Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Obama plays the race card, already?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328194] GOP used to nominate elder experienced statesmen and the Dems would find the young hot name.[/QUOTE]

Used to ??

You just defined the 2008 candidates exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328203]Used to ??

You just defined the 2008 candidates exactly.[/QUOTE]

Sure if you want to ignore the VP they chose, you would of had a point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328301]Sure if you want to ignore the VP they chose, you would of had a point.[/QUOTE]

So the choice of Sara Palin negates the statesmanship of John McCain ...

but the choice of Joe Biden reinforces the hotness of Barack Obama ?? :rolleyes:

What is your point again ?? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328319]So the choice of Sara Palin negates the statesmanship of John McCain ...

but the choice of Joe Biden reinforces the hotness of Barack Obama ?? :rolleyes:

What is your point again ?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Why do you constantly try to put words in my mouth? Dems have always been guilty of looking for the hot name, but back to my point, Palin absolutely blows the statesmanship out of McCain. McCain was passed over by Rove and the boys when he mattered and then McCain being the desperate man to become Pres (last shot) he listened to the Rove types and brought Palin (embarrassment).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328336]Why do you constantly try to put words in my mouth? Dems have always been guilty of looking for the hot name, but back to my point, Palin absolutely blows the statesmanship out of McCain. McCain was passed over by Rove and the boys when he mattered and then McCain being the desperate man to become Pres (last shot) he listened to the Rove types and brought Palin (embarrassment).[/QUOTE]

I didn't put words in your mouth..
    I used YOUR WORDS (note the bolded quote below).

You said: [B]"GOP used to nominate elder experienced statesmen"[/B]...

and when your point is proven wrong in just the very last time your point was tested...

You divert your argument by dusting off the Sara Palin boogeyman to suddenly include VPs in hopes of making your point...

but just as suddenly you ignore Joe Biden because he directly refutes your point.

I bet you never lose an argument with yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328386]I didn't put words in your mouth..
    I used YOUR WORDS (note the bolded quote below).

You said: [B]"GOP used to nominate elder experienced statesmen"[/B]...

and when your point is proven wrong in just the very last time your point was tested...

You divert your argument by dusting off the Sara Palin boogeyman to suddenly include VPs in hopes of making your point...

but just as suddenly you ignore Joe Biden because he directly refutes your point.

I bet you never lose an argument with yourself.[/QUOTE]

McCain was passed over for who again? Remember when he mattered and it wasn't 2008, he listened to Rove and the players, what statemen would do that again? I am not arguing what the Dems do, I don't agree with them either, but hanging your hat on McCain in 2008 isn't going to win any arguments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328402][B]McCain was passed over for who again? [/B]

Remember when he mattered and it wasn't 2008, he listened to Rove and the players, what statemen would do that again? I am not arguing what the Dems do, I don't agree with them either, but hanging your hat on McCain in 2008 isn't going to win any arguments.[/QUOTE]

So McCain was an elder statesman in 2000 when he was passed over for Bush 43..

But 8 years later..when McCain was 8 years more elderly with 8 years more experience.... he suddenly was no longer elderly statesman.

Is that your argument ??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328420]So McCain was an elder statesman in 2000 when he was passed over for Bush 43..

But 8 years later..when McCain was 8 years more elderly with 8 years more experience.... he suddenly was no longer elderly statesman.

Is that your argument ??[/QUOTE]

You want to argue he was the same candidate 8 years later, feel free.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328431]You want to argue he was the same candidate 8 years later, feel free.[/QUOTE]

Of course candidates change over time...
    But make no mistake..John McCain, the 2000 maverick..ran on his experience in Government and in Foreign Affairs against Bush Jr. in 2000.
    Didn't win..doesn't mean he didn't try.

But your premise of "elderly statesman vs. hot candidate" is flawed anyway.

From 1960 on..
    For non-incumbent Democrats..
    JFK, McGovern, Carter, Clinton and Obama all ran as the fresh, new, hot outside candidate

Humphrey, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry all ran on their experience.

For the GOP..
    Goldwater, Reagan and Bush Jr all ran as outsiders while Nixon, Dole, Bush Sr, and McCain all ran as experienced candidates.

Please try to respond without a mention/inference to Karl Rove and Sarah Palin..
    Thanks in advance ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328497]Of course candidates change over time...
    But make no mistake..John McCain, the 2000 maverick..ran on his experience in Government and in Foreign Affairs against Bush Jr. in 2000.

From 1960 on..
    JFK, McGovern, Carter, Clinton and Obama all ran as the fresh, new, hot outside candidate

For the GOP..
    Goldwater, Reagan and Bush Jr all ran as outsiders while Nixon, Dole, Bush Sr, and McCain all ran as experienced candidates.

Please try to respond without a mention/inference to Karl Rove and Sarah Palin..
    Thanks in advance ;)[/QUOTE]

Like trying to get a fish to fly.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328497]Of course candidates change over time...

From 1960 on..

For the GOP..

Thanks in advance ;)[/QUOTE]

Goldwater was an outsider? Bush Jr. was the son of a past President and you want to consider him an outsider too? Goldwater was def the party's elder stateman. Bush Jr. has set your party back and now you are dealing with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4328512]Like trying to get a fish to fly.....[/QUOTE]

Great post! Comedy from a CPA.......:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...since you didn't bother to reply to the rebuttal of your Democratic Party stereotype..I'll assume you've given up on that.

As for the GOP argument you are making...

[QUOTE=cr726;4328596]Goldwater was an outsider? [/quote]

Clearly...ask Nelson Rockefeller or Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr.

[QUOTE=cr726;4328596]Bush Jr. was the son of a past President and you want to consider him an outsider too? [/quote]

I am trying to follow YOUR words...
    Apparently you think 54 year old W was a Republican Party Elder Statesman.
    I, and the rest of America, disagree with you.

[QUOTE=cr726;4328596]Goldwater was def the party's elder stateman. [/quote]

You are embarrassingly misinformed on GOP history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    :zzz: You can turn this around anyway you want, GW was the hot name and they threw Mcain (statesman at the time)aside for him.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;4328658]Ok...since you didn't bother to reply to the rebuttal of your Democratic Party stereotype..I'll assume you've given up on that.

As for the GOP argument you are making...

Clearly...ask Nelson Rockefeller or Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr.

I am trying to follow YOUR words...
    Apparently you think 54 year old W was a Republican Party Elder Statesman.
    I, and the rest of America, disagree with you.

You are embarrassingly misinformed on GOP history.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328976]:zzz: You can turn this around anyway you want, GW was the hot name and they threw Mcain (statesman at the time)aside for him.[/QUOTE]

We started with you saying this:

[QUOTE]"GOP used to nominate elder experienced statesmen and the Dems would find the young hot name."[/QUOTE]

So after I took you thru the last 13 Presidential elections and showed you were wrong about Democratic nominees and the background of Barry Goldwater among others...

We are back where we began...the elder statesman who was denied the nomination in 2000 was the more elder statesman who won the nomination in 2008.

Like I said...what was your point ??

Here..I'll save you a reply...
    Have a good weekend. :yes:

Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin...Karl Rove...Sarah Palin

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4328074]Bush 1 was the last groomed and distinguished GOP candidate, Rove ended that and now we have what we do now.[/QUOTE]

This was my first post.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Phoenix, we have a rule about picking on the less able. Please play nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4329060]Phoenix, we have a rule about picking on the less able. Please play nice.[/QUOTE]

Wow, another great post. :zzz: