Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newt's latest

Newt's latest

In a new ad airing, Gingrich is now taking Romney to task for being able to speak French. No kidding. He feels it is elitist and makes him "Just like John Kerry".
    He coming unglued. That really won't fly too well in SC. Decent sized population with French heritage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lol what? Please post a link to that, I need to smack down a hardcore Gingrich fan on Facebook.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4328395]Lol what? Please post a link to that, I need to smack down a hardcore Gingrich fan on Facebook.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFaWhygzjQ[/url]

lolololzzzzz

/facepalm

it's not like Chris Christie running, being backed by all these billionaires. that's 1% policy with a working class surface.

Mitt Romney is overtly 1% and that's gonna kill him in a general.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4328344]In a new ad airing, Gingrich is now taking Romney to task for being able to speak French. No kidding. He feels it is elitist and makes him "Just like John Kerry".
    He coming unglued. That really won't fly too well in SC. Decent sized population with French heritage.[/QUOTE]

French in SC????? Really?

Le Mobile accueil???? Translation=mobile home for the french.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4328481]French in SC????? Really?

Le Mobile accueil???? Translation=mobile home for the french.;)[/QUOTE]

Isn't Charlotte basically the capital of South Carolina?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4328489]Isn't Charlotte basically the capital of South Carolina?[/QUOTE]

Charlotte butts right up against SC. In all reality...much of SC is a terrific place to live.

Greenville/Spartanburg are booming right now, Charleston is awesome to name just a few.

Beats the pi$$ out of upstate NY!;)

It's obvious that Newt is unhinged when the entire conservative establishment is slamming him for his Bain attack angle. People that don't support Romney like Limbaugh and such are killing Gingrich for this. It is a classic murder suicide attempt. The nice part is that the whole angle is backfiring. The same conservative pundits that had been attacking Romney are now defending him. The attack itself is causing undecideds to coalesce around Romney in the name of free market capitalism. It has been interesting to observe.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4328628] The attack itself is causing undecideds to coalesce around Romney in the name of free market capitalism. [/QUOTE]

GOP undecideds maybe. Independent undecideds are not going to vote for a robber baron.

take a step back this is a candidate that is deeply flawed. the staunch conservative base of the GOP loathes him for being a moderate flip flopper. The evangelicals won't vote for a mormon. the tea party is currently doing anything it can do to get him not to be the candidate. he's not appealing to independents like a Ron paul would be. He certainly isn't stealing any Democratic votes. Latinos won't vote for him.

the Romney to President electoral college road is very narrow.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4328648]GOP undecideds maybe. Independent undecideds are not going to vote for a robber baron.

take a step back this is a candidate that is deeply flawed. the staunch conservative base of the GOP loathes him for being a moderate flip flopper. The evangelicals won't vote for a mormon. the tea party is currently doing anything it can do to get him not to be the candidate. he's not appealing to independents like a Ron paul would be. He certainly isn't stealing any Democratic votes. Latinos won't vote for him.

the Romney to President electoral college road is very narrow.[/QUOTE]

Odd that as much as you say all these groups wont vote for him yet the exit polls where people actually voted tell a different story. The country wants a President strong on economic and budget issues. That's Romney's niche. It doesn't hurt that people are tired of Obamas partisanship and incompetence.

The only thing that IMO could derail the inevitability of Romney's presidency is if that Americans Elect garbage puts an independent on the ballot.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4328683] The country wants a President strong on economic and budget issues. That's Romney's niche. .[/QUOTE]

It depends on how we define strength. Romney appeals to investors. He's death to joe sixpack. the list of companies he plundered while at Bain is long, and he certainly isn't a job creator.

the idea of the free market isn't running for President. Mitt Romney is running for President. and Mitt's got a path of destruction in his wake. Might be fine for the GOP primary but he will get skewered in the general.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4328694]It depends on how we define strength. Romney appeals to investors. He's death to joe sixpack. the list of companies he plundered while at Bain is long, and he certainly isn't a job creator.

the idea of the free market isn't running for President. Mitt Romney is running for President. and Mitt's got a path of destruction in his wake. Might be fine for the GOP primary but he will get skewered in the general.[/QUOTE]

False. This election on the surface will be about Barack Obama and his failed policies. Romney's private sector record alongside his Governorship and turnaround of the 2002 Olympics will play as strengths. The key for Republicans is putting up a candidate acceptable to most alongside the ability to spend the money necessary to hammer on about Obama's failings. With Romney we get a referendum on the Obama Presidency. I'm quite confident that a campaign about Obama's failings is a winning strategy for the GOP. That's what we will get with a Romney as the candidate.

Lol the back peddling has begun

January 13, 2012, 1:27 PM
    Gingrich Asks Super PAC to Address Errors in Ad Against Romney
    By TRIP GABRIEL
    ORLANDO, Fla. — Newt Gingrich called on the “super PAC” supporting him to edit or take down a 28-minute pseudo-documentary attacking Mitt Romney’s record at the investment firm Bain Capital after news media fact-checkers found a number of inaccuracies.

[B]“I’m calling on them either to edit out every single mistake, or withdraw the entire film,”[/B] Mr. Gingrich said. “They cannot run the film with those errors in it.”

Mr. Gingrich criticized Mr. Romney in the days before the Iowa caucuses for not repudiating a 30-second anti-Gingrich attack ad from Romney supporters, which a fact-checker at The Washington Post awarded “Four Pinocchios” for errors.

[B]The same fact-checker, Glen Kessler, also gave the anti-Bain film Four Pinocchios on Friday, calling it a “highly misleading portrayal of Romney’s years at Bain Capital.’’[/B]

That put Mr. Gingrich on the spot, even as the super PAC supporting him began saturating the South Carolina airwaves with a planned $3.4 million in attacks on Mr. Romney based on the Bain film.

The first 30- and 60-second ads were broadcast on Thursday and featured interviews with laid-off workers and other scenes from the documentary, “When Mitt Romney Came to Town.” The super PAC also posted the film online and said it would buy airtime to broadcast it in its entirely.

Mr. Gingrich’s one-time lead in polls evaporated in Iowa, which he attributed to the attack ads, and in recent days he did an about-face from an earlier pledge to run an entirely positive campaign. He ratcheted up criticism of Mr. Romney’s tenure at Bain, even in the face of Republican leaders who pressured him to stop, calling his comments an attack on free enterprise.

It was unclear whether Mr. Gingrich expected his supporters at the super PAC, Winning Our Future, to edit or withdraw the shorter ads. He cannot communicate directly with the outside group, but his own criticisms of Mr. Romney have closely echoed the same themes as the attack ads.

Many Gingrich supporters have been expecting the attack ads to counter the damage done by the similar ads against him from the super PAC supporting Mr. Romney.
    [B]
    Winning Our Future did not immediately respond to a query about whether it would follow Mr. Gingrich’s request for edits. Fact-checkers have found that the anti-Bain film is riddled with misrepresentations. Editing out all of them might not leave much to work with.[/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4328584]Charlotte butts right up against SC. In all reality...much of SC is a terrific place to live.

Greenville/Spartanburg are booming right now, Charleston is awesome to name just a few.

Beats the pi$$ out of upstate NY!;)[/QUOTE]

;)

I tried, brother...I tried

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4328683]Americans Elect garbage[/QUOTE]

Why is a group dedicated to working for giving us more than two options "garbage"?

If Romney is so great, he should win anyway, right?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4328849]Why is a group dedicated to working for giving us more than two options "garbage"?

If Romney is so great, he should win anyway, right?[/QUOTE]

It is run by a Democratic pollster. Me thinks they will put up a candidate that appeals to center right voters. Injecting a third party candidate is like adding the Perot factor into the race. It's the one curve ball that has the potential to deliver us 4 more years of malaise.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4328849]Why is a group dedicated to working for giving us more than two options "garbage"?

If Romney is so great, he should win anyway, right?[/QUOTE]

Because...third party candidate upset any chance of the incumbent opposition party of electing a candidate that makes them go "giggity".

Look at the field now:

Ron Paul: Appeals to younger voters, conspiracy kooks and people who want the establishment kicked in the nuts

Romney: Appeals to Republicans vying for whatever candidate they think can beat Obama while not coming off as a complete Right Wing nut job

Gingrich: Appeals to the old order of Republicans who are still bitter that they somehow managed to fall out of favor with the general American public

Santorum: Yee-haw Jesus and abortions and gays.

These people aren't looking for a candidate to lead. They're looking for a candidate to beat Obama. People like Chief are willing to sacrifice his principles if it means an Obama defeat.

The GOPers of today are basically like the pfail strippers on our website who are pining for Peyton Manning.

Sad.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 01-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4328951]Because...third party candidate upset any chance of the incumbent opposition party of electing a candidate that makes them go "giggity".

Look at the field now:

Ron Paul: Appeals to younger voters, conspiracy kooks and people who want the establishment kicked in the nuts

Romney: Appeals to Republicans vying for whatever candidate they think can beat Obama while not coming off as a complete Right Wing nut job

Gingrich: Appeals to the old order of Republicans who are still bitter that they somehow managed to fall out of favor with the general American public

Santorum: Yee-haw Jesus and abortions and gays.

These people aren't looking for a candidate to lead. They're looking for a candidate to beat Obama. People like Chief are willing to sacrifice his principles if it means an Obama defeat.

The GOPers of today are basically like the pfail strippers on our website who are pining for Peyton Manning.

Sad.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure what you are saying is true for some but that's not me. Every election people settle for the candidate that best aligns with their sensibilities. For me that person is Romney. I like what the guy is about. I don't see any candidate that is any better. Of course I am a small business entrepreneur and favor pro-business candidates. I am not a social conservative in any way. For me Romney is the best of the group. I'm not about destroying the system and re-doing it. I'm about fixing the system and streamlining things. If Christie would have run he would have been the person I am supporting. Since he isn't I went for the next best thing. For reference I supported Romney in 2008 as well.

Who else is there? Paul is 76 years old and has wacky foreign policy views. Santorum is a family values warrior (not a fan)but on the flip side is an old school big government Republican that loves earmarks. Gingrich is a bitter man that while bright, clearly does not have the temperament to be President. He has been exposed with his attacks on Bain and free market capitalism which he now admits is based on lies. Perry is possibly the dumbest person ever to attempt a run for the office. That leaves us with Romney or bust.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;4328437]it's not like Chris Christie running, being backed by all these billionaires. that's 1% policy with a working class surface.

Mitt Romney is overtly 1% and that's gonna kill him in a general.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Obama is such a working class hero!:eek: