Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama administration Rejects Keystone pipeline permit

Obama administration Rejects Keystone pipeline permit

So there you go. Breaking news all round, Keystone Pipeline is Kaput.

Three Years of Environemntal Review, then an artificial deadline set by (R), and then the Obama Admin denying it because the two months they had left would "not allow enough time for an Environmental Review".

Fail all round, your (R) and (D) in action.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-18-2012 at 04:30 PM.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4336460]So there you go. Breaking news all round, Keystone Pipeline is Kaput.

Three Years of Environemntal Review, then an artificial deadline set by (R), and then the Obama Admin denying it because the two months they had left would "not allow enough time for an Environmental Review".

Fail all round, your (R) and (D)[B] in action[/B].[/QUOTE]

INACTION:steamin:

Im glad the President stood by his base.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4336478]Im glad the President stood by his base.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. A party's candidate can stand by his base (though they ought to get punished by independents for doing so). A President needs to stand by his [I][B]country.[/B][/I]

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4336493]I'm not. A party's candidate can stand by his base (though they ought to get punished by independents for doing so). A President needs to stand by his [I][B]country.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Today, Obama killed jobs... Anyone happy about him standing by his base while killing jobs is a giant hypocrite...

But we already knew that...

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4336493]I'm not. A party's candidate can stand by his base (though they ought to get punished by independents for doing so). A President needs to stand by his [I][B]country.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

+1

When an (R) Stands by his base, Bit calls it "pandering to the special interests and corporate oligarchy".

Guess Environmentalist Anti-Growth Advocates aren't a special interest.

With that said, I'm more unhappy that after three full years of review, it wasn't enough time to complete the impact review. That, more than anything, shows one of teh major problems withour Governemnt these days, death by red-tape regulatory inaction.

Anyone want to guess how much has been spent on the review and it's related to this point by the Federal Government?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]In September 2009, independent refiner CVR sued TransCanada's for Keystone Pipeline tolls seeking $250 million damage compensation or release from transportation agreements. CVR alleged that the final tolls for the Canadian segment of the pipeline were 146% higher than initially presented, while the tolls for the US segment were 92% higher. In April 2010, three smaller refineries sued TransCanada to break Keystone transportation contracts, saying the new pipeline has been beset with cost overruns.[/QUOTE]

Beset with cost overruns.

IMPOSSIBRO!!! Not in the private world-world-world-world-world-world

An oil line over the largest freshwater aquifer in the country. What's the deal?

Fracking!!!
    UHHH!!

It's so AWEEEESSSSOOOMMMEE!!

Oh.

Herpy derpy.

Earthquake levels increase by 200% in areas where companies inject chemical laden waste-water into the ground.

Whoops.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 01-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4336522]F*cking environmentalist-run oil refinery companies suing this totally patrio-fantastic, flying eagle of freedom project.

Have they no couth?[/QUOTE]

What does an accounting cost over-run issue have to do with the Environmental Impact Study (the cause of the denial)?

Why do you constantly shift off the issue itself, on to unrelated and irrelevant things?

Your post has not a single thing to do with the topic. It wasn't canceleld due to cost overruns or corproate disagreements on cost estimates.

For once, could you just try to stay on topic?

Just to help, the topic is:

1. Pipeline Denied due to Three Years Not Being Long Enough to Do a Thorough Review.

2. (R) Set an Arbitray and Artificual Deadline based on Politics.

Pretty much if it doesn't hit on 1. or 2. it's off topic.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4336529]
    1. Pipeline Denied due to Three Years Not Being Long Enough to Do a Thorough Review.
    [/QUOTE]

Who's fault is that? Governments? or how about the corporations that run the business?

I don't think it's too much to ask, once these pipelines are built they live forever.

it should be noted there was a serious outcry from the people of Nebraska. What about states rights?

one other point all this talk about jobs? What jobs? The jobs for the mostly already built pipeline? That last 12 months?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4336522]
    An oil line over the largest freshwater aquifer in the country. What's the deal?
    [/QUOTE]

One day in the not so distant future fresh water might be more valuable than crude oil.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4336534]
    one other point all this talk about jobs? What jobs? The jobs for the mostly already built pipeline? That last 12 months?[/QUOTE]

You're on record saying one job is better than no jobs...

I'd tread very carefully here... Lest you look like a hypocrite...

Never mind. I forgot who I'm speaking to...

[QUOTE=bitonti;4336534]Who's fault is that? Governments?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]or how about the corporations that run the business?[/quote]

If you feel the fault is theirs that the Fed. Govt. was unable to perform it's EIS over three+ years, please cite your reason/source.

[QUOTE]I don't think it's too much to ask, once these pipelines are built they live forever. [/QUOTE]

I agree fully. It's not the EIS, it's the failure to get one done after more than three years.

[QUOTE]it should be noted there was a serious outcry from the people of Nebraska. What about states rights?[/QUOTE]

A concept you have expressed zero support for? Predictable that you'd only find use for it when politically expedient. Because we're to believe you suddenly have a deep respect for States Rights, right?

[quote]one other point all this talk about jobs? What jobs? The jobs for the mostly already built pipeline? That last 12 months?[/QUOTE]

More partisan politics. Obama creates two jobs at a cost to taxapayers of $1.2 mil. each, it's a huge win.

Private industry creates any jobs, doesn't matter, means nothing.

The Bit Law of Political Discourse wins again.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4336534]Who's fault is that? Governments? or how about the corporations that run the business?

I don't think it's too much to ask, once these pipelines are built they live forever.

it should be noted there was a serious outcry from the people of Nebraska. [B]What about states rights?[/B]

one other point all this talk about jobs? What jobs? The jobs for the mostly already built pipeline? That last 12 months?[/QUOTE]

Is that what you said about the Ari, SC, etc illegal immigration bills?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4336529]Pipeline Denied due to Three Years Not Being Long Enough to Do a Thorough Review...[/QUOTE]

If you really think that's the reason it failed to pass....then I have a few bridges to sell you.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4336543]
    If you feel the fault is theirs that the Fed. Govt. was unable to perform it's EIS over three+ years, please cite your reason/source.

[/QUOTE]

it wasn't just doing an Environmental study

it was doing a study that came to a positive conclusion.

im sure they could have done a study that said this was a bad idea, in short shrift.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4336543]
    A concept you have expressed zero support for? Predictable that you'd only find use for it when politically expedient. Because we're to believe you suddenly have a deep respect for States Rights, right?[/QUOTE]

Im bringing up a concept that right wingers supposedly have a great respect for, to prove a point. It's called debate. Funny how the right wing wants to ignore states rights and have the State Dept overrule them on Keystone. I guess that is the definition of politically expedient, amirite?

So go on record again, Bit.

You do not want 6,000 American jobs created, albeit temporarily?

That doesn't jive with your agenda of the super, shovel ready job creating Presidential campaign of 2008?

[QUOTE=bitonti;4336602]Im bringing up a concept that right wingers supposedly have a great respect for, to prove a point. It's called debate.[/quote]

And I'm pointing out that you are a raging hypocrite on the issue. It's called obvious.

[QUOTE]Funny how the right wing wants to ignore states rights and have the State Dept overrule them on Keystone.[/QUOTE]

Funny how a guy who loathes the entire idea of States Rights now thinks it's cool since it supports his side.

[quote]I guess that is the definition of politically expedient, amirite?[/QUOTE]

Not for me, I support States Rights fully. The denial here is not a States Rights issue, any more than Abortion is an issue about Rape and Incest.

Jets Insider VIP
    lolz @ people who think that homeless tree huggers had the power to stop this.

Follow the money, folks. Jesus H. Christ.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4336658]lolz @ people who think that homeless tree huggers had the power to stop this.

Follow the money, folks. Jesus H. Christ.[/QUOTE]

Whaddya mean?