Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    If Josh Freeman jumped off a bridge, would Mark Sanchez too? What are you trying to prove? There are other QB's as bad as Mark Sanchez? Yes thanks for pointing that out.


    Very original, for a 2 year old......Point out again for me how Gholston caught Chris Johnson from behind.....





    You practically wet your pants for guy who did absolutely nothing as a Jet and defended him to the hilt.....
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 01-13-2012 at 01:19 PM.

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Carol did not thinkk Sanchez was ready in the first place, he is not paying a dime, as for the skins, do not feel they will.

    no team is going to pay high dollor (first or second round pick) for a QB with multiple question marks hanging over his head.
    Thinking he wasn't ready, if he really did feel that way doesn't mean he thinks he can't play or that he wouldn't want him.

    As for the Skins, how would you or anyone else have a clue as to what they want or what they're willing to give up?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thinking he wasn't ready, if he really did feel that way doesn't mean he thinks he can't play or that he wouldn't want him.

    As for the Skins, how would you or anyone else have a clue as to what they want or what they're willing to give up?
    I just can't help but think if Carrol really wanted one of his old QBs, he would have gotten Leinard on the cheap last year. Pete was way higher on Matt then he was Sanchez and that didn't happen. Why on earth would he give up draft picks for a guy he wasn't as successful with?

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just can't help but think if Carrol really wanted one of his old QBs, he would have gotten Leinard on the cheap last year. Pete was way higher on Matt then he was Sanchez and that didn't happen. Why on earth would he give up draft picks for a guy he wasn't as successful with?
    Because you don't have a single clue as to what he really thinks either projects as a NFL QB. What success either had as QBs of completely different USC teams means nothing. There are plenty of college QBS who perform in college and don't project as NFL QBs. If he doesn't like Leinart as a NFL, what does that have to do with Sanchez?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-13-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post


    You practically wet your pants for guy who did absolutely nothing as a Jet and defended him to the hilt.....
    in year 1 and 2. by year 3 he was cut.

    How many years will the Jets give Sanchez?

    Look don't be mad at me just cause you bought his jersey. Next time buy a retired player like Namath he won't switch teams on you.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post


    This isn't FANTASY FOOTBALL where you just plug players in like mindless zombies to do the bidding of their controler masters!!!!

    Good Grief!!!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    in year 1 and 2. by year 3 he was cut.

    How many years will the Jets give Sanchez?

    Look don't be mad at me just cause you bought his jersey. Next time buy a retired player like Namath he won't switch teams on you.


    You know something, you used to be a decent poster....Now you resort to sophmoric platitudes like this....

    For the record i have never owned any mans Jersey, not my style to wear another mans name on my back but thanks for playing.....

    When the Jets get a better QB than Sanchez i will support who ever that is, until then no need to tear the kid down or give up on him after 3 years in my view....

    Give me a better alternative, i do not live or die by any one player.....

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    The team that would make the most sense for Sanchez is the Niners.

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    in year 1 and 2. by year 3 he was cut.

    How many years will the Jets give Sanchez?

    Look don't be mad at me just cause you bought his jersey. Next time buy a retired player like Namath he won't switch teams on you.
    Watching and laughing.

    But when you come back and compare Gholstons stay here to Sanchez's you sound even goofier than before. Sanchez is more or less where a QB with only 3 years exp should be expected to be. No matter how little patience fans and media may be. The 4 playoff wins and 2 trips to the AFCCCs are bonuses that he gets credit for. The comeback wins are to his credit.

    Gholston on the other hand accomplished nothing and contributed nothing here.

    NOTHING.

    And on top of that, you blame the Jets and the FO/CS for his ridiculously poor performances.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.

  10. #70
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    No and No.

    0 chance anyone offers us that much for him. 2nd rounder at best. Caroll wouldn't even pick up Leinard on the cheap and he liked him more. I wouldn't say anyone loved him in that draft but us. We traded up for very little no one else was really looking to do that. Still mad we didn't take Crabby. That would have saved us a world of heart ache.
    That's what I was clamoring for as well.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because you don't have a single clue as to what he really thinks either projects as a NFL QB. What success either had as QBs of completely different USC teams means nothing. There are plenty of college QBS who perform in college and don't project as NFL QBs. If he doesn't like Leinart as a NFL, what does that have to do with Sanchez?
    Agree 100%

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because you don't have a single clue as to what he really thinks either projects as a NFL QB. What success either had as QBs of completely different USC teams means nothing. There are plenty of college QBS who perform in college and don't project as NFL QBs. If he doesn't like Leinart as a NFL, what does that have to do with Sanchez?
    This is not the draft we are talking here it would be 2 failed pro QBs here. You honestly think a coach would pass on one failed QB but not anther at a higher price? Why? because he is familiar with him? He was familiar with Leinard too and yes he did like him coming out of college. Praised him a lot and it wasn't just a short sell. He obviously thought a lot of his ability. But people seem to think he is dumb enough to dish out a 1st for anther QB that yet anther team has given up on. I'm just not buying, he isn't that stupid.

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This is not the draft we are talking here it would be 2 failed pro QBs here. You honestly think a coach would pass on one failed QB but not anther at a higher price? Why? because he is familiar with him? He was familiar with Leinard too and yes he did like him coming out of college. Praised him a lot and it wasn't just a short sell. He obviously thought a lot of his ability. But people seem to think he is dumb enough to dish out a 1st for anther QB that yet anther team has given up on. I'm just not buying, he isn't that stupid.
    first one does not have to be stupid if they really think they want to improve or they want certain things. I am not saying he does it was just specualtion as to two teams that desp need a QB and when has snyder ever overpayed for something or someone he loves Second thing is if carrol wants to reunite with sanchez i could see him offering a higher value sanchez went to 2 afc championship games his o-coordinator is all over the news as being the one to blame and his wr's quit on him on national tv i could easily see carrol saying it is not sanchez's fault, and he is younger plus leinhart failed to win starting jobs. Do not say crazy trades are not proposed in the nfl see mangini.................
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 01-13-2012 at 09:28 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The team that would make the most sense for Sanchez is the Niners.
    unless jacksonville is really planning on going to LA

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    unless jacksonville is really planning on going to LA
    They drafted a franchise Qb,lol/Why would they want Mark.

  16. #76
    Seahawks might work because of pete carol use to coach Mark.

  17. #77
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The team that would make the most sense for Sanchez is the Niners.
    You're kidding right? It looks like Alex Smith is coming into his own(finally). Most franchises wouldn't give their QB's the time Alex Smith has had though.

  18. #78
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by LastGame View Post
    Seahawks might work because of pete carol use to coach Mark.
    Seattle doesn't want Sanchez; if Tannehill is available around when they pick, that's probably who they'll get. Either that or a later round QB like Osweiller, Foles, Cousins or Weeden.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us