Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama plays the race card, already?!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Obama plays the race card, already?!

[url]http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/01/10/obama-plays-race-card/[/url]

[QUOTE]Obama Plays the Race Card
    by Keith Koffler on January 10, 2012, 10:55 am

At a Washington fundraiser Monday night, President Obama subtly played the race card, suggesting that Republican presidential candidates would deny people opportunity based on the color of their skin.

Here’s what the president said during the event before what a press pool reporter described as “an enthusiastic crowd of young supporters in ballroom of Capital Hilton Hotel.”

Everything we fought for during the last election is at stake in this election. The very core of what this country stands for is on the line — the basic promise that no matter what you look like, no matter where you come from, this is a place where you could make it if you try. The notion that we’re all in this together, that we look out for one another — that’s at stake in this election. Don’t take my word for it. Watch some of these debates that have been going on up in New Hampshire.

The phrase “no matter what you look like” is a clear reference to race. Obama is indicating that if he loses the election, opportunity for those who are a certain color or ethnicity will be denied. He completes the thought by pointing to the debates in New Hampshire, associating the Republican candidates with the possibility of racial or ethnic discrimination.

This is not the first time Obama has used such a formulation. In remarks Oct. 12 to a group of Latinos, Obama said:

I believe America should be a place where you can always make it if you try; a place where every child, no matter what they look like, where they come from, should have a chance to succeed . . . I still believe in that America. I believe we can be that America again.

The implication here is that under George W. Bush, America became less of a place where one could make it “no matter what they look like.”

Michelle Obama, during an October fundraiser, also suggested Republican victory would lead to discrimination.

Will we be a country where opportunity is limited to just the few at the top? Or will we give every child — every child — a chance to succeed, no matter where she’s from, or what she looks like, or how much money her parents are? Who are we? That’s what’s at stake here.

Obama’s comments Monday night are the latest sign that race, which Obama – much to his credit – and others were successful in minimizing as an issue in 2008, will become an unfortunate part of the 2012 campaign.

Some, including the Wall Street Journal, have accused Attorney General Eric Holder of practicing racial politics by attacking state voter ID laws as harmful to minorities. New York Times editorial page editor Andrew Rosenthal last week ascribed racial motivations to political attacks by Republicans against Obama. Rosenthal and others have suggested that Republican candidates are sinisterly using code words for race in their remarks.[/QUOTE]Nice job to get this out early by the POTUS!! Political genius. Of course shows the depth of his lack of ethics and sincerity, but that isn' newsworthy

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow.

Talk about something out of nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's gotta play this card; he's got nothing else.

The economy, foreign policy, unemployment: he's got the equivalent of pair of 3s, a K, a 7, and a 9 of mixed suits.

It's only going to get worse folks.

As I've said before, these @ssholes aren't going to play just the race card, they're going to play the whole damn deck.....

oh Lord when will this oppression of White People end? WHEN?!

Jets Insider VIP
    We should discuss this issue at Rick Perry's camp. Such a nice place.

Thats the strategy race card,class warfare and point the finger at everybody but Obama.

Sad what a poor leader he has turned out to be.

Belafonte on Obama: He Doesn’t Deserve a Second Term, Lacks ‘Moral Compass’

[url]http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/hollywoodland/2012/01/10/belafonte-on-obama-he-doesnt-deserve-a-second-term-lacks-moral-compass/[/url]

The GOP should win this easily, right????????????????

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4324762]oh Lord when will this oppression of White People end? WHEN?![/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the liberal mind rears its ironic, ignorant head once again.

Your little "joke" above is nothing short of pure racism, plain and simple. Because you are unable to see that, does not make it untrue.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4324810]Ah yes, the liberal mind rears its ironic, ignorant head once again.

Your little "joke" above is nothing short of pure racism, plain and simple. Because you are unable to see that, does not make it untrue.[/QUOTE]

Tell us oh smart one........:rolleyes: You're our only hope!

[IMG]http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/obi-wan_kenobi.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by cr726; 01-11-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: JetPotato is a genius

[QUOTE=bitonti;4324762]oh Lord when will this oppression of White People end? WHEN?![/QUOTE]

Black Panthers carrying billy clubs and intimidating whites from voting = Ok

Requiring people to show ID in order to vote = Racism.

Only in the minds of the looney liberal f*cktards......

[QUOTE=cr726;4324823]Tell us oh smart one........:rolleyes: You're are only hope![/QUOTE]

So reverse racism is applicable in today's society?

Because by shrugging it off, making jokes about it, etc... You're condoning it.

You support it. But it's okay because whites are only oppressed in the modern day term, not the whips and chains term...

That example was a bit subtle to really be calling Obama out on it. There are much more blatant examples out there and certainly forthcoming from this president.

More odd is the entire paragraph.

[I]Everything we fought for during the last election is at stake in this election. The very core of what this country stands for is on the line — the basic promise that no matter what you look like, no matter where you come from, this is a place where you could make it if you try. The notion that we’re all in this together, that we look out for one another — that’s at stake in this election. Don’t take my word for it. Watch some of these debates that have been going on up in New Hampshire[/I]

This is exactly what his rhetoric and policies are AGAINST. Obama goes around promoting class warfare, us versus them, etc. Then gives a speech stating that he for the exact opposite.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4324823]Tell us oh smart one........:rolleyes: You're are only hope!

[IMG]http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/obi-wan_kenobi.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

No, "you're are" smart one.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4324838]So reverse racism is applicable in today's society?

You support it. But it's okay because whites are only oppressed in the modern day term, not the whips and chains term...[/QUOTE]

It shows the GOP is desperate and is grasping for straws, there are legit issues and then there is bs, this is simply bs.

The GOP is in prime position to put a R in the WH and yet look at what they have done, it's sad and it isn't good for America. Now is the time when we need a good Presidential race, but we aren't going to get it.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4324850]No, "you're are" smart one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks typo police, shouldn't you be busy managing? ;)

Jets Insider VIP

Meh. Give the GOPers some credit. They're not used to campaigning very well as this is what has consisted of their politicking during the past 6 months while they've been busy fighting each other:

[IMG]http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cat-fight8-jwoww.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4324810]Ah yes, the liberal mind rears its ironic, ignorant head once again.

Your little "joke" above is nothing short of pure racism, plain and simple. Because you are unable to see that, does not make it untrue.[/QUOTE]

it's truly terrible what White People have to bear in 2012. It's a damn damn shame.

I mean it wasn't too long ago Black People were getting strung up from trees, shot with fire hoses, attacked by German Sheppards.

And now White People have to deal with comments from the Black President. He IMPLIES things! terrible things!

COMMENTS! Snide words. It's just so awful. I want to cry for the plight of White People. I don't know how I get up in the morning, with all the challenges I have to face of being a white person. Just knowing those nasty race cards are out there waiting to be played. It's just so bad.

Jet Potato Maybe you should write the Uncle Toms Cabin for White people. Tell the world of our plight Potato!

[QUOTE=cr726;4324852]It shows the GOP is desperate and is grasping for straws, there are legit issues and then there is bs, this is simply bs.

The GOP is in prime position to put a R in the WH and yet look at what they have done, it's sad and it isn't good for America. Now is the time when we need a good Presidential race, but we aren't going to get it.[/QUOTE]

Why aren't we?

What has Mitt done other than say he's running against Obama, what Obama has done and what Mitt plans to do when in office...

What you'll get from Obama is 'well you see what Congress has done, Mitt is just more of the same'...

lolz...

You're so blinded by partisanship that you can't seem to say a single negative thing about your party...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4324838]So reverse racism is applicable in today's society?

You support it. But it's okay because whites are only oppressed in the modern day term, not the whips and chains term...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4324867]it's truly terrible what White People have to bear in 2012. It's a damn damn shame.

I mean it wasn't too long ago Black People were getting strung up from trees, shot with fire hoses, attacked by German Sheppards.

And now White People have to deal with comments from the Black President. He IMPLIES things! terrible things!

COMMENTS! Snide words. It's just so awful. I want to cry for the plight of White People. I don't know how I get up in the morning, with all the challenges I have to face of being a white person. Just knowing those nasty race cards are out there waiting to be played. It's just so bad.

Jet Potato Maybe you should write the Uncle Toms Cabin for White people. Tell the world of our plight Potato![/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I said, before he said it...

Notice the predictability? For shame... :rotfl: