, or delusional.

[QUOTE=sunmou;4323128]Yeah, a newsletter he disavowed and did not write. While your guy Obama
    took a huge dump on the Bill of Rights. I suppose some people are A'Ok with
    American citizens being targeted and murdered without trial. Anyone who
    complained about Bush and defends Obama, while he continued all of Bush's polices is intellectually dishonest with themselves and others, or delusional.[/QUOTE]

American citizens? Please tell.

Anyone that thinks anything of that sound bite, except for the fact that it could be good for advertising for the Democratic party, is an absolute moron. Can we have an election about the issues and not about f*cking idiots trying to make things up? I mean, not in real life, as that is asking too much, but at least when you want a legitimate discussion with another supposedly intellectual human being.

And for the record, it would be nice to fire people/companies that do a sh*tty job. There's a reason why our education system is complete crap, and it has a lot to do with the inability to fire sh*tty teachers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4323107]I've heard Ron Paul's newsletters from the 1990's read better in context.[/QUOTE]

So do Barry O's books, I hear.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4322064][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqLxzGTx8[/url]

well... that will go over well with the American people.

We can all relate to that awesome feeling you get right after you fire someone... amirite?

look it's one thing to fire people cause they are underperforming or to save the business or whatever

but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4322170]it's the "like" part of it. I understand making a change. But it's not usually a pleasant transaction. It's the delight in his voice when he says he likes firing people.[/QUOTE]

Your title says he likes being able to fire someone. You then go on to say that Romney likes firing people. To like [B]being able to do something[/B] doesn't automatically mean [B]you like doing it[/B], but seeing as you're one of the more disingenuous posters on JI, I don't expect you to see (or admit) the distinction.

I read that statement as anti-union/civil service/status quo knock. Most of the time it is very difficult to fire someone in civil service, as we are all familiar. So I took that as Romney isn't a fan of not being able to terminate someone simply because of tenure or a staunch union base.

FTR, I am not a fan of Romney, nor do I vote in lockstep with my party like a lemming.
    Last edited by Jetworks; 01-11-2012 at 09:49 AM.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4322064][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqLxzGTx8[/url]

well... that will go over well with the American people.

We can all relate to that awesome feeling you get right after you fire someone... amirite?

look it's one thing to fire people cause they are underperforming or to save the business or whatever

but the question begs, what kind of man "likes" firing people?[/QUOTE]
    It will go over great, bit, because we live in an era of an incessantly growing and unproductive public sector.

Firing 1/2 the civil "servants" would make Romney a hero.

(Oh, and the quote is being childishly taken out of context...)

Just bow to Romney, he is your next US president.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4323969]
    Just bow to Romney, he is your next US president.[/QUOTE]

uh... no. He's a guy no one is excited to vote for.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;4324271]uh... no. He's a guy no one is excited to vote for.[/QUOTE]

Much like the incumbant POTUS. The downside for the POTUS is that the independent/undecideds who were excited for him last time, will not be out for him again. They see how they got fooled with the the whole Hope/Change/Transparency thing.:dunce:

[QUOTE=cr726;4323153]American citizens? Please tell.[/QUOTE]

Obama the American Citizen. Stamps on the Bill Of Rights and Wipes His Butt with the Constitution.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4324271]uh... no. He's a guy no one is excited to vote for.[/QUOTE]

Unlike BO, right? :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4323153]American citizens? Please tell.[/QUOTE]

Anwar al-Awlaki for one. 2nd, his son.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4325476]Anwar al-Awlaki for one. 2nd, his son.[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh.

JSJ. Caring about the rights of terrorists?

That's crazy talk....