Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pre-combine post-season top 5s.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pre-combine post-season top 5s.

    QB:

    1: Luck - Best prospect in a blahblahblah. Conspiracy: Colts have lined up to draft Elway, Manning, and now Luck. Didn't they have some guy that was good a while back? Aliens?

    2: Robert Griffin - I think he needs a year or two on the bench if you want him to come in and start throwing it like a franchise QB. OTOH, if you want to go old school like the Broncos then he might shine from day one. He can throw the ball way better than Tebow. It sickens me that he would fit perfectly in Miami. He would also fit perfectly here, but the Jets would never go with that kind of offense on the product, even if it's just to bs a couple of seasons as the young player possibly develops.

    3: Brock Osweiler - > Ryan Tanehill as. Would be my choice to scare Sanchez if he came in the 3rd or even 2nd round.

    4: Ryan Tanehill - Not a bad QB prospect, but neither was Kellen Clemens.

    5: Brandon Weeden - Honestly, he might be able to start. Probably ends up a really good backup.

    RB:

    1: Trent Richardson

    2: Lamarr Miller - Well rounded RB prospect with good size and quickness. I like him as RB prospects go. I think maybe even a top 50 talent.

    3: David Wilson - He's fast. May struggle a little early on, but I think he will have 15 minutes in the NFL.

    4: Chris Polk

    5: Doug Martin

    WR:

    1: Justin Blackmon

    2: Kendall Wright

    3: Alshon Jeffery

    4: Michael Floyd

    5: Mohamed Sanu

    TE:

    1: Coby Fleener

    I'm behind here.

    C - Not going 5 unless I do:

    1: Peter Konz

    2: Ben Jones - Aaon Murray will miss him.

    3: Mike Brewster - OSU C has solid size and technique that he recommends you don't sweat.

    G- Not doing 5 unelss I do:

    1: DeCastro

    2: Cordy Glenn - Underrated as a muh.

    3: Brandon Washinton - Road grader.

    4: Kevin Zeitler - Wisconsin has a solid OL history, IIRC.

    5: Kelechi Osemele

    OT:

    1: Matt Kalil - One of the best players in the draft.

    2: Riley Reiff - Extremely well coached under Ferentz like every Iowa OL.

    3: Jonathan Martin - Might end up a LG in the long run.

    4: Mike Adams - The best RT prospect of the 4, but can handle LT.

    5: Cordy Glenn - Underrated as a muh. Coudl be 4.


    I'll do defense later. No FBs.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad. What round do you think we could pick up the RT Mike Adams in?

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing that gets me about Weeden is sense he is 28 will likely go undrafted or a 7th rounder. It can be caulked up to a man in a boys world.

    Take a look at Zebrie Sanders. He should be ranked ahead of Adams. I think he could be a late 1st rounder.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The thing that gets me about Weeden is sense he is 28 will likely go undrafted or a 7th rounder. It can be caulked up to a man in a boys world.

    Take a look at Zebrie Sanders. He should be ranked ahead of Adams. I think he could be a late 1st rounder.
    I like Weeden as a future backup. He's older as a prospect, but 28 at QB isn't such a big deal, especially nowadays where you can't even touch them. He's polished and a good athlete for the position. Plus, who would I put over him? Kirk Cousins? Russel Wilson? Pass.

    Sanders is someone I like, but I think i like Adams a little more.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Not bad. What round do you think we could pick up the RT Mike Adams in?
    Just to bs a guess like a boss...2nd...somewhere in the 2nd.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    WR

    1) Blackmon
    2) Floyd
    3) Wright
    4) Jefferys
    5) Sanu

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    real nice effort. Nick Foles has a chance to be that 3rd QB this year. He will be at Senior Bowl. (as will Weeden).

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    WR

    1) Blackmon
    2) Floyd
    3) Wright
    4) Jefferys
    5) Sanu
    I think both Jeffreys and Wright have more legit #1 potential than Floyd. Floyd is Sanu with slightly more playmaking ability. I do not buy the Fitz comparisons for a second...Fitzgerald was considered the best player in his draft year IIRC...he was also younger, healthier, with no potential character issues.

    I think he's more of a TJ H type than he is a Fitzgerald type...nothing wrong with that eiher.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I like Weeden as a future backup. He's older as a prospect, but 28 at QB isn't such a big deal, especially nowadays where you can't even touch them. He's polished and a good athlete for the position. Plus, who would I put over him? Kirk Cousins? Russel Wilson? Pass.

