Mark Brunell - Too old, a non-factor

Resign:
    Jim Leonhard - Need him to groom his replacement

Free Agents:
    Robert Meachem WR - Deep Threat, shouldn't cost a ton
    Calais Campbell DE - Upgrades the pass rush
    Levi Brown RT - Anything is better than Hunter
    Reggie Nelson S - Smith needs to be upgraded
    Brady Quinn - I'd rather have Quinn than Henne, both signal to Sanchez that someone is breathing down his neck. But Henne could be seen as Sparano's guy, which I don't like.

Draft:
    1. Nick Perry OLB - Speed and sacks
    2. Zach Brown ILB - Trade up with Indy, this pick should be worth our 2nd and 3rd. More speed, its a passing league and we have to cover gronk and hernandez.
    4. Brandon Taylor S - He can turn into a quality starter
    5. Will Blackwell OG - Depth on the OL.
    6. Tauren Poole RB - Steal of the draft.
    7. Shaun Powell P - A serious need.

Depth Chart:
    QB: Sanchez/Quinn
    RB: Greene/Poole/McKnight
    FB: Conner

WR: Holmes, Meachem, Kerley, Turner
    TE: Keller, Cumberland

LT: D'Brick
    LG: Slauson
    C: Mangold
    RG: Moore
    RT: Brown

DE: Wilkerson/Devito
    NT: Pouha/Ellis
    DT: Campbell/Dixon

OLB: Perry/Westerman
    ILB: Scott/Brown
    ILB: Harris/Mauga
    OLB: Pace/Maybin

CB: Revis, Cromartie, Wilson
    S: Nelson, Leonhard, Taylor

Overall solid job man.

Cutting Pitoitua would be a huge mistake. He is still very young and gives us excellent depth on the DL. The DL is one of the most in depth positions on this team. Why ruin that?

The Cards would have to be insane to let Campbell go. That being said I would love the pick up, just a tad unrealistic.

Zach Brown is not worth trading up more IMO. I would hate to see us trade up this year.

Also relying on a 6th round pick for decent production at RB is unrealistic. I believe Powell was a 4th round pick and look at the production he put up last year. Although he was barely given a shot. Mcknight would put up bigger and better than Poole if he was to be drafted.

By draft time, Poole will most likely go in the 4th.

Thanks. I only cut Ropati because I added Campbell. This year Marcus Dixon played much better than Ropati(IMO), which is why I chose to cut Ropati.

My Motivation, after watching NYG vs GB, was to add speed to the front 7 so we can get to the QB with as few rushers as possible. Perry and Campbell obviously add pass rush, but we still need to cover. That is why I added Brown. Harris can blitz more and Brown can cover, but we could switch them up from time to time. That was my rationale.

Also, I don't think we need to add stars for the saftey positions, they just need to be a bit faster and more willing to take chances.

One name that I keep seeing is Meachem. This is Justin McCairens version 2.0

Has never started more than 8 games in a year, never caught more than 45 balls in a year. A guy that looks more attractive than he is due to being on a great team with a great QB. He drops too many passes for my liking.

I'm not so sure Levi is an upgrade over Hunter really. Levi is pretty bad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    One name that I keep seeing is Meachem. This is Justin McCairens version 2.0

Has never started more than 8 games in a year, never caught more than 45 balls in a year. A guy that looks more attractive than he is due to being on a great team with a great QB. He drops too many passes for my liking.
    I agree that his name supersedes his talent but I don't think he is as bad McCairens. I also don't think he has as good as hands as everyone thinks as well, he'll drop some passes.

I do think they will look long and hard at him, like the Jets did James Jones last year, who is of very similar stature.