Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Very Early DraftDaddy Mock

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Very Early DraftDaddy Mock

http://draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2012.htm

This might be the earliest on record for you Matt. Nice work

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Richardson is worth #5, I don't see TB going that way w/LaGarrette Blount already on board.

Do you think Rams go w/LT again despite the need? My question is due to the money tied up in J. Smith. I know Kalil is "can't miss." I think the rams would go with defense, especially in a division that doesn't scare anyone w/their QBs (NFC West) and is loaded with Big RBs - M. Lynch, B. Wells, Ryan Williams, F. Gore.

I like the Ingram pick but prefer the Jets go O-Line (Glenn) or WR (Sanu) if that's how the board fell to them @ #16. Rex has SHOWN he can coach up players and thus not a HIGH premium on defensive players. We need to shore up our offense with IMMEDIATE talent injection.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rams fans will riot if they pick another offensive lineman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    figures...Minnifield is one of my favorite, slightly under the radar players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Ingram pick......if Alson or Mark Barron drop out of the 1st we should trade up for one of them.....both are beasts I positions of need

Pretty funny how the CB from Nebraska, Denard made the 1st round and Alshon Jeffrey didn't considering Jeffrey put up a TD and 160 yards in 1 half when they faced eachother in the capital one bowl.....absolutely abused him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought: Not that Riley Cooper would stop them from drafting Floyd, but I think they may consider him as an in house option for the big WR.

I think they may go DT to upgrade the spot next to Jenkins or OLB. Admittedly, I don't know how well their OL played last year - do they need any upgrades there?

what are your thoughts?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brock Osweiler as a cusp 1st rounder? You know more than I do but every time I saw him play at ASU he looked like a mid rounder, tops, to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Love the Ingram pick......if Alson or Mark Barron drop out of the 1st we should trade up for one of them.....both are beasts I positions of need

Pretty funny how the CB from Nebraska, Denard made the 1st round and Alshon Jeffrey didn't considering Jeffrey put up a TD and 160 yards in 1 half when they faced eachother in the capital one bowl.....absolutely abused him
    while i'm not a fan of dennard, most of those stats came from a fluke hail mary at the end of the first half. while you can give jeffrey props for making the play, you can't exactly blame dennard for it. there was a number of players (both teams) around them, and it wasn't a regular one-on-one matchup. the whole defense failed on that play, not just dennard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Redskins like Williams at LT, but I could see them going Reiff. I think they're a threat for Blackmon, but I really like the fit with the Jaguars. Brockers to the Panthers felt the same.

Coples goes earlier.

This whole Adalius Thomas thing with Ingram is interesting.

Do you really think Osweiler might be just outside the first right now? Combine will clear so much up...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    while i'm not a fan of dennard, most of those stats came from a fluke hail mary at the end of the first half. while you can give jeffrey props for making the play, you can't exactly blame dennard for it. there was a number of players (both teams) around them, and it wasn't a regular one-on-one matchup. the whole defense failed on that play, not just dennard.
    That's true, but it was similar to the Nicks hail mary IMO.....Jeffrey simply jumped higher than anyone and snagged it out of the air...it wasn't like it bounced around or deflected off people

But anyway, Jeffrey was abusing Denard other than that play....he also caught a 70 yard bomb past Denard as well as a few other nice catches over him

I mean he was beating him so badly it caused Denard to lose his cool he started swinging at him.....Jeffrey "retaliated" by pushing Denard in the facemask and both players were ejected

My main point was that Jeffrey was easily the better player when they matched up against eachother and I just thought it was funny that Denard made the 1st round but not the guy who beat him
    Last edited by King Koopa; 01-18-2012 at 01:06 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's true, but it was similar to the Nicks hail mary IMO.....Jeffrey simply jumped higher than anyone and snagged it out of the air...it wasn't like it bounced around or deflected off people

But anyway, Jeffrey was abusing Denard other than that play....he also caught a 70 yard bomb past Denard as well as a few other nice catches over him

I mean he was beating him so badly it caused Denard to lose his cool he started swinging at him.....Jeffrey "retaliated" by pushing Denard in the facemask and both players were ejected

My main point was that Jeffrey was easily the better player when they matched up against eachother and I just thought it was funny that Denard made the 1st round but not the guy who beat him
    i can agree, although i dislike jeffrey a lot. he's the next wr that becomes super fat. he already pretty much is fat, and he's in college without pro money. go read bit's thread about dennard, my post is the last post, and i share what i think of dennard (and as a husker fan, i watched him plenty).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    i can agree, although i dislike jeffrey a lot. he's the next wr that becomes super fat. he already pretty much is fat, and he's in college without pro money. go read bit's thread about dennard, my post is the last post, and i share what i think of dennard (and as a husker fan, i watched him plenty).
    That is very unfair IMO.....You are not inside the head of these guys, how can you predict who will get fat lol.....

He was never a problem with the Gamecocks at all and everyone thought of him as a hard worker and good leader during his time there....

Jeffrey is not skinny but he destroyed SEC defenses since day 1.....I don't know how anyone who actually watched Jeffrey play could not want him on the jets....you weren't impressed with him against your team? Makes no sense.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rams should be taking Blackmon. Too bad Smith the OT they picked about a two years ago looks like a bust but St. Louis has ignored weapons for Bradford for a few years now. They have the back in jackson, they have theri QB, time to get their beast receiver.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the feedback and to JOnE for the Shout out. I'll try to respond to all comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    While Richardson is worth #5, I don't see TB going that way w/LaGarrette Blount already on board.
    TR is the hardest player for me to mock draft. He's an absolute stud at a position that no one really values anymore. He could go anywhere in the top 20 and it wouldn't surprise me. Heck the Browns could take him at 4, instead of a QB.

Do you think Rams go w/LT again despite the need? My question is due to the money tied up in J. Smith. I know Kalil is "can't miss."
    Jason Smith we have to consider to be done or at least a huge disappointment. he's not a reason not to draft an OT. Last I saw he was the 2nd string RT. I figure Sam Bradford needs to be protected. Jeff Fisher will try to hold RG3 for ransom but the only problem there is no one really believes the rams will draft another QB.

I like the Ingram pick but prefer the Jets go O-Line (Glenn) or WR (Sanu) if that's how the board fell to them @ #16. Rex has SHOWN he can coach up players and thus not a HIGH premium on defensive players. We need to shore up our offense with IMMEDIATE talent injection.
    Again I agree with you that the Jets aren't likely to make this OLB pick. The last time they tried to draft a pass rusher it absolutely burned them. But Ingram seems to fit their system and it is a huge need. Glenn I am interested to see at Senior Bowl but might be a late 1 or even beyond that (fat OL from Georgia not a premium value). Sanu I like but again it's not a pick the JEts are likely to make. they will probably sign a FA WR rather than develop one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with this comment, it is funny. Dennard seems like the type of player to be helped by combine, while Jeffrey will likely be hurt by the combine (timed speed).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Brock Osweiler as a cusp 1st rounder? You know more than I do but every time I saw him play at ASU he looked like a mid rounder, tops, to me.
    he's tall but he's also an athlete, and that's rare. He also completed 63% at ASu without alot of help. I suspect he rises, and he could even be that 3rd QB in the 1st round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Just a thought: Not that Riley Cooper would stop them from drafting Floyd, but I think they may consider him as an in house option for the big WR.

I think they may go DT to upgrade the spot next to Jenkins or OLB. Admittedly, I don't know how well their OL played last year - do they need any upgrades there?

what are your thoughts?
    that is also a possibility. I projected a DT to the Eagles last year, they didn't do it. They really need Luke Kuekley but of course they won't do that, it's too smart.
    Last edited by bitonti; 01-18-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Rams should be taking Blackmon.
    Blackmon certainly could go higher. the Jags are his floor. If he runs like a speed demon, i.e. Calvin Johnson, he definitely rises. I suspect he's not that fast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see your reasoning behind the surprising risers and fallers:

Mike Adams, Fletcher Cox and Nick Perry go very early while others like Quinton Coples, Alshon Jeffery or Mark Barron go fairly late. I could see all of those happening but I would still like to hear why you projected them where you have em.

BTW no offense but dont you want to do a little to the layout of the site. It kinda diminishes everything else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Would like to see your reasoning behind the surprising risers and fallers:

Mike Adams, Fletcher Cox and Nick Perry go very early while others like Quinton Coples, Alshon Jeffery or Mark Barron go fairly late. I could see all of those happening but I would still like to hear why you projected them where you have em.
    EARLY

Adams has all the intangibles and toughness that OL coaches value. He was an elite player before the season and suspensions, with a good spring he can be elite again. Possible 10 year starter type.

Cox is way underrated right now. He's possibly the best pure pass rushing DT in the draft. There are better players against the run etc but he gets great penetration

Nick Perry is a perfect fit for Seattle, replacing chris Clemons. If he runs well he can be a top pick as well. Even could be in the mix with Buffalo at 10.

LATE

Coples reminds me of DaQuan Bowers. Not for knee reasons but a so called elite player that falls for various reasons. His motor doesn't run all the time, that's a problem for a DL. He's also a DT/DE tweener and his sacks come against bad competition for the most part. there's alot to like but also alot to nit pick.

Jeffery will fall due to timed speed, it's that simple. if he runs a 4.3 he's an elite pick. I doubt that will happen.

Mark Barron is a nice player but he's not Ed Reed and there's no compelling reason for any team to take a SS in the first round. Maybe Denver to replace Dawks but even that might be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    BTW no offense but dont you want to do a little to the layout of the site. It kinda diminishes everything else.
    I don't take offense to it, to be honest I like the site stupid simple. Like Craigslist. In other years I had alot of pictures and other stuff, i felt it didn't matter. I try to keep the overhead very low. If the content is good people will find it. Right now I am aware there are 1000 other competitors and I'm not trying to beat anyone out. I do this as a hobby and if people like it they like it. If not, oh well.

In my experience The site gets good feedback from the agents, scouting community and journalists. alot of people who aren't young, and like the big typeface. It's not really designed to appeal to wide audience.
    Last edited by bitonti; 01-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.