Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pre Combine Jets Missed The Playoffs Mock

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208

    Pre Combine Jets Missed The Playoffs Mock

    FA Signings:
    DE - Calais Campbell, He'd fit prefect in Ryans defense. I wanted us to draft him in 2008 but we got VG instead.
    S - Tyvon Branch, he's great compared to Eric Smith not that that's saying much.
    G/C Will Montgomery, he can play multiple spots and is better then most of our Oline.

    Draft:
    1. WR - Michael Floyd, ND 6'3'' 220lbs
    I've watched every game he's played in college and he's a playmaker. He gets open, has good hands, goes up for the ball, goes over the middle, is great after the catch and blocks well.

    2. G - Kevin Zeitler, WIS 6'4'' 315lbs
    He a prefect fit for the style of offense we're suppose to be running. A hard nosed run blocker.

    3. OLB - Shea McClellin, Boise 6'3'' 262lbs
    He played multiple spots on the dline and lb. Ryan likes to move d players around and McClellin is a good fit.

    4. S - Winston Guy, Ken 6'1 210lbs
    Honestly didn't see much of him so I'm going off of what I read and we need DBs so I'm throwing his name out there.

    5. RB/WR - Chris Rainey, Florida 5'9'' 180
    Seen him play a lot and he's a ****ing speed demon 4.3s. He could take over as KR/PR and be used in offense packages as a RB or WR. Everytime he touches the ball he can score problem is he might not live through the first hit by a LBer.


    I'm surprised this is the first mock on here, You guys are slipping.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    FA Signings:
    DE - Calais Campbell, He'd fit prefect in Ryans defense. I wanted us to draft him in 2008 but we got VG instead.
    S - Tyvon Branch, he's great compared to Eric Smith not that that's saying much.
    G/C Will Montgomery, he can play multiple spots and is better then most of our Oline.

    Draft:
    1. WR - Michael Floyd, ND 6'3'' 220lbs
    I've watched every game he's played in college and he's a playmaker. He gets open, has good hands, goes up for the ball, goes over the middle, is great after the catch and blocks well.

    2. G - Kevin Zeitler, WIS 6'4'' 315lbs
    He a prefect fit for the style of offense we're suppose to be running. A hard nosed run blocker.

    3. OLB - Shea McClellin, Boise 6'3'' 262lbs
    He played multiple spots on the dline and lb. Ryan likes to move d players around and McClellin is a good fit.

    4. S - Winston Guy, Ken 6'1 210lbs
    Honestly didn't see much of him so I'm going off of what I read and we need DBs so I'm throwing his name out there.

    5. RB/WR - Chris Rainey, Florida 5'9'' 180
    Seen him play a lot and he's a ****ing speed demon 4.3s. He could take over as KR/PR and be used in offense packages as a RB or WR. Everytime he touches the ball he can score problem is he might not live through the first hit by a LBer.


    I'm surprised this is the first mock on here, You guys are slipping.


    I would love Floyd but no way he makes it to us.... I just don't see us getting him without moving up.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I would love Floyd but no way he makes it to us.... I just don't see us getting him without moving up.
    There's a good chance he'll be there at 16th unless he blows away the combine. He'll be the 2nd or 3rd wr taken.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,277
    Only one of those picks I agree with is Zietler.

  5. #5
    I like this mock but it's far from the 1st mock on here dude, scroll down.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I like this mock but it's far from the 1st mock on here dude, scroll down.
    Lol was looking on my phone at first and didn't see any one the first page.

  7. #7
    who would be our starting RT?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    who would be our starting RT?
    Montgomery or zeitler. Montgomery is a guard and a center and zeitler is a guard.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Only one of those picks I agree with is Zietler.
    Yeah, not really feeling this mock draft/offseason plan....

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yeah, not really feeling this mock draft/offseason plan....
    Fair enough, my goal was to improve the lines and get pressure on the QB.

    Campbell has been a solid 3-4 DE and has 21 sacks and 179 tackles in the last 3 seasons.

    McClellin has a huge upside and can play OLB, DE, ILB so he fits in Ryan scheme of moving players around.

    Montgomery is a proven OG/C that is a solid pass blocker and better run blocker. He adds experience and depth.

    Zeitler might be the best run blocking G in the draft so he's more then worth a 2nd round pick.

    We need to improve our S

    Branch has 337 tackles, 6 sack and 3 ints in the last 3 seasons. He's a solid S and is good at stopping the run.

    Guy is a player I just started reading about and watching but I think he'll be a good fit.

    I was also trying to bring in playmakers

    Floyd is the best WR that's going to be available at 16 and is excellent at going up or out to get ****ty thrown passes, perfect for Shanchez.

    Rainey is a speed demon and can score a lot of different ways.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us