Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama administration Rejects Keystone pipeline permit

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did Canada not want to build it thru their own country?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4336685]Why did Canada not want to build it thru their own country?[/QUOTE]

They don't have the available refinery capacity (and note that it isn't "canada" at all - its a private canadian company)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4336718]They don't have the available refinery capacity (and note that it isn't "canada" at all - its a private canadian company)[/QUOTE]

Why not build more refineries on their west coast? Easier trip to China too?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://agent3155.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/keith_stone2.jpg[/IMG]

Keith Stone needs no permit to lay pipe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4336670]Whaddya mean?[/QUOTE]

I mean....

Only an intelligence challenged fool would think that a bunch of Prius driving, granola eating, Portlandia watching, dirty OWS freaks can hold sway over our government.

Follow the f*cking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

dumba**es.....:D;):P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frostlich;4336858][IMG]http://agent3155.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/keith_stone2.jpg[/IMG]

Keith Stone needs no permit to lay pipe.[/QUOTE]

this is easily my favorite post ever on this message board.

someone turn off the lights, we are done here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4336460]So there you go. Breaking news all round, Keystone Pipeline is Kaput.

Three Years of Environemntal Review, then an artificial deadline set by (R), and then the Obama Admin denying it because the two months they had left would "not allow enough time for an Environmental Review".

Fail all round, your (R) and (D) in action.[/QUOTE]

If NPR was accurate in their reporting today, Obama was correct to deny approval. As long as no plan had been put forth to circumvent Nebraska's aquifer, the pipeline would have been challenged immediately in court. The deal was that once Nebraska refused access over their aquifer the oil barons had to come up with a legitimate alternative. They tried to ramrod it through without a completed plan then went on the attack in the media when it was turned down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4336996]If NPR was accurate in their reporting today, Obama was correct to deny approval. As long as no plan had been put forth to circumvent Nebraska's aquifer, the pipeline would have been challenged immediately in court. The deal was that once Nebraska refused access over their aquifer the oil barons had to come up with a legitimate alternative. They tried to ramrod it through without a completed plan then went on the attack in the media when it was turned down.[/QUOTE]

No.

[B][SIZE="7"]NO!!![/SIZE][/B]

It was broke hippies that stopped this. Broke, dirty, smelly hippies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4337036]No.

[B][SIZE="7"]NO!!![/SIZE][/B]

It was broke hippies that stopped this. Broke, dirty, smelly hippies.[/QUOTE]

War.

Garbl.

Follow the tinfoil hats man, the TINFOIL HATS!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4336888]I mean....

[B]Only an intelligence challenged fool would think that a bunch of Prius driving, granola eating, Portlandia watching, dirty OWS freaks can hold sway over our government[/B].

Follow the f*cking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

dumba**es.....:D;):P[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you said that...but who believes that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find Portlandia to be consistently far funnier than PK.

Just for the record.

:eek::huh::O

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a pipeline map of the USA... Yet Keystone is going to endanger an aquifier.... :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://www.theodora.com/pipelines/united_states_pipelines_map.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4337350]Yet Keystone is going to endanger an aquifier.... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!

Warmer....warmer....

Almost there, Dean-O....almost there....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4336493]I'm not. A party's candidate can stand by his base (though they ought to get punished by independents for doing so). A President needs to stand by his [I][B]country.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

To bad politicians dont think that way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4336536]One day in the not so distant future fresh water might be more valuable than crude oil.[/QUOTE]

How many of Obama's green energy are left after he spent millions of our tax money on his green friends!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4336610]So go on record again, Bit.

You do not want 6,000 American jobs created, albeit temporarily?

That doesn't jive with your agenda of the super, shovel ready job creating Presidential campaign of 2008?[/QUOTE]

not at the cost of fresh water aquafers or the environment in general

environment is as important as economy. if you destroy one you can't have the other

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DeanPatsFan, you seem to have an argument with Nebraska, not the federal government. Don't you think it Nebraska denied access through its aquifer that the Oil Companies have an obligation to come up with an alternative route? Warfish is complaining about the length of time for approval, but I would think this would be a very complex process if it involves review and approval by every state the pipeline passes through. It's not simply a federal fiat. Not to mention that it involves trans-national boundaries as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4337677] It's not simply a federal fiat.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is. This (unlike so many things attached to it these days) is a clear-cut case of Federal Commerce Clause power, regulation on Inter-State and Inter-National commerce. To claim it's not a Federal Fiat is blame-shifting, because it absolutely is, just like say, Immigration enforcement.

Let me be clear here, I don't care about the pipeline, and it's failure to come to fruitition I blame on both sides, not (D) alone. Pipeline or not, I can afford my energy bills no sweat, so means nothing to me.

I also support States rights, and if Nebraska has a good case, they can (like other States on other issues) take the Feds to court, and I'd root for them to win. If the aquifer is indeed a huge risk, then I'd support the State in defeating it.

But claiming the env. review wasn't primary a Federal responsabillity, or that the decision is not primarily a federal decision is simply dishonest protectionism of the President from potential political fallout. It absolutely was (in the end) a Federal decision.

If they had come out and said "We've looked for three years, it's too dangerous to the environment because of X, Y and Z", I'd have no issue.

It's the "well, we didn't have enough time" that is, frankly, a crock of crap, and as I said earlier, one reflection of whats so wrong with the U.S. these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The case could be made that the GOP didn't really want a pipeline. They just wanted to complain about it.

someone who really wanted a pipeline wouldn't put an arbitrary deadline on the decision.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4337677]DeanPatsFan, you seem to have an argument with Nebraska, not the federal government. Don't you think it Nebraska denied access through its aquifer that the Oil Companies have an obligation to come up with an alternative route? Warfish is complaining about the length of time for approval, but I would think this would be a very complex process if it involves review and approval by every state the pipeline passes through. It's not simply a federal fiat. Not to mention that it involves trans-national boundaries as well.[/QUOTE]

Even if Nebraska approved, do you think Obama would give the go ahead and piss off his enviro-nazi friends?

I highly doubt it....

Are you paying 3.50 per gallon of gas? Thank a Dim...