Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Marines Urinate On Dead Taliban

[QUOTE=bitonti;4329664]It's not the peeing on the corpse that makes the people of Afghanistan hate us. They've hated us since we started occupying their country, 10 years ago. as ron Paul says, America is an Empire and we need to bring the troops home. What good does it do to wage these unending wars?[/QUOTE]

So then go talk about that in a thread about that. You're un-necessarily changing the topic.

This would be like going into a thread about the Jets firing Schotty and saying "they shouldn't have fired Schotty because now they have to pay him extra and that extra could have gone to funding the stadium rather than making us pay PSLs."

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4329706]So then go talk about that in a thread about that. You're un-necessarily changing the topic.
    [/QUOTE]

are you aware of how these men ended up dead? it might have been a war.

i guess compartmentalizing is a good strategy for not having to deal with unpleasant subjects. i dont live my life like that. if we can talk about peeing we are talking about the war.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4329795]are you aware of how these men ended up dead? it might have been a war.

i guess compartmentalizing is a good strategy for not having to deal with unpleasant subjects. i dont live my life like that. if we can talk about peeing we are talking about the war.[/QUOTE]

No, we're talking about peeing on dead bodies in a war. Yes, there is a war, no sh*t I know that, no need to act all superior.

So you're essentially saying that because the war shouldn't have happened that anything that happens in it is OK?

Hall Of Fame
    It's amazing how dense some people are. So many phantom arguments in this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4329392]The justification for the attack on the US was infidels stationed on holy ground.

Simon Rushdie wrote a book and had a death sentence put on his head by the leader of Iran. There have been death threats against authors of cartoons, murders of film makers. What behavior won't inflame tension and endanger American lives?

Their behavior doesn't meet the code of conduct standard of a US soldier wearing the uniform, that should be the only issue.

If you want to behave in a way to placate the Taliban, bow toward Mecca 5 times a day and have your wife, mother and female daughters cover their heads.

We are a country of law and if this is in violation of US lawor the military code of conduct that's the only thing that matters. If there are mitigating circumstances that lead to this behavior the military court should consider it.

The entire concept that US soldiers winning the hearts and minds of communities as occupiers is ludicrous to begin with. Our ideals of freedom, democracy and the rule of law are what win hearts and minds not occupation for security. And if it doesn't win their hearts and minds all we ask is they don't attack us.

This is the basic problem with the military strategy of winning hearts and minds and depending on volunteers trained to fight armies being assigned the role of diplomats.

The code of conduct is the only thing that matters. I abhore the behavior but I piss on the notion that we should cower over the impact this might have on us by our enemies. We do the right thing because our soceity has constructed laws that demand it.[/QUOTE]

No one is trying to "win hearts" by NOT pissing on bodies.

No one thinks if they didn't happen, these nuts will stop doing what they do.

This is about having enough respect for yourself and your country to not act like an ******* scumbag that stoops to their level.

Get that through your skulls, people. There is no justification for this for anyone but the mentally ill.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4330261]No one is trying to "win hearts" by NOT pissing on bodies.

[B]No one thinks if they didn't happen, these nuts will stop doing what they do.[/B]

This is about having enough respect for yourself and your country to not act like an ******* scumbag that stoops to their level.

Get that through your skulls, people. There is no justification for this for anyone but the mentally ill.[/QUOTE]

That was your argument but since you want to change it going to war has zero to do with respect and everything to do with either self preservtion or other national interest.

Asking people to operate as wariors, essentially becoming professional killers over long periods of time impacts their mental health. The evidence is overwhelming. Military code of conduct is about maintaining descipline and self respect. It doesn't always work.

They are dead, desecrating their bodies says more about our guys mental condition than it is about respect for the Taliban. These guys need help.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 01-15-2012 at 07:08 AM.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4330261]No one is trying to "win hearts" by NOT pissing on bodies.

[B]No one thinks if they didn't happen, these nuts will stop doing what they do.[/B]

Get that through your skulls, people. There is no justification for this for anyone but the mentally ill.[/QUOTE]

That was your argument but since you want to change it going to war has zero to do with respect and everything to do with either self preservtion or other national interest.

Asking people to operate as wariors, essentially becoming professional killers over long periods of time impacts their mental health. The evidence is overwhelming.

The book on respect between wariors went out the window when civilians were targeted.

I wouldn't worry about it the next war the US fights will be done with drones, you don't have to worry about someone being pissed on after we kill them.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4330261][B]No one is trying to "win hearts" by NOT pissing on bodies.
    [/B]
    No one thinks if they didn't happen, these nuts will stop doing what they do.

That was your original argument but if you want to make this about mental health, it's pretty clear a high number of the returning vets from AG and Iraq are nuts.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4331048]That was your original argument but if you want to make this about mental health, it's pretty clear a high number of the returning vets from AG and Iraq are nuts.[/QUOTE]

You should post this again.

You don't piss on a corpse I don't care if it is the enemy. Where is our pride!

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4330152]
    So you're essentially saying that because the war shouldn't have happened that anything that happens in it is OK?[/QUOTE]

what i'm saying is that going to war (or continuing war) should be thought through... cause it's almost always ugly and terrible.

the hawks in this world on the left and the right, have no concept of the brutalities of war.

Let's wage land wars in the mountains of central Asia it will be a hoot. who says that?

Peeing on dead people makes the paper. BUt it's all bad. No one is saying it's ok to have brutalities, I'm saying this is war. Keep troops at war for over a decade this is bound to happen. In the eyes of the generals, the real mistake was videotaping it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Is this thread still going?

Wow.

Pissing on dead enemies, yup, still wrong. Even in War. Even against these merciless and savage enemies. Especially wrong doing it on videotape, where it becomes instant anti-US PR.

Says alot about this forum reading this thread, really.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4333095]Is this thread still going?

Wow.

Pissing on dead enemies, yup, still wrong. Even in War. Even against these merciless and savage enemies. Especially wrong doing it on videotape, where it becomes instant anti-US PR.

Says alot about this forum reading this thread, really.[/QUOTE]

Obama's president; thus, certain posters can and will justify anything.