Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines Urinate On Dead Taliban

[QUOTE=Warfish;4326526]I'm pleased to agree with you here.

Totally unacceptable.

+1[/QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks otherwise has something seriously wrong with them.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326607]The Taliban deserve what they get. They are not an honorable enemy to be treated with honor or respect. Each of these Marines know what would happen to them if taken prisoner by these 7th century sub-apes. Being urinated upon would be the least of their worries. They would be beheaded alive.

Before the left starts ululating in the streets they need to remember how American dead were treated in Mogadishu and Falluja? If not I can post pics.

Screw these worthless wastes of life. I applaud these Marines. :clapper:[/QUOTE]
    And . . . case in point number 1.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326657]You can call me anything you like, I can take it. I commend you for your service in Vietnam. I had two uncles serve there. Thankfully both got home alive and in one piece.

You, Warfish, Bonhomme Richard, etc. all are entitled to your opinions. [B]I am entitled to mine.[/B] These same Taliban fighters whose honor you want to uphold, would never give any of you this same honor. They are savages that should have been buried along with pig entrails after the Marines p*ssed on them....[/QUOTE]

You are "entitled" to your opinions in the same way that a Klansman is "entitled" to his opinion that whites are superior to other races: nobody can prevent you from having and expressing your opinion. But it is a stupid, pig-ignorant and disgusting opinion to hold.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4327009]You are "entitled" to your opinions in the same way that a Klansman is "entitled" to his opinion that whites are superior to other races: nobody can prevent you from having and expressing your opinion. But it is a stupid, pig-ignorant and disgusting opinion to hold.[/QUOTE]

Fly over to Afghanistan. seek out the Taliban and extend your hand. Tell them you are an American Jew and want to be friends.

See how that goes and get back to me..... I suspect your body wouldn't get the respect you demand their's get....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4327065]Fly over to Afghanistan. seek out the Taliban and extend your hand. Tell them you are an American Jew and want to be friends.

See how that goes and get back to me..... I suspect your body wouldn't get the respect you demand their's get....[/QUOTE]

And that's what should separate us from them...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4327065]Fly over to Afghanistan. seek out the Taliban and extend your hand. Tell them you are an American Jew and want to be friends.

See how that goes and get back to me..... I suspect your body wouldn't get the respect you demand their's get....[/QUOTE]

He'd do a lot better than you at a Jets tailgate. :yes:

No kidding. And, therefore . . . I should stoop to their level? I should be as bad, as barabaric, as they are?

I condemn barbarism no matter who is the barbarian - and especially when its someone who, in any way, represents me.

All Pro

That's terrible logic, even for a Pats* fan, for anyone older than 13.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4326983]For all we know these weren't even the marines who did the killing. They could have come up upon a pile of corpses and decided to break out the video camera.

How badass of them.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me the HBO series, The Pacific. Where a soldier ( and Im sure it was common) was depicted ripping the teeth from dead japanese corpses for the gold.

THAT is pretty unreal but what I read about war in history is this type of behavior comes out in soldiers in stressful times. There have been several reported stories (Vietnam) about soldiers gang raping women in a town they took over etc... just horrible.

Clearly horrific and easy to condemn (and I do) however I for some sad reason am not shocked by things I learn about the behavior of men (us and them) in war time.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4327278]That's terrible logic, even for a Pats* fan, for anyone older than 13.[/QUOTE]

Don't cry for these animals. They would do the same or worse to US soldiers and civilians....

It won't cost me one wink of sleep.......

I would feel bad if I considered these talibans human. I don't. I don't even dare insult the animal kingdom by comparing them to animals. They are germs.

[QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4327355]I would feel bad if I considered these talibans human. I don't. I don't even dare insult the animal kingdom by comparing them to animals. They are germs.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4327349]Don't cry for these animals. They would do the same or worse to US soldiers and civilians....[/QUOTE]

So. In Dean's world...public urinators are the pinnacle of America.

Guess that's why he support OWS so much then....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4327367]So. In Dean's world...public urinators are the pinnacle of America.

Guess that's why he support OWS so much then....[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4327355]I would feel bad if I considered these talibans human. I don't. I don't even dare insult the animal kingdom by comparing them to animals. They are germs.[/QUOTE]

You're not supposed to feel bad for them. Although at this point I doubt even 1% or 1% of those fighting had anything to do with 9/11, and are simply defending their homeland and faith from what they see as an evil invader.

You're supposed to feel bad for the American Soldiers who have lowered themselves to equivlency with our enemies and their lack of both civlization, and ethics, of any kind.

I don't weep for them, the eney, even if I find the mission if Afgahnistan to have become more than a wasteful joke at this stage.

I weep for my fellow Americans. I expect better from "my side".

It should say something that this is opposed almost unanimously by left, middle and right on the forum. This isn't something questionable, like hard intorrogation to get vital info that could save American lives, where there really is a moral and ethical judgement to be made, and debate to be had.

Like Doggin says, you are entiled to your opinion of course. But you'd have to expect most civlized folks to find such an opinion rather amoral and reprehensible, and wonder what ELSE you might find acceptable too.

Let's see here, we have Marines who piss upon dead enemy combatants. Combatants who could care less about any Marine that they kill, maim or whatever.

I have no respect for anyone who would try to kill me and could care less about their dead body. I don't understand why Americans, even some who served, would cry over a dead enemy combatant.

How can anyone here tell what those dead enemy combatants (or their living buddies) have done to our troops in the war theaters?

This is WAR. War does things to people. The length of these wars have made a great deal of difficulty for our troops. The Marine that I have an issue with is the Marine who filmed the act.

I feel bad knowing that these Marines are probably ruled as guilty in the eyes of the public and will face Courts Martial and perhaps Dishonorable Discharge, even without all of the facts being presented.

I am not saying that what they did is right, but I counted only 4 Marines pissing upon the dead enemies. I can easily guess that there are many other units that would have had the whole unit piss upon the enemy.

War is hell and this is just another glimpse into that window.

If anything, the American public should be writing congress and Obama, informing them that the length of the wars are causing our troops to treat the
    enemy inhumanely and that they need to cease now.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4326498]When ya gotta go, Ya gotta go..... :yes:[/QUOTE]
    #2 next time.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4327405]#2 next time.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.. After a night of heavy drinking and eating Mexican..... :yes:

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4327387]

I have no respect for anyone who would try to kill me and could care less about their dead body. I don't understand why Americans, even some who served, would cry over a dead enemy combatant.

[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Well, it looks as though the Marines are cooked:

[QUOTE]Statement from the CMC

1/12/2012
    Headquarters Marine Corps Division of Public Affairs, Headquarters Marine Corps
    Headquarters Marine Corps
    703-614-4309
    [email]ontherecord@usmc.mil[/email]
    WASHINGTON, D.C.
    "I have viewed an internet video that depicts Marines desecrating several dead Taliban in Afghanistan.

I want to be clear and unambiguous, the behavior depicted in the video is wholly inconsistent with the high standards of conduct and warrior ethos that we have demonstrated throughout our history.

Accordingly, late yesterday I requested that the Naval Criminal Investigative Service pull together a team of their very best agents and immediately assign them responsibility to thoroughly investigate every aspect of the filmed event. Additionally I am assigning a Marine General Officer and senior attorney, both with extensive combat experience, to head up an internal - Preliminary Inquiry into the matter.

Once the investigation and Preliminary Inquiry are complete and the facts have been determined, then the Marine Corps will take the appropriate next steps. Rest assured that the institution of the Marine Corps will not rest until the allegations and the events surrounding them have been resolved. We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the Laws of War, and our own core values.[/QUOTE]"

[url]http://www.marines.mil/unit/hqmc/Pages/StatementfromtheCMC.aspx#.Tw9mdG9rNee[/url]