Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    From what I remember the skins and snyder loooooved sanchez, I doubt they want to go with grossman again next year.

Pete must realize tavarius jackson is not the anwser and i am sure would love a reunion.

Thoughts?

I think both teams would seriously consider it and are willing to overlook the INT's and say it was not their system.
    I wouldn't trade Sanchez away if they were offering 2 1st round picks. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, and we already have ours.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I wouldn't trade Sanchez away if they were offering 2 1st round picks. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, and we already have ours.
    um... ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No and No.

0 chance anyone offers us that much for him. 2nd rounder at best. Caroll wouldn't even pick up Leinard on the cheap and he liked him more. I wouldn't say anyone loved him in that draft but us. We traded up for very little no one else was really looking to do that. Still mad we didn't take Crabby. That would have saved us a world of heart ache.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    um... ok.
    well you gotta admire his enthusiasm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And ridiculous things like this is why we have extremes on the board from normally sane posters. I think he has the potential to MAYBE be a franchise QB. But it is not the sure bet you make it out to be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one wants him at his current rate.

besides, who wants a QB who led the league in turnovers?

Who wants Josh Freeman ?.....22 INT....5 FL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The Irony of this post is so immense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    If either team thought Sanchez could be had for a 3rd or 4th rounder they would be all over it.
    Orton last year could not command a 4th rd pick. 4th or 5th rd pickl

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Who wants Josh Freeman ?.....22 INT....5 FL
    people bring up Josh Freeman and Matt Ryan

that shouldn't make us feel better.

its like telling your parents "hey I'm failing English but so is the next door neighbor. "

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ok I get your drift, your answer is we can look for JAG at the QB position(i.e. give a guy a chance) who in their third year will set Jets franchise records for TDs thrown etc...

I respectfully disagree.

I think what you propose is fantasy football. The NFL is not baseball!!!

You see in baseball if you can hit a ball you can hit a ball it doesn't matter what team you are on though the stadium will have some effect.

NFL football is different.

IMO football is an interlocking game of interdependant relationships which means that if your OL doesn't give you time and the proper windows through which to throw, or your WRs don't run their routes aggressively you will not be a succcessful QB.

This is why one key player on a team can have a devestating impact on the teams overall effectiveness. While this is true in all team sports it is especially true in football.

See I have actually watched Jets football for over four decades and I can say without hesitation that Sanchez is one of the BEST Jets QBs based on his current developmental stage that the Jets have ever had.

But I am sure that you would be happy if we got Bollinger back cause it is so easy to find QBs by using moneyball to run an NFL team.

As for all of the young QB guns currently in the NFL only Cameron has shown to me that he is better than Sanchez. I know all about Stafford while outstanding, I love the guy, he has Megatron who Stafford will without hesitation throw into tripple coverage to get a completion.

Sanchez has no such luxury...

We will see and if I am wrong I will certainly come out and admit it. I just hope that all of Sanchez's many detractors will have the guts to vow to do the same.
    newton,dalton,flynn,cassel,moore,tebow,yates,smith ,orton and i am sure many others all say hi could get this team 8 wins or more so how much worse are they than sanchez? We are not trying to replace brady or brees here it is sanchez while I do like sanchez I believe he has alot of david carr in him. I just see the nfl changing and Qb's not needing a season or two to start............jmo I think it is a league that coddles QB's to much thus even jags can turn into something more or at least hold the fort.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 01-13-2012 at 05:21 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

its like telling your parents "hey I'm failing English but so is the next door neighbor. "
    More like.. Im getting Cs but the class average is C.
    IE: All of the young QBs not named Stafford, none of them have done much to distinguish themselves

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I remember the skins and snyder loooooved sanchez, I doubt they want to go with grossman again next year.

Pete must realize tavarius jackson is not the anwser and i am sure would love a reunion.

Thoughts?

I think both teams would seriously consider it and are willing to overlook the INT's and say it was not their system.
    I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez. The Front Office had just as bad a year as he did.

The Oline was not good.
    No speed at receiver.
    Questionable running attack.

We now have new offensive coaching, hopefully they will also upgrade the talent around him on the field.
    Mark must get another year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

Haven't read the rest of the posts but it is sheer fantasy to suggest that any team would give up a first for Sanchez at this point. A second also would be unlikely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the highest you'd get would be a 3rd.

But I don't think Shanahan would want him and Carroll's ego is massive.

With that being said, I do believe he's being shopped quietly, but it's not likely anybody will want him with that pre-new-CBA massive rookie contract.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Just pointing out your statement was false......

Did it make you feel better to grossly carry the torch for guys like Drob and Gholston?
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 01-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who would even give up a 4th for Sanchez at this point, much less a 1st?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just pointing out your statement was false......
    ok so Freeman had 27 turnovers, Mark had 26. Big damn deal. They both were awful at ball security.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so Freeman had 27 turnovers, Mark had 26. Big damn deal. They both were awful at ball security.

Sanchez also had 12 more TDS than Freeman, big damn deal!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez also had 12 more TDS than Freeman, big damn deal!
    If Josh Freeman jumped off a bridge, would Mark Sanchez too? What are you trying to prove? There are other QB's as bad as Mark Sanchez? Yes thanks for pointing that out.