Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 143

Thread: The "List Of Things The Jets Have Said About Each Other" Thread

  1. #41
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    176
    Rex also said Shotty's offensive verbiage was too complex.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    List updated with new quotes.

    SAR I
    What about Brandon Jacobs?

  3. #43
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    What about Brandon Jacobs?
    "Shut up fat boy" towards the top of the list.

    SAR I

  4. #44
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    New Revis quote added to the list:

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...03&postcount=1

    SAR I

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    "Ignore list" is the functional equivalent of squinting your eyes and clamping your hands against your ears while repeatedly chanting "la, la, la, la...".

    Hahaha, while posting on the internet.

  6. #46
    "The sky is falling".

  7. #47
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    "The sky is falling".
    Actually, it is.

    At the very moment we need a disciplinarian to restore order, we've got a players-coach. At the very moment we need some tweaks to get back to the playoffs, we're going to jettison some quality players because of personality clashes.

    All of this could have been avoided had we done the obvious thing- cut Rex Ryan because he's lost the team. Had the 1994 New York Rangers kept Roger Neilson and molded the team in his image, the Rangers are now 70 years without a Stanley Cup.

    SAR I

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Actually, it is.

    At the very moment we need a disciplinarian to restore order, we've got a players-coach. At the very moment we need some tweaks to get back to the playoffs, we're going to jettison some quality players because of personality clashes.

    All of this could have been avoided had we done the obvious thing- cut Rex Ryan because he's lost the team. Had the 1994 New York Rangers kept Roger Neilson and molded the team in his image, the Rangers are now 70 years without a Stanley Cup.

    SAR I
    I've finally cracked the riddle. You're Manish Mehta!

    Because you two are the only ones beating this dead horse for 3 weeks.

  9. #49
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I've finally cracked the riddle. You're Manish Mehta!

    Because you two are the only ones beating this dead horse for 3 weeks.
    It's not a dead horse; it's the only story worth debating right now.

    Namath? PSL's? Joe Paterno? Who cares?

    The Jets keeping Rex Ryan after he's admitted he lost the team, admitted he won't change, admitted he's just a defensive coordinator with a vacant title, that's the story.

    Not a dead horse; the only horse.

    SAR I

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Actually, it is.

    At the very moment we need a disciplinarian to restore order, we've got a players-coach. At the very moment we need some tweaks to get back to the playoffs, we're going to jettison some quality players because of personality clashes.

    All of this could have been avoided had we done the obvious thing- cut Rex Ryan because he's lost the team. Had the 1994 New York Rangers kept Roger Neilson and molded the team in his image, the Rangers are now 70 years without a Stanley Cup.

    SAR I
    Did you miss the Cup in the 90s?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not a dead horse; it's the only story worth debating right now.

    Namath? PSL's? Joe Paterno? Who cares?

    The Jets keeping Rex Ryan after he's admitted he lost the team, admitted he won't change, admitted he's just a defensive coordinator with a vacant title, that's the story.

    Not a dead horse; the only horse.

    SAR I
    What on earth are you talking about?

    Did you not watch the WFAN interview from last week, or are you just ignoring it to fit your tired act?

    - “I’ve been around that (defensive) type of environment and [Steve Young] said ‘Rex, you’re treating guys all the same, you’re treating offensive players and defensive players the same and it’s different. On the defensive side, it’s almost like you’re going into a fight. I don’t mind telling you I’m going to whip your butt or whatever, I’ll tell you and I’ll go do it.

    “From an offensive perspective, and I look at it like this — the offensive guys are getting hit. The defensive guys are all like ‘Yeah, Yeah, Yeah’ because we’re doing the hitting. But an offensive guy — they’re the ones getting it. So when LT makes that comment and you put Steve Young’s comment in there to me, I thought it was really interesting, that maybe I have to take a good hard look, because I certainly don’t want to fuel the fire.


    - It’s part of a series of changes Ryan hopes to make for next year. This past season, he thought that he tried to hard to be a coach who oversees everything and not one who “spends time in the classroom,” which is something he plans on doing more of in the future.

    “I need to be more involved, I need to be sitting in those meetings with them, learning and they can ask me questions and you know what? I’ll have the answer.”


    - “I’m committed to learning our offense and getting it to work. Quite honestly, the verbiage that we had last season was probably a little much. I can tell you that we’re going to run a Power. I could tell you the protections and things like that. I want to know even more about it. And if I can help, I certainly will. I really am excited about having Tony Sparano here to be our offensive coordinator. When we were in the interview process, he showed me the verbiage… all this type of stuff… I’m like, “Wow.” I can visualize our football team in this type of system. I can see Mark being extremely effective playing the quarterback position. Also, I liked the mentality that (we’ll have) similar to what we had a couple of seasons ago where we were able to run the football regardless of what we’re facing…. I’m excited about sitting in there and learning as well.”



    Hey SAR, why don't you add these list of quotes to the first page, or better yet, get some new material man.

    I'm more interested in reading about our offensive coaching changes and what talent we are seeking out to upgrade our team because it was quite evident that the 2011 team was not as talented as the prior two. I don't know what games you were watching or what your agenda is, but it's played out and better suited for ESPN00B.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Callahan and Smith got their NYJ employee ID cards back. Please adjust the list accordingly and add that new guy Sparano, thanks. (-;

  13. #53
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    (UPDATED: Revis quotes March 28)

    Before we lose track due to the sheer amount of them, let's maintain a list of the words and actions that the team has taken against itself:

    Namath signals the alarm after Oakland "You keep telling a player how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should."
    Moore made captain halfway through season.
    Ryan says "the stupidest play in NFL history.”
    Schottenheimer says "In reality, Mark kind of got fooled."
    Jacobs "Shut up fat boy."
    Jenkins "When toughest player on team is the coach, you've got problems."
    Santonio implosion in Miami.
    Holmes "I was tapped on the shoulder so I came out."
    Rex "I wasn't aware of the offense, I was focused on the defense."
    Cromartie points finger "talk to the offense".
    Scott flips bird, wants out.
    Sanchez speaks company line.
    Revis "leave me alone, won't talk".
    Rex cries in front of team.
    Cotchery on Santonio "I don't know that guy."
    Rex says "too many captains, that was my big mistake".
    Jenkins "no toughness on this team".
    McElroy "selfish, corrupt, disconnected locker room."
    Tomlinson intimates he's not coming back, needs a win-now team.
    Manish article 'unnamed sources' Sanchez lazy.
    Rex says "out of touch with team".
    Rex says "not going to change, gotta be me."
    Woody "they should be (in turmoil)".
    Mason questions Sanchez.
    