Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: draft RT candidates

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    i saw a mock with glen going to us in the first. completely disagree with that. wouldnt hate him in the 2nd though. my guess is that we address rt via free agency. just like safety.
    Problem is, if you solve the RT situation in FA, you're probably going to overpay for a guy like Demetrius Bell or Levi Brown, who don't have nearly as much potential as Cordy Glenn.

Drafting Glenn in the 1st round gives us a potentially dominant RT at around 4 years $8 million. That's peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    I could see them trading up to get a higher 2nd round pick to grab a player they like.
    that i could see, if there's a wr or OT they see as an instant starter, it could be worth it. but not in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Problem is, if you solve the RT situation in FA, you're probably going to overpay for a guy like Demetrius Bell or Levi Brown, who don't have nearly as much potential as Cordy Glenn.

Drafting Glenn in the 1st round gives us a potentially dominant RT at around 4 years $8 million. That's peanuts.
    Bell is a good player but we'll probably have to overpay for him.

Levi Brown is a sh_tty pass protector. I can't believe his name gets thrown around here he is just as much of a turnstile as Wayne Hunter but at twice the cost. If Levi Brown was not a 1st round pick none of you guys would be talking about him at all.

Mike Adams is the guy you want at RT for the Jets next season. If he somehow falls to round 2 the Jets better trade up and snatch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Adams 2nd round.
    I would yay to that.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think Adcock in the third round would be a nice pick.
    Id love to see adcock available in the 3rd round, seems like he will probably be gone by then though.

I don't want to spend a first round pick on a RT. Its too early and we need help at OLB, and Ingrham or upshaw should be sitting there for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Mike Adams is the guy you want at RT for the Jets next season. If he somehow falls to round 2 the Jets better trade up and snatch him.

He's holding