Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: With rebuilding of the Off. coaching staff, I'm convinced we go offense 1st round

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,901

    With rebuilding of the Off. coaching staff, I'm convinced we go offense 1st round

    With a revamped offensive staff/system, it would make sense to bring the new staff a toy in the 1st round.


    I am now almost certain we draft Trent or Michael Floyd in rd 1.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    With a revamped offensive staff/system, it would make sense to bring the new staff a toy in the 1st round.


    I am now almost certain we draft Trent or Michael Floyd in rd 1.
    The ONLY shot of getting Trent is if Griffin comes out and he end up in Cleveland.

  3. #3
    Let Cleveland take RG3

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    The ONLY shot of getting Trent is if Griffin comes out and he end up in Cleveland.
    RGIII announced already he is entering the draft

    http://www.espnflorida.com/rgiii-dec...for-the-draft/

  5. #5
    im thinking the opposite. They are going defense probably more than once. It wouldn't surprise me to see OLB in 1, ILB or S in 2 etc. Bryan Thomas leaving is probably the biggest hole on the team. Safety isn't far behind. the offense skill positions will be mid rounders again.

    Free agency will tell alot. If they sign Levi Brown and Dwayne Bowe there's no way they go offense in rd1.

    ps- I could see a long shot scenario where they take a QB like Ryan Tannehill in rd 1. If that wakes up Sanchez great they have trade bait. If not they have a real alternative.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im thinking the opposite. They are going defense probably more than once. It wouldn't surprise me to see OLB in 1, ILB or S in 2 etc. Bryan Thomas leaving is probably the biggest hole on the team. Safety isn't far behind. the offense skill positions will be mid rounders again.

    Free agency will tell alot. If they sign Levi Brown and Dwayne Bowe there's no way they go offense in rd1.

    ps- I could see a long shot scenario where they take a QB like Ryan Tannehill in rd 1. If that wakes up Sanchez great they have trade bait. If not they have a real alternative.
    i'm assumign they get a safety in FA. then, if they draft a guy like ingram, the defense has made nice improvements. if they can get a RT in the 2nd, that would also help. wr in the 3rd.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    If Haley comes aboard does that make the Jets more, or less enticing a landing spot for Bowe? He'd be a great replacement for Plax

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    I am happy with whatever choice they make as long as they go Bap on ther board.

    there is almost no shot they draft a qb this draft.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    If Haley comes aboard does that make the Jets more, or less enticing a landing spot for Bowe? He'd be a great replacement for Plax
    he's looking to get paid. he will go where the money is.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im thinking the opposite. They are going defense probably more than once. It wouldn't surprise me to see OLB in 1, ILB or S in 2 etc. Bryan Thomas leaving is probably the biggest hole on the team. Safety isn't far behind. the offense skill positions will be mid rounders again.

    Free agency will tell alot. If they sign Levi Brown and Dwayne Bowe there's no way they go offense in rd1.

    ps- I could see a long shot scenario where they take a QB like Ryan Tannehill in rd 1. If that wakes up Sanchez great they have trade bait. If not they have a real alternative.
    I'm sorry I have to disagree with everything you said. If you rebuild the offensive coaching staff, now way you spend the FIRST 3 ROUNDS ON DEFENSE. They may go defense consecutively in the middle rounds, but one of the first 2 rounds will go offense. Sparano is gonna want someone to mold and put his name behind. Also THERE IS NO SHOT IN HELL WE GO QB IN ROUND 1. NONE WHATSOEVER.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I'm sorry I have to disagree with everything you said. If you rebuild the offensive coaching staff, now way you spend the FIRST 3 ROUNDS ON DEFENSE.
    we will see. I don't know about first 3 rounds but I don't think they will force an offensive pick just because.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,411
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    With a revamped offensive staff/system, it would make sense to bring the new staff a toy in the 1st round.


    I am now almost certain we draft Trent or Michael Floyd in rd 1.
    We have 7 picks....... 4 offense, 3 defense. IMO.

    2 linemen, WR, RB

  13. #13
    OLB, RT, RB, WR, BPA rest of the way.

    Courtney Upshaw

    Levy Adcock

    Monte Ball or Lamachieal (if they are there)

    BJ Cunningham

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    OLB, RT, RB, WR, BPA rest of the way.

    Courtney Upshaw

    Levy Adcock

    Monte Ball or Lamachieal (if they are there)

    BJ Cunningham
    that's a good projection. It might not be those exact names but the position mix is fair.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we will see. I don't know about first 3 rounds but I don't think they will force an offensive pick just because.
    Well it's not like we don't have holes to fill on offense....

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,038
    If anything, the hiring of Sparano means we should be talking a lot more about David DeCastro.

    Sparano is ground and pound, through and through and he loves him some OL.

    You're telling me this guy wouldn't love to have the best interior OL prospect to come out in over a decade? There's a damn good chance that DeCastro is the best player available at #16 as well.

    I'd love to have Richardson, but it just seems like a pipedream. Don't see him falling out of the Top 10-12.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,038
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    If Haley comes aboard does that make the Jets more, or less enticing a landing spot for Bowe? He'd be a great replacement for Plax
    I don't see how we could tie up that much money in the receiver position. Especially if we're going to be a ground and pound team that only throws the ball when necessary.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If anything, the hiring of Sparano means we should be talking a lot more about David DeCastro.

    Sparano is ground and pound, through and through and he loves him some OL.

    You're telling me this guy wouldn't love to have the best interior OL prospect to come out in over a decade? There's a damn good chance that DeCastro is the best player available at #16 as well.

    I'd love to have Richardson, but it just seems like a pipedream. Don't see him falling out of the Top 10-12.
    I seriously wouldn't mind DeCastro along with a Demetrius Bell signing. Spend the rest of the draft on Defense...along with signing Landry.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,038
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I seriously wouldn't mind DeCastro along with a Demetrius Bell signing. Spend the rest of the draft on Defense...along with signing Landry.
    That's the way I'm leaning. We need to establish an identity again.

    There's no doubt that Rex wants us to revert back to our ground and pound roots. The hiring of Sparano basically solidified that.

    If we want to take the pressure off Sanchez and keep our defense fresh, then having a strong OL and running game in the only way to go.

    I'd cut Moore (which saves us roughly $3 mill), sign a solid RT like Demetrius Bell or Levi Brown, draft DeCastro and move Slauson over to RG where I think his talents are better utilized.

    LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG David DeCastro
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Matthew Slauson
    RT Demetrius Bell

    Looks pretty damn good to me.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im thinking the opposite.
    What else is new. You're an enigma buddy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us