Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Knock it off..You are smarter than this...There is too..He might not get a 1st..but we all know some team would offer up a 3rd or 4th...
    Cro was a 2nd. Randy Moss in his prime got a 3rd. Holmes got a 5th. these are all pros or pro bowlers.

you guys are over estimating Mark's value and what teams are willing to pay in the trade market.

also remember trading for a guy means he keeps his current contract or gets a new one. What team is gonna pay mark 10 million dollars? or give him a raise?

besides the Jets of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Cro was a 2nd. Randy Moss in his prime got a 3rd. Holmes got a 5th. these are all pros or pro bowlers.

you guys are over estimating Mark's value and what teams are willing to pay in the trade market.

also remember trading for a guy means he keeps his current contract or gets a new one. What team is gonna pay mark 10 million dollars? or give him a raise?

So no team would trade for Sanchez? No team?

You are smarter than this

there is no trade marto ket for Mark Sanchez
    Sad, but true. Right now, I think Eric Smith would command more on the market than Sanchez. Saw a recent mock that had Tanneyhill from A&M going 6th to Washington. What do you think of him? Seen him multiple times, and think he's pretty good. Where do you see him in the draft, and do you see him as a good pro?

This is right.

So no team would trade for Sanchez? No team?

You are smarter than this
    honestly ...not with his current deal.

if he was cut and they could price him fairly there would be interest. Holmes and Cro for example were still on their (late 1st round) rookie deals and that helps the trade value.

no one is going to give a draft pick for the right to pay Mark 11 million dollars in 2012. ripping up his current deal means committing to him for another 5 years. Who is gonna do that?

I dont think that's an outlandish statement.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sad, but true. Right now, I think Eric Smith would command more on the market than Sanchez. Saw a recent mock that had Tanneyhill from A&M going 6th to Washington. What do you think of him? Seen him multiple times, and think he's pretty good. Where do you see him in the draft, and do you see him as a good pro?
    I really like Tannehill but he also had to pull out of the Senior Bowl with a "significant" foot injury. So i dont know what his status is right now. If he was healthy and had a great week in Mobile, could have been a mid 1st or even higher. I don't know if that's still the case.

honestly ...not with his current deal.

if he was cut and they could price him fairly there would be interest. Holmes and Cro for example were still on their (late 1st round) rookie deals and that helps the trade value.

no one is going to give a draft pick for the right to pay Mark 11 million dollars in 2012. ripping up his current deal means committing to him for another 5 years. Who is gonna do that?

I dont think that's an outlandish statement.
    If a team wanted him and the Jets wanted to deal him they would find a way to get it done..jmo

If a team wanted him and the Jets wanted to deal him they would find a way to get it done..jmo
    Sure, IF a team wanted him - but no team would want his salary.

It's not like Sanchez will take a pay cut just to be a nice guy.

As I've stated before, if the Jets were willing to give him away for nothing - as long as team took his full salary - you would have no takers.

Jets might be able to get some value for him if they were willing to eat a good portion of his contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    it has nothing to do with fantasy football...........in todays nfl the way qb's are coddled and being a passing league sometimes all you need is to give a guy a chance. Of course it is not helpful speculation cause i do not think like all the other lemmings out their I tend to think more like billy beane in moneyball and look for anwsers where other people do not. Everyone is acting like we could not find another QB if anything happens to sanchez.............
    Ok I get your drift, your answer is we can look for JAG at the QB position(i.e. give a guy a chance) who in their third year will set Jets franchise records for TDs thrown etc...

I respectfully disagree.

I think what you propose is fantasy football. The NFL is not baseball!!!

You see in baseball if you can hit a ball you can hit a ball it doesn't matter what team you are on though the stadium will have some effect.

NFL football is different.

IMO football is an interlocking game of interdependant relationships which means that if your OL doesn't give you time and the proper windows through which to throw, or your WRs don't run their routes aggressively you will not be a succcessful QB.

This is why one key player on a team can have a devestating impact on the teams overall effectiveness. While this is true in all team sports it is especially true in football.

See I have actually watched Jets football for over four decades and I can say without hesitation that Sanchez is one of the BEST Jets QBs based on his current developmental stage that the Jets have ever had.

But I am sure that you would be happy if we got Bollinger back cause it is so easy to find QBs by using moneyball to run an NFL team.

As for all of the young QB guns currently in the NFL only Cameron has shown to me that he is better than Sanchez. I know all about Stafford while outstanding, I love the guy, he has Megatron who Stafford will without hesitation throw into tripple coverage to get a completion.

Sanchez has no such luxury...

We will see and if I am wrong I will certainly come out and admit it. I just hope that all of Sanchez's many detractors will have the guts to vow to do the same.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-12-2012 at 09:54 AM.

For the record, I'm not in favor of trading Sanchez.

I'm not sure he's worth a first but really I think his value is pretty subjective at this point.

What does everything think his value actually IS?

I think if we got a first (depending on where), for example a top 10 pick, we would have to send Sanchez and a 4th or a future 3rd.

If it was later round first I believe we could trade Sanchez and a 5th.

Thoughts on this?

Jets Fans are nutzzzz! SANCHEZ is the QB of the Jets in 2012. PERIOD!. They'll bring in a quality back -up (hopefully) to push him. And if Sanchez sucks, then to replace him. Orton? Campbell?

Sanchez is NOT being traded. He also helped win 4 playoff road games! My God. Who do you want Cassell!

When was the last time a team traded a young starting QB?

The only instance I can think of is Denver trading Cutler. I don't think anyone believes Denver is better off in the long run for having traded Cutler. Despite Tebow's win/loss success Denver has serious QB issues going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Jets Fans are nutzzzz! SANCHEZ is the QB of the Jets in 2012. PERIOD!. They'll bring in a quality back -up (hopefully) to push him. And if Sanchez sucks, then to replace him. Orton? Campbell?

Sanchez is NOT being traded. He also helped win 4 playoff road games! My God. Who do you want Cassell!
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    When was the last time a team traded a young starting QB?

The only instance I can think of is Denver trading Cutler. I don't think anyone believes Denver is better off in the long run for having traded Cutler. Despite Tebow's win/loss success Denver has serious QB issues going forward.
    I agree with this. And even w/ all the Peyton mania in the media, Sanchez I believe will be on the roster next year. If they sign Peyton I'd love for the Jets to rework Sanchez's contract and let him sit behind Peyton for a couple years. Then he can re-enter the starting role when his contract is up. Could do wonders for the kid.

This way they could say, "well Peyton was available so we had to grab him, it's no knock on Sanchez" all the while keeping Sanchez on the roster and taking a step back w/ him.

At this point the only way I hate the Jets acquiring Manning is if they also part ways with Sanchez.

If a team wanted him
    no one wants him at his current rate.

besides, who wants a QB who led the league in turnovers?

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    facepalm

would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?
    No. No chance. No.

Nor should we offer such a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    none? He would get a 3rd. What a ****ing dumb thing to say.
    I think you're missing the point, or not looking at the whole picture. If he wasn't due sooo much money there likely would be a market for him, possibly a 3rd.

The reality is he's making too much money and after last season NO ONE is going to give up draft picks to deeply over pay for what he might be.

Jets Insider VIP
    it has nothing to do with fantasy football...........in todays nfl the way qb's are coddled and being a passing league sometimes all you need is to give a guy a chance. Of course it is not helpful speculation cause i do not think like all the other lemmings out their I tend to think more like billy beane in moneyball and look for anwsers where other people do not. Everyone is acting like we could not find another QB if anything happens to sanchez.............
    Who do you suggest to replace him? Specifics please....

Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    yeah, I heard somewhere that he's lazy.
    And that he has smelly feet like your sig.