Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?

All Pro

would skins or seahawks give up a 1st for sanchez?

From what I remember the skins and snyder loooooved sanchez, I doubt they want to go with grossman again next year.

Pete must realize tavarius jackson is not the anwser and i am sure would love a reunion.

Thoughts?

I think both teams would seriously consider it and are willing to overlook the INT's and say it was not their system.

Veteran
    Carol did not thinkk Sanchez was ready in the first place, he is not paying a dime, as for the skins, do not feel they will.

no team is going to pay high dollor (first or second round pick) for a QB with multiple question marks hanging over his head.

All Pro
    Skins could have a shot in the draft at RG III. I can't see them trading their 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    OP like this are actually not even helpful speculation!!!

Say we trade Sanchez who is the QB of our team?

WHO??????

Do we draft a new QB well guess what we have another three to four year cycle of finding out whether that player can lead the successfully lead the team.

This isn't FANTASY FOOTBALL where you just plug players in like mindless zombies to do the bidding of their controler masters!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Carol did not thinkk Sanchez was ready in the first place, he is not paying a dime, as for the skins, do not feel they will.

no team is going to pay high dollor (first or second round pick) for a QB with multiple question marks hanging over his head.
    I have no idea if what Sanchezs value is, but every player drafted has questions marks hanging over their head

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

WHO??????

Do we draft a new QB well guess what we have another three to four year cycle of finding out whether that player can lead the successfully lead the team.

This isn't FANTASY FOOTBALL where you just plug players in like mindless zombies to do the bidding of their controler masters!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    it has nothing to do with fantasy football...........in todays nfl the way qb's are coddled and being a passing league sometimes all you need is to give a guy a chance. Of course it is not helpful speculation cause i do not think like all the other lemmings out their I tend to think more like billy beane in moneyball and look for anwsers where other people do not. Everyone is acting like we could not find another QB if anything happens to sanchez.............

there is no trade market for Mark Sanchez

WHO??????

Good Grief!!!
    Matt Flynn someone going to take a chance on.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    yeah, I heard somewhere that he's lazy.

+1

All Jet fans should recognize this. There is NO trade market for Sanchez, let alone a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    +1

All Jet fans should recognize this. There is NO trade market for Sanchez, let alone a first rounder.

Don't get too carried away. If the Jets decided to go after Matt Flynn as an example they would need to dump Sanchez's salary. He might get a 4th. Maybe even a lower pick 3rd.
    First or second is totally out of the question though.

All League

WHO??????

Good Grief!!!

Thanks , for the voice of reason..

Veteran
    Would they trade a high first round pick for a guy who was a bottom five QB this past year, is currently being criticized publically by teammates for myriad reasons, and is owed another $20 million over the next two years? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Teams like Cleveland and Jax would jump at the chance to get Sanchez. The question is what would they be willing to give? Not much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Teams like Cleveland and Jax would jump at the chance to get Sanchez. The question is what would they be willing to give? Not much IMO.
    so... they wouldn't jump at the chance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

so... they wouldn't jump at the chance.
    If either team thought Sanchez could be had for a 3rd or 4th rounder they would be all over it.

Knock it off..You are smarter than this...There is too..He might not get a 1st..but we all know some team would offer up a 3rd or 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Understanding the salary implications and what you would have to pay him in a trade, no team would trade anything.

My guess if the Jets simply put him on the open market and said he's free, if you'll take on his salary there would be NO takers.

Jets want to get rid of Sanchez they'll have to cut him.