Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Wilson: The next great one

I agree with you mick, not a whole lot after the top 3. Let's hope we can scoop wilson up in the 2nd, so we can start lighting ****ers up.

I like Wlson.....would def take him in the 2nd

Polk seems ordinary to me, Miller would be fine in the 2nd but ehhh

I have always been a big fan of LaMichael James to be honest.....our team needs guys that can create huge plays and I think James will be a really nice player in the NFL....Would take him in the 3rd and maybe the 2nd if he lights up the combine

I really like Lamarr Miller. I think her be huge here.

All Pro
    Polk and LaMichael James just have too many touches for me. Polk carried the ball 799 times in his college career, James in only three years had 771 carries without being particularly big. Not to mention James had a bunch of nagging injuries at the end of his career.

I would love to get either Miller or Wilson as a complement to Greene. Not at #16 though, either in the second or through trading back.

All Pro
    There's a lot to like in his game.

The main thing that jumps out is balance. He takes hits and rotates his body well to keep upright -- that's not something you can teach. Speed and acceleration are also impressive.

He does have a problem with ball security, and watching this video, you can see he doesn't hold the ball properly; that will get exposed in the NFL. It's correctable though.

His running style does remind me a little of McFadden. Is he a low 4.3 guy or a mid 4.4 guy? That's a big difference.

Wilson is probably the 2nd best back in this draft, likely gone by the time the Jets pick in the 2nd round and I don't think they should spend a 1st on him, given all of the other needs and players who are likely to be around at 16.

I don't have any issue if they do take him in the 2nd if he's still on the board, it just means McKnight or Powell get the boot. No harm there.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    A ton? Who do you think is going to be good other then Polk and Wilson?
    Bernard Pierce is going to have a great career. He reminds me of curtis Martin.

Ronnie Hillman is extremely underrated a poor man's Marshall Faulk.

Vick Ballard is a bruiser. Brandon Bolden too, both underrated SEC players.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Bernard Pierce is going to have a great career. He reminds me of curtis Martin.

Ronnie Hillman is extremely underrated a poor man's Marshall Faulk.

Vick Ballard is a bruiser. Brandon Bolden too, both underrated SEC players.
    Didn't Pierce get injured every season?

Hillman should be a good change of pace back but I don't ever see him as a starter or breaking 500 yards rushing.

I think Ballard has the best chance of success out of these backs but still don't see him as anything more the a jag.

I think there's a lot of average backs and change of pace backs this year. It's a good year to add a solid back up for depth but outside of Richardson and maybe Polk I don't see anyone that I think will be a main back.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    I don't see anyone that I think will be a main back.
    main backs dont really exist anymore. Almost every team runs some kind of tandem.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    main backs dont really exist anymore. Almost every team runs some kind of tandem.
    Very true, I meant someone who would be the main focus of the running game. Like Greene is with us I think most of the guys outside of the top ones are more like McKnight. Change of pace guys that will get 5 or 6 touches a game.

Wilson is my favorite rb in this class. very good balance, runs with great pad level, has tremendous football speed.

Someone mentioned Reggie Bush, I don't see the comparison.
    Wilson doesn't dance and hits holes much faster.

The Jets need a new starting rb, and should be using Greene is a Brandon Jacobs type role.

one of next year's goals for the Jets per Rex is to get huge clips of yardage at a time. If true, a homerun rb like Wilson in round 2 would be a good fit.

I agree Monster. Hopefully Mr. T will find a way to get him on the squad next year. Love this guy.

All League
    I would like to see us add another RB in the 3-5 round range, but let's not forget with a full off-season of strength & conditioning as well as learning the playbook, Bilal Powell will be much better in his second year. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I would like to see us add another RB in the 3-5 round range, but let's not forget with a full off-season of strength & conditioning as well as learning the playbook, Bilal Powell will be much better in his second year. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress.
    I think it has less to do with the playback and more to do with training and probably steroids. Look at Ray Rice year one to year 2... looked like a different guy.