Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: draft RT candidates

  1. #1

    draft RT candidates

    listed alphabetically

    Mike Adams, Ohio State
    Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
    Cordy Glenn, Georgia
    Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Brandon Mosely, Auburn
    Zebrie Sanders, Florida State



    first disclaimer I am not necessarily advocating a pick of these players at 16. these More likely to be 2nd or even 3rd round targets.

    however it is possible that one of these names could prove themselves Rt candidates worthy of the pick.

    second disclaimer we don't really know of a couple of these players can play right tackle. workouts and senior bowl could answer that question as well. these guys might be guards at the next level.

    right now It's hard to say but Osemele and Glenn seem ground and pound.
    Last edited by bitonti; 01-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.

  2. #2
    side note why is it ok for Pittsburgh to draft Cordy Glenn or Osemele at 24 but it's outrageous for the Jets at 16? it's only 8 slots

  3. #3
    8 slots is relative. 8 slots in the 7th round is insignificant. 8 slots in the 1st round - and the very part of the first round where the talent dropoff is greatest - is astronomically higher.

  4. #4
    Adams 2nd round.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,143
    I'm gonna bump the Cordy Glenn interview.

    I WOULD take Cordy Glenn at #16 if there are no takers for us to trade back or any "impact" OLBs left at that spot that we (ie FO or fans) are in LOVE with.

    Cordy Glenn can play up to 4 positions on the Oline and START RIGHT AWAY. with the amount of $$$ we have tied in the Oline (Moore,Brick,Mangold) and STILL needing help/depth, he'd be an excellent upgrade at a reasonable price w/the the new CBA for rookies.

    Glenn = MONSTER who is VERSATILE VERSATILE VERSATILE

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,709
    I want anyone that can make this stop:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZ-R...eature=related

  7. #7
    What about Levy Adcock from Ok St.

    Definitely a road grading type of RT.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    8 slots is relative. 8 slots in the 7th round is insignificant. 8 slots in the 1st round - and the very part of the first round where the talent dropoff is greatest - is astronomically higher.
    i guess but the expectations are the same. whether it's 16 or 24 you want a great player. It's not like the Jets are drafting at 5 overall and will have the pick of the litter. they are kind of in no mans land.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What about Levy Adcock from Ok St.

    Definitely a road grading type of RT.
    yup Ill throw him on the list too.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    896
    I would have no issue drafting a stud RT *cough* glenn *cough* at 16. I also wouldn't mind drafting a Guard with the second round pick. If you can get a top notch O-line, that will go a long way in solving some of the Offensive issues. Although It won't be the sexy pick and it wouldn't help right away, it a couple of years, the jets will be Stout on Offense.

  11. #11
    let me also add the vet FA market for RT is flat out awful. Bell was injured all year. Brown sucks. McKensie is old. Drafting a RT really might be the best way forward.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    let me also add the vet FA market for RT is flat out awful. Bell was injured all year. Brown sucks. McKensie is old. Drafting a RT really might be the best way forward.
    i'd be very surprised if the jets didn't draft a RT in the first 2 rounds.

  13. #13
    I'd take Zebrie in the 2nd or Levy Adcock in the 3rd.

  14. #14
    Prefer Adcock/Osomele in the later rounds

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    listed alphabetically

    Mike Adams, Ohio State
    Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
    Cordy Glenn, Georgia
    Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
    Zebrie Sanders, Florida State

    first disclaimer I am not necessarily advocating a pick of these players at 16. these More likely to be 2nd or even 3rd round targets.

    however it is possible that one of these names could prove themselves Rt candidates worthy of the pick.

    second disclaimer we don't really know of a couple of these players can play right tackle. workouts and senior bowl could answer that question as well. these guys might be guards at the next level.

    right now It's hard to say but Osemele and Glenn seem ground and pound.
    i saw a mock with glen going to us in the first. completely disagree with that. wouldnt hate him in the 2nd though. my guess is that we address rt via free agency. just like safety.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,169
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What about Levy Adcock from Ok St.

    Definitely a road grading type of RT.
    I think Adcock in the third round would be a nice pick.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'd be very surprised if the jets didn't draft a RT in the first 2 rounds.
    I agree but wouldn't be surprised if they traded back a few spots to gather extra picks if their top rated person isn't available. This team has lots of needs.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I agree but wouldn't be surprised if they traded back a few spots to gather extra picks if their top rated person isn't available. This team has lots of needs.
    Every year we talk about the Jets trading back to get extra pick but they trade up and lose picks. This isn't the New England Patriots who have 10 picks to play with every year.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    Every year we talk about the Jets trading back to get extra pick but they trade up and lose picks. This isn't the New England Patriots who have 10 picks to play with every year.
    i think this could be a year they trade back, if they have a trading partner.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,208
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think this could be a year they trade back, if they have a trading partner.
    I could see them trading up to get a higher 2nd round pick to grab a player they like.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us