Thread: Apple, the Liberals Favorite Company, and CEO Pay

Apple, the Liberals Favorite Company, and CEO Pay

[QUOTE]Apple CEO Cook Gets 1 Mln Share Retention Award

SAN FRANCISCO Apple Inc. said late Monday its Chief Executive Timothy Cook is getting 1 million restricted stock units as a promotion and retention award. Half the units will vest on Aug. 24, 2016 and the other half will vest on Aug. 24, 2021. For financial reporting purposes, the award was based on Apple's Aug. 24, 2011 closing price of $376.18, for a total value of just under $376.2 million. Apple shares closed at $421.73 Monday after hitting a record high intraday. They traded flat after hours.

Copyright 2012 MarketWatch, Inc.[/QUOTE]

376 million (now 421.73 million worth) worth of stock, just to stay employed at Apple (i.e. retention). Closing on half a BILLION dollars, not as compensation, but to be "retained" in a position he already fills.

Thoughts, my liberal anti-corporate apple-loving friends?;):D

[QUOTE=Warfish;4322307]
    Thoughts, my liberal anti-corporate apple-loving friends?;):D[/QUOTE]

companies like Apple are what's great about this country.

I have no problem with the comp package of this CEO. if the stock spikes 50 dollars after hours he's doing his job.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4322307]376 million (now 421.73 million worth) worth of stock, just to stay employed at Apple (i.e. retention). Closing on half a BILLION dollars, not as compensation, but to be "retained" in a position he already fills.

He deserves it. Great company, very successful

[QUOTE=bitonti;4322388]companies like Apple are what's great about this country.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate? How is Apple whats great about the United States, specificly?

[QUOTE=FF2;4322474]He deserves it.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate? What actions has he taken since taking over that earned him deserving a half billion in stock to stay in his current job?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4322488]Care to elaborate? How is Apple whats great about the United States, specificly?

[/QUOTE]

the innovation. any country can take a manufacturing order for 100,000 widgets at 10 cents a widget. Big deal.

but to create the Iphone, the Ipad, the Ipod etc. that's basically creating entire consumer markets out of thin air. Apple didn't invent the mp3 player or the smart phone but they perfected it.

I am a Liberal and an even stronger PC.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4322488]Care to elaborate? How is Apple whats great about the United States, specificly?

Care to elaborate? What actions has he taken since taking over that earned him deserving a half billion in stock to stay in his current job?[/QUOTE]

Kept the Apple juggernaut on track. I have no personal knowledge what he did but the stock continues to climb...my problem comes when a company that LOSES values still hands things like this out. If I was a shareholder I'd be pissed.

Perhaps people think a company like Apple can run on its own? It's no easy task replacing a legend.

[QUOTE=FF2;4322748]Kept the Apple juggernaut on track. I have no personal knowledge what he did but the stock continues to climb...my problem comes when a company that LOSES values still hands things like this out. If I was a shareholder I'd be pissed.[/quote]

So then profit is good, and rising stock prices are good. As long as a compnay is profitable, and share prices rises, one half billion in bonuses is acceptable.

But in this case, you have no idea what the bonus is for, but don;t care, because the stock prise rose.

Got it.

[quote]Perhaps people think a company like Apple can run on its own? It's no easy task replacing a legend.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it's easier when they give you a half billion bonus?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4322824]Do you think it's easier when they give you a half billion bonus?[/QUOTE]

Half a billion.

Hmm.

That's the cost of 2,272,727 iPod Touches.

Or the cost of a Space Shuttle mission.

Bejeebus. That is an A**LOAD of cash.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4322899]Half a billion.

Hmm.

That's the cost of 2,272,727 iPod Touches.

Or the cost of a Space Shuttle mission.

Bejeebus. That is an A**LOAD of cash.[/QUOTE]

...or just one Obama loan.

[IMG]http://images.politico.com/global/news/110912_solyndra1_ap_328.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4322307]376 million (now 421.73 million worth) worth of stock, just to stay employed at Apple (i.e. retention). Closing on half a BILLION dollars, not as compensation, but to be "retained" in a position he already fills.

Hoarding billions in cash , manufacturing overseas and exporting jobs.

No real pension plan or retiree health insurance.

Why don't we legislate this company to offer more........
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 01-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.

just to be clear he didn't get a half a billion dollar bonus.

Apple didn't write him a check for 300 million dollars.

he got stock that he probably can't sell all at once. They have to schedule these things over years. Jobs got similar deals.

that's the motivation of the CEO to keep the stock price high. it could be a 100 million dollar difference when he gets around to selling all of it.

And thats big money.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4323116]just to be clear he didn't get a half a billion dollar bonus.

Apple didn't write him a check for 300 million dollars.

he got stock that he probably can't sell all at once. They have to schedule these things over years. Jobs got similar deals.

that's the motivation of the CEO to keep the stock price high. it could be a 100 million dollar difference when he gets around to selling all of it.

And thats big money.[/QUOTE]

Got a problem with Exxon?