Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

im not making this thread cause he's the most likely pick at 16.

but working on the mock... and he could be in that mix of teen picks.

he fits Rex's D perfectly and Cro can't be long for this team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...lfonzo-dennard

side question: Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery were ejected in the bowl game, who gets picked first?

Hall Of Fame
    Are you going to mock us a CB every year?

Come on.

I would think the CB would go earlier, just based off the draft positions of all the teams and their needs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    side question: Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery were ejected in the bowl game, who gets picked first?
    That's a tough one but even with teams reaching for TEs and big WRs this year and the TE class not being that great I'll pick Dennard.

Jerrery combine is going to make or break his pick. If he shows up heavy and slow he's going to drop into the second round behind Blackmon, Floyd and Wright.

All Pro
    How about Trumaine Johnson and D'anton Lynn being converted to FS in our scheme in the mid after 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Are you going to mock us a CB every year?

Come on.
    considering the Jets picked Revis, Kyle Wilson and traded a 2 for Cro, it's clearly a position they value.

All League
    I will stick a gun in my mouth if we go corner in round one.

Hall Of Fame
    considering the Jets picked Revis, Kyle Wilson and traded a 2 for Cro, it's clearly a position they value.
    Wilson was obviously BAP and we had way fewer needs then as we do now. There is no way we are taking a corner this year, same
    as last year, which if I remember correctly, you spent the whole draft season posting that it could happen.

Why can't Cromartie be long for this team?

The guy is like the 4th best CB in the draft...why go for the 4th best at any position in the teens?

Wouldn't having three young studs at a position be a reason to not draft the 3rd or 4th best CB in the draft?

Oh and all three are pretty studly...

Corner isn't a team need so definitely not. We already have money tied to Revis, Cro, and Wilson. Would be a pretty bad move taking a corner round one from a football and financial point of view. There's no chance it happens either so I'm not concerned.

All Pro
    What about him?

There is one thing I can just about guarantee: He will not be the Jets pick at 16.

Cro can't be long for this team.
    Huh? Where are you getting this? Cro is not perfect but for what he has to put up with lining alongside Revis, he is one of the better options in the whole league to have back there.

I don't see him playing the rest of his whole career with the Jets, but he's not going anywhere next year.

When I say Cro is not long for this team I mean 2 more seasons tops. He turns into a salary cap pumpkin after 2013. We might say so what deal with it then, but it took Kyle Wilson 2 years to get his head above water... again I'm not saying it's the most likely pick but he's a player in the mix.

And Much I see him as the 3rd best corner behind Morris and Dre. But he has skills to be top 10.

Hall Of Fame
    When I say Cro is not long for this team I mean 2 more seasons tops. He turns into a salary cap pumpkin after 2013. We might say so what deal with it then, but it took Kyle Wilson 2 years to get his head above water... again I'm not saying it's the most likely pick but he's a player in the mix.

And Much I see him as the 3rd best corner behind Morris and Dre. But he has skills to be top 10.
    So just to get this straight we would consider someone to draft that would be useful in 2 years even though we have no #1 WR, no starting caliber safety's and our linebackers currently consist of Harris and Pace.

Am I getting this correctly???

He is not on the map, let alone in the mix.

All Pro
    Jets are not going CB in round 1 so just stop it.....

0.00000% chance it happens....

Hall Of Fame
    Nothing new here with Bit and his obsession of corners not named Cromartie...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=226696

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So just to get this straight we would consider someone to draft that would be useful in 2 years even though we have no #1 WR, no starting caliber safety's and our linebackers currently consist of Harris and Pace.

Am I getting this correctly???

He is not on the map, let alone in the mix.
    if you look at various mocks

this name Dennard appears at 12 SEA, 14 DAL and he is usually off the board by 17 CIN. he seems to have mid-first value. He is on the map, at least pending workouts. heck maybe he runs a 4.3 and goes top 10 and pushes others down. but he's widely considered better than Prince Amukamara who went around 20 to the Giants. He's known as a big physical man to man corner who doesn't mind being left on an island. So he's gotta be a name in that 16 area.

and in a more general sense the Jets are like CB the way Giants draft DE. Kyle Wilson was a BAP pick and Dennard could be too!

The Jets pick up Maybin on the wire that's how they supplement the linebacker corp. Whether we agree with it or or not, that's what they do.

EDIT i misread Jasons Page.

2012 is basically cro's last year on the team

http://nyjetscap.com/antoniocromartie.html

Hall Of Fame
    if you look at various mocks

this name Dennard appears at 12 SEA, 14 DAL and he is usually off the board by 17 CIN. he seems to have mid-first value. He is on the map, at least pending workouts. heck maybe he runs a 4.3 and goes top 10 and pushes others down. but he's widely considered better than Prince Amukamara who went around 20 to the Giants. He's known as a big physical man to man corner who doesn't mind being left on an island. So he's gotta be a name in that 16 area.

and in a more general sense the Jets are like CB the way Giants draft DE. Kyle Wilson was a BAP pick and Dennard could be too!

The Jets pick up Maybin on the wire that's how they supplement the linebacker corp. Whether we agree with it or or not, that's what they do.
    As always you are looking at things way to black and white.

Just because they did something one time, doesn't mean it will be the same this time.

If Tanny and Rex take a corner I really might stop following this team. Unless they are drafting a Revis clone, it would be right up there with Gholston in terms of draft fails.

Also, there is no way he will be BAP at 16. 16 is a rare spot for us in that their will still be some serious, serious talent. Not a BAP at 30 ala Wilson, but a game changing receiver, linebacker, or olineman.

Corner at 16 with possibly the best CB group in the game is to stupid to even describe, I am literally getting angry thinking about it. Tanny and Rex may like corners but they are not that dumb.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 01-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.