Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cordy Glenn Interview - OG from UG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

This is a pretty deep class for DE/OLB prospects.

We could take a guy like Glenn in the 1st round and come away with someone like Vinny Curry, Jonathan Massaquoi, or Bruce Irvin in the 2nd round.
    especially with rex's ego and how he thinks he can win with any group.

and on a separate note, it's kinda laughable how the jets could even consider getting manning and not getting a good RT to protect him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    especially with rex's ego and how he thinks he can win with any group.

and on a separate note, it's kinda laughable how the jets could even consider getting manning and not getting a good RT to protect him.
    Indy had some terrible olines and the jets do not need a good Rt, they need an average passable rt if they have a qb like manning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Indy had some terrible olines and the jets do not need a good Rt, they need an average passable rt if they have a qb like manning.
    but indy also had the wrs and tes and rbs to give manning the mismatches he needed to make quick throws. the jets don't have marvin harrison, wayne or clark or edgerrin. manning wouldn't have the separation by his skilled players and he'd be constantly blitzed b/c everyone knows he's 1 hit away from retiring.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn or Adams in round 1 PLEASE

Both of them are ready now. In Adams case he's going to be a stud for us right off the bat.

No WR's who need 2-3 years to develop our window will be shut by then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Glenn or Adams in round 1 PLEASE

Both of them are ready now. In Adams case he's going to be a stud for us right off the bat.

No WR's who need 2-3 years to develop our window will be shut by then.
    i think glenn will be very good, but he's really a guard. and the jets shouldn't take a guard at 16.

barring someone dropping into their laps, this draft is looking like an impact de/olb or rt in the first round. my money is on a pass rusher in the first and an OL and rb or wr with the next 2 picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    but indy also had the wrs and tes and rbs to give manning the mismatches he needed to make quick throws. the jets don't have marvin harrison, wayne or clark or edgerrin. manning wouldn't have the separation by his skilled players and he'd be constantly blitzed b/c everyone knows he's 1 hit away from retiring.
    Indy can replace the injured Clark with Jacob Tamme and Manning makes it work...Sorry, but if that team was so loaded with skill position talent on offense they would have pulled off maybe a 3-4 win season...Everything there worked because of Manning...I don't think I've err seen a franchise rely more on the QB, and I don't think there's a QB who handled that as well as Peyton Manning, ever.

James was last a Colt what...5+ years ago easy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Indy can replace the injured Clark with Jacob Tamme and Manning makes it work...Sorry, but if that team was so loaded with skill position talent on offense they would have pulled off maybe a 3-4 win season...Everything there worked because of Manning...I don't think I've err seen a franchise rely more on the QB, and I don't think there's a QB who handled that as well as Peyton Manning, ever.

James was last a Colt what...5+ years ago easy?
    also don't underestimate how important it was for manning to play in a dome 8+ times a year.

i think he's 1 hit away from retiring. he's just not who you want for the jets right now. the jets don't have the defense to win right away even if manning is the qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    also don't underestimate how important it was for manning to play in a dome 8+ times a year.

i think he's 1 hit away from retiring. he's just not who you want for the jets right now. the jets don't have the defense to win right away even if manning is the qb.
    Anyone and everyone is one hit away...Otherwise he's everything the Jets would want and then some.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone and everyone is one hit away...Otherwise he's everything the Jets would want and then some.
    if the jets bring in manning then they're right back when they brought in farve. the tanny regime needs to end if that's the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets bring in manning then they're right back when they brought in farve. the tanny regime needs to end if that's the case.
    With Favre healthy they might have been a SB team...Not a bad spot to be....and Manning is a better QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Favre healthy they might have been a SB team...Not a bad spot to be....and Manning is a better QB.
    if the jets bring in manning, they're not building. they will have whiffed on another 1st round pick. they'll need to draft another qb in a year or two again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets bring in manning, they're not building. they will have whiffed on another 1st round pick. they'll need to draft another qb in a year or two again.
    1. Sanchez is the whiff? Meh. They're kind of making up for it when they bring in Peyton Manning...

2. Why couldn't it be 3-5 years? The guy's only 36 in an age when QBs are playing into their 40's, and he's arguably the best of them. I'd take 80% Manning...hell I'd take 75% Manning probably...

3 . Who cares if they're not building? They just grabbed one of the 3 best QBs in history! How long are they supposed to be building anyway? Isn't building usually finished when a QB emerges? Wouldn't they be able to use their picks from upcoming seasons to build around Manning with an eye on the future?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Sanchez is the whiff? Meh. They're kind of making up for it when they bring in Peyton Manning...

2. Why couldn't it be 3-5 years? The guy's only 36 in an age when QBs are playing into their 40's, and he's arguably the best of them. I'd take 80% Manning...hell I'd take 75% Manning probably...

3 . Who cares if they're not building? They just grabbed one of the 3 best QBs in history! How long are they supposed to be building anyway? Isn't building usually finished when a QB emerges? Wouldn't they be able to use their picks from upcoming seasons to build around Manning with an eye on the future?
    if you whiff on a 1st round pick, then you're not rebuilding.

if you whiff on a 2nd rounder like ducasse, you're not rebuilding.

if you whiff on the 6th pick in the draft ala gholston, you're not rebuilding.

this is why the jets keep opening pandora's box with guys like holmes. it's b/c their drafting hasn't been great.

the giants traded kurt warner to develop eli, with the hope they'd eventually surround him with nice talent and he'd be able to lead them.

the jets have no conception of how to groom a qb. the last qb they drafted and made into a starter for a few years was ken o'brien. i don't count chad, he was rarely healthy and had too many limitations.

the history of the jets since the 80s has been to bring in established qbs to compete with the giants, who typically draft their own. esiason, o'donnell, testaverde, farve, to name a few.

the problem with the current jets' regime is that they're too eager to 'cut corners' and not draft BAP to create a longer-term organizational strategy that breeds success. the steelers, giants, pats, etc, have a longer-term vision of how to build franchises thru the draft. the jets should take note. tanny is a shrewd guy. he should use the next two drafts to rebuild the o-line, pass rush and get quality TEs and safeties. if sanchez is the guy, ok. if not, draft another qb. but stop chasing these farve/manning quick fixes in attempts to steal the spotlight from the giants that do nothing but end in controversy, lost draft picks and lost hope.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the difference: Favre was HEALTHY WHEN THE JETS TRADED FOR HIM SUMMER 2008.

No one is sure, not even Peyton Manning himself, if he will ever play another snap again and even if he does he will be an eggshell. One bad hit and season is over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the difference: Favre was HEALTHY WHEN THE JETS TRADED FOR HIM SUMMER 2008.

No one is sure, not even Peyton Manning himself, if he will ever play another snap again and even if he does he will be an eggshell. One bad hit and season is over.
    if the jets bring in peyton manning, it's basically a concession that sanchez is a failure and that tanny isn't the right gm for the team. i can't imagine tanny doing this to his career, his reputation isn't that stellar and he may never get a gm gig again.

the best thing he could do, which is both in his and the jets' best interests, is to restock the team so that either sanchez or another qb can succeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the jets bring in peyton manning, it's basically a concession that sanchez is a failure and that tanny isn't the right gm for the team. i can't imagine tanny doing this to his career, his reputation isn't that stellar and he may never get a gm gig again.

the best thing he could do, which is both in his and the jets' best interests, is to restock the team so that either sanchez or another qb can succeed.
    I agree. This Peyton Manning garbage is asinine. One bad hit and his and the Jets season are over. Been there. Done that about 20X already with Jet QB's having season-enders. My closet is stocked with the t-shirts.

Tanny: Just say no to noodle-neck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. This Peyton Manning garbage is asinine. One bad hit and his and the Jets season are over. Been there. Done that about 20X already with Jet QB's having season-enders. My closet is stocked with the t-shirts.

Tanny: Just say no to noodle-neck.
    tanny keeps talking about sustaining success through the draft. i think he's been torn between keeping all his picks and not making a splash and cutting corners to try to 'get a big ladder' in an nfl version of chutes and ladders.

ingram, upshaw, adams, etc. just draft someone good, don't burn picks, cut the dead wood and stockpile talent. and use FBs and TEs who can catch as well as block. it's not fair to sanchez to have greene, connor and mulligan out there at the same time on a pass play. the good teams use guys who can catch and get 6 yards. i happen to think this is a big reason for sanchez's struggles. on any given play he's got 2 or 3 legit targets. they need to use mcknight and kerley more, get another TE. sanchez needs options and a good RT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    tanny keeps talking about sustaining success through the draft. i think he's been torn between keeping all his picks and not making a splash and cutting corners to try to 'get a big ladder' in an nfl version of chutes and ladders.

ingram, upshaw, adams, etc. just draft someone good, don't burn picks, cut the dead wood and stockpile talent. and use FBs and TEs who can catch as well as block. it's not fair to sanchez to have greene, connor and mulligan out there at the same time on a pass play. the good teams use guys who can catch and get 6 yards. i happen to think this is a big reason for sanchez's struggles. on any given play he's got 2 or 3 legit targets. they need to use mcknight and kerley more, get another TE. sanchez needs options and a good RT.
    I don't think there's a need to trade up unless it looks for certain Mike Adams won't make it to us. There really isn't anyone that great in this draft outside of Luck at 1 and he's a Colt already. Keep the picks and just try to make the best selection. It will work out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there's a need to trade up unless it looks for certain Mike Adams won't make it to us. There really isn't anyone that great in this draft outside of Luck at 1 and he's a Colt already. Keep the picks and just try to make the best selection. It will work out.
    i didn't say trade up. i meant that whoever they take, just take good players and keep your picks.