Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines Urinate On Dead Taliban

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Marines Urinate On Dead Taliban

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9009184/Marines-urinating-on-Taliban-video-egregious-and-unacceptable-says-Pentagon.html[/url]

[QUOTE]Marines urinating on Taliban video: egregious and unacceptable says Pentagon
    The US military is investigating an online video purportedly showing Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, a spokesman said Wednesday, calling the behaviour "disgusting".

The video shows what appears to be four servicemen, dressed in US military uniform, relieving themselves onto three bloodied bodies on the ground, apparently aware that they are being filmed.
    "Have a great day, buddy," one of them says.
    The Pentagon has not yet verified the video, but spokesman John Kirby told AFP: "Regardless of the circumstances or who is in the video, this is... egregious, disgusting behaviour, unacceptable for anyone in uniform."
    "It turned my stomach," he added of the video, which was posted on the Live Leak website.
    If authenticated, the images - which conjure up memories of the detainee abuse inflicted by American soldiers at Iraq's notorious Abu Ghraib prison - are sure to spark deep anger and resentment in the Muslim world.

A military official who asked not to be named said the helmet and weapon carried by one of the men seems to indicate the four could be members of an elite sniper team.
    The official also said such conduct would be punishable under the US code of military justice.
    The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a prominent national Muslim civil rights and advocacy organisation, condemned the alleged desecration of corpses by US Marines.
    "If verified as authentic, the video shows behaviour that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians," CAIR said in a statement.
    "We trust that this disturbing incident will be promptly investigated in a transparent manner and that appropriate actions will be taken based on the results of that investigation," the statement said.
    "Any guilty parties must be punished to the full extent allowed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and by relevant American laws."
    A statement issued by the Pentagon said: "Headquarters Marine Corps has recently been made aware of a video that portrays Marines urinating on what appear to be deceased members of the Taliban.

"While we have not yet verified the origin or authenticity of this video, the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps.
    "This matter will be fully investigated."
    Some 20,000 Marines are deployed in Afghanistan, mostly in Kandahar and Helmand provinces in the south of the war-ravaged country.
    The US and Nato have some 130,000 troops fighting the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan.
    US and coalition partners in Afghanistan plan to hand over security for the whole of the country to Afghan forces by the end of 2014, allowing the withdrawal of combat forces.
    In April 2004, the prison at Abu Ghraib shot to international headlines and became a potent negative symbol of the US occupation to many Iraqis after evidence emerged of detainee abuse by US soldiers at the facility.
    Eventually, 11 soldiers were convicted in connection to the abuse, and received punishments ranging from an army discharge to 10 years in prison.[/QUOTE]

When ya gotta go, Ya gotta go..... :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Major court martial offense. These guys should spend some time in the brig. Plus a dishonorable discharge. No excuse for this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4326503]Major court martial offense. These guys should spend some time in the brig. Plus a dishonorable discharge. No excuse for this.[/QUOTE]

AGREED! They should have SHAT upon them as well!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4326503]Major court martial offense. These guys should spend some time in the brig. Plus a dishonorable discharge. No excuse for this.[/QUOTE]

I'm pleased to agree with you here.

Totally unacceptable.

+1

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

+1000. Absolutely shameful.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4326520]AGREED! They should have SHAT upon them as well![/QUOTE]

Totally classless comment.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total waste of time, they could have been out killing more.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    The Taliban deserve what they get. They are not an honorable enemy to be treated with honor or respect. Each of these Marines know what would happen to them if taken prisoner by these 7th century sub-apes. Being urinated upon would be the least of their worries. They would be beheaded alive.

Before the left starts ululating in the streets they need to remember how American dead were treated in Mogadishu and Falluja? If not I can post pics.

Screw these worthless wastes of life. I applaud these Marines. :clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326607]The Taliban deserve what they get. They are not an honorable enemy to be treated with honor or respect. Each of these Marines know what would happen to them if taken prisoner by these 7th century sub-apes. Being urinated upon would be the least of their worries. They would be beheaded alive.

Before the left starts ululating in the streets they need to remember how American dead were treated in Mogadishu and Falluja? If not I can post pics.

Screw these worthless wastes of life. I applaud these Marines. :clapper:[/QUOTE]

You're making it pretty obvious you have never served in the military. It's stupidity at its very finest, first to do it and then video it. Idiots.......:yes:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4326618]You're making it pretty obvious you have never served in the military. It's stupidity at its very finest, first to do it and then video it. Idiots.......:yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree with the videotaping. That was stupid.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326607]The Taliban deserve what they get. They are not an honorable enemy to be treated with honor or respect. Each of these Marines know what would happen to them if taken prisoner by these 7th century sub-apes. Being urinated upon would be the least of their worries. They would be beheaded alive.

Screw these worthless wastes of life. I applaud these Marines. :clapper:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a personal attack to call you a very sick person.
    I was a combat officer in Vietnam. I had men killed in action. We killed a lot of our enemy. NEVER, NOT ONE TIME did anyone in my command mutilate or commit any atrocity. We would kill and let them lay, notifying HQ where the bodies were after searching them for intel.
    Once we came across a small Ranger team (nightstalkers group) who had been beheaded. It didn't sit well but we just went about our business of killing professionally. There were other atrocities against American but we sought revenge as humans, not savages.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't possibly disagree with you more. We should be better than this. The US military isn't a thug militia organization. There's no justification for something like this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4326630]I don't think it's a personal attack to call you a very sick person.
    I was a combat officer in Vietnam. I had men killed in action. We killed a lot of our enemy. NEVER, NOT ONE TIME did anyone in my command mutilate or commit any atrocity. We would kill and let them lay, notifying HQ where the bodies were after searching them for intel.
    Once we came across a small Ranger team (nightstalkers group) who had been beheaded. It didn't sit well but we just went about our business of killing professionally. There were other atrocities against American but we sought revenge as humans, not savages.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Palmetto is definitely not the "Left" Dean. Nor am I.

I fully support rigourous efforts to kill the enemy in combat. I fully support rigourous efforts to get intel from captured terrorists, right up to what I personally consider actual torture (a thread discussion in and of itself).

But I find no sane way to support this. Sorry Dean, you're on your own here, and I agree with Pal here.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4326630]I don't think it's a personal attack to call you a very sick person.
    [/QUOTE]

You can call me anything you like, I can take it. I commend you for your service in Vietnam. I had two uncles serve there. Thankfully both got home alive and in one piece.

You, Warfish, Bonhomme Richard, etc. all are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to mine. These same Taliban fighters whose honor you want to uphold, would never give any of you this same honor. They are savages that should have been buried along with pig entrails after the Marines p*ssed on them....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once we came across a small Ranger team (nightstalkers group) who had been beheaded. It didn't sit well but we just went about our business of killing professionally. There were other atrocities against American but we sought revenge as humans, not savages.[/QUOTE]

Well said although I give these guys a bit of a pass. I don't know how long they have been in combat and I suspect based on the stats that alot of these men and women have been pushed into multiple combat tours and are probably stressed out of their minds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4326630]It didn't sit well but we just went about our business of killing [B][SIZE="4"]professionally[/SIZE][/B].[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326657]You can call me anything you like, I can take it. I commend you for your service in Vietnam. I had two uncles serve there. Thankfully both got home alive and in one piece.

You, Warfish, Bonhomme Richard, etc. all are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to mine. These same Taliban fighters whose honor you want to uphold, would never give any of you this same honor. They are savages that should have been buried along with pig entrails after the Marines p*ssed on them....[/QUOTE]

What escapes you is that this kind of behavior endangers American lives.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    However awful this is, wouldn't it be nice if this changed?

[I]"the images - which conjure up memories of the detainee abuse inflicted by American soldiers at Iraq's notorious Abu Ghraib prison - are sure to spark deep anger and resentment in the Muslim world"[/I]

I mean, shouldn't the Muslim world be aiming their anger and resentment at the Taliban, for misrepresenting their beliefs and bringing violence and death into their everyday lives?

Not asking them to applaud this, but you check your guys, and we'll check ours. Deal?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4326695]What escapes you is that this kind of behavior endangers American lives.[/QUOTE]

No, American lives are endangered regardless...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4326686]Exactly.[/QUOTE]

No doubt in my mind the American soldiers killed professionally.

The controversy lies in what they did with the vermin after the kill.....