    Sanders is someone I like, but I think i like Adams a little more.
    I think Weeden will be the 7th QB off the board at best. Nothing against his talent but 28 is just old for a rook. If it takes him 3 years to progress he wouldn't have much of a career. Likely not a QB for the 1st 3 rounds. Remember Chris Weinke? I think Lindley, Cousins, and Foles will be taken before him. I also like Corp but his injury concerns will also have him dropping. I put Weeden in the same boat as Wilson. They will both be discriminated against for physical reasons.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think Weeden will be the 7th QB off the board at best. Nothing against his talent but 28 is just old for a rook. If it takes him 3 years to progress he wouldn't have much of a career. Likely not a QB for the 1st 3 rounds. Remember Chris Weinke? I think Lindley, Cousins, and Foles will be taken before him. I also like Corp but his injury concerns will also have him dropping. I put Weeden in the same boat as Wilson. They will both be discriminated against for physical reasons.
    I like Lindley, Cousins, and Foles enough...I think physically Weeden is right there with them and he's more polished than all of them. I think his floor is higher than that group. I'm pretty confident that he'll make a very competent backup.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defense...

    4-3 DE:

    1 - Quentin Coples - Possibly a blend of Mario Williams and Justin Tuck.

    2 - Whitney Mercilus

    3 - Courtney Upshaw

    4 - Chandler Jones

    5 - Andre Branch

    3-4 OLB

    1 - Nick Perry - Has some similarities to Suggs, but never dominated college for a season like Suggs did.

    2 - Melvin Ingram - Adalius Thomas huh? That would be cool.

    3 - Vinny Curry - I really think this guy can ball. Small school

    4 - Ronnell Lewis - He seems quick twitch.

    5 - Courtney Upshaw/Cam Johnson

    Really a good group...Combine will tell alot of the story, I hope.

    3-4 DE:

    1 - Michael Brockers - I am already pretty devastated that there's 0 chance at landing this guy.

    2 - Dontari Poe

    3 - Fletcher Cox

    4 - Quinton Coples - Possibly could rise at this position.

    5 - Devon Still

    4-3 DT:

    1 - Michael Brockers - Yeah...

    2 - Dontari Poe

    3 - Jerel Worthy - Tons of talent.

    4 - Fletcher Cox

    5 - Devon Still

    4-3 OLB:

    1 - Zach Brown

    2 - Ronnell Lewis

    3 - Bobby Wagner

    4 - Travis Lewis

    5 - David Lavonte


    3-4 ILB:

    1 - Luke Kuechly

    2 - Dont'a Hightower

    3 - Vontaze Burfict

    4 - Bobby Wagner

    5 - Ronnell Lewis/Courtney Upshaw - One of these guys possibly/maybe...or I'm just f'n lazy and waiting for combine.

    3-4 NT:

    1 - Alameda Ta'amu - Arguably the best pure NT in the draft.

    2 - Star Lotulelei

    3 - Josh Chapman

    4 - Mike Martin - I like the undersized NT. Last year there was Whitlock, the year before that guy (Grady?) from Louisvill, and this year is Mike Martin. I like him as much as I liked Whitlock, if not more.

    5- Brandon Thompson

    CB:

    1 - Morris Claiborne - Stud.

    2 - Dre Kirkpatrick

    3 - Janoris Jenkins - You have to wonder about him, but he's loaded with talent.

    4 - Alfonzo Dennard

    5 - Chase Minnifield - Virginia always puts out solid/interesting prospects, and he might be the best of the bunch. Really it's between him and Cam Johnson...

    S:

    1 - Mark Barron

    2 - Robert Lester

    3 - Tramain Thomas

    4 - Markelle Martin

    5 - Harrison Smith
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-18-2012 at 05:40 AM.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm becoming very intrigued by Kendall Wright.

    Seems like people consider him a gamechanging outside deep threat. Considering we had the least explosive plays in the NFL last season....

    Santonio could break huge plays in 2010, don't know if he lost a step in 2011 or motivation, or as I'd like to think it was that he didn't have a legit threat opposite him when we lost Braylon and gained Plax.



    How does Wright compare to Percy Harvin and Mike Wallace? Seems to have similar body type.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I'm becoming very intrigued by Kendall Wright.

    Seems like people consider him a gamechanging outside deep threat. Considering we had the least explosive plays in the NFL last season....

    Santonio could break huge plays in 2010, don't know if he lost a step in 2011 or motivation, or as I'd like to think it was that he didn't have a legit threat opposite him when we lost Braylon and gained Plax.



    How does Wright compare to Percy Harvin and Mike Wallace? Seems to have similar body type.
    the more i read about him the more i think the jets could surprise with him. i think they'd take him over floyd and jeffrey. if the goal of the offense is to open up the running game, he would help do it. though i don't see the jets taking a wr in the first round, i wouldn't be upset.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've changed my mind of Floyd, he's 3rd behind Jeffery for me now. Getting Alshon at 16 would be sweet.

    Robert Lester in the 2nd.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poe should be a NT. No Crick? I think he will be the best 3-4 DE of the group. I love the idea of him in the 2nd round.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Poe should be a NT. No Crick? I think he will be the best 3-4 DE of the group. I love the idea of him in the 2nd round.
    Poe: Should be. #1 conservatively.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us