Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Donovan at Everton

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Donovan at Everton

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/en...e-impact-of-la

Everton manager David Moyes has praised Landon Donovan for the immediate impact he has made since joining on-loan from LA Galaxy.

The American is enjoying his second spell at Goodison Park, having joined the club until the end of February, and Moyes called him the best player on the pitch during the Toffees' 1-1 draw at Villa Park on Saturday.

He is one of three players from the MLS to join a Premier League side following similar short-term loans involving Thierry Henry at Arsenal and Robbie Keane at Aston Villa but Donovan has had no problem adjusting back into the English game.

"Robbie Keane and Thierry Henry have come back to the Premier League from America and they need a bit of time to settle because of having a break since the end of the MLS,” Moyes told Sky Sports News.

"But Landon has come in and played three or four 90-minute games already on the bounce since he arrived and that says a lot. It's a testament to the professional he is. He was the best player on the pitch at Villa.

"His work rate was terrific. I played him on the right, left, then down the middle because he was the one who looked as if he had the energy.

"We've never had the chance to take him off in games because we need him so much with his running and the quality he has on the ball. Now we are going to try and give him a couple of days off so I don't burn him out before he goes back to LA."

Despite such praise from his manager, Donovan says that he is not yet at his best but is confident Everton can enjoy success in the second half of the season.

"With my form, I'm getting there. I don't think I've been at my absolute best yet and I think I have more to offer,” he said. "Not a whole lot has changed in the two years since I was here. Of course, every time you lose players like Arteta and Pienaar, there is going to be a difference in quality.

"But the mentality is good and I think we are just a little bit away from being special again.

"Everton always seem to do well in the second half but you don't want to count on doing that. It's a little dangerous. But if we can get the four or five injured guys back then the manager will have decisions to make and it will strengthen the squad a lot."
    Say what you want about him, but happy to see he seem to have found his niche. Had a nice assist vs Aston Villa (ok, so he had some space to work with )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rfThWljsYY
    Last edited by frostlich; 01-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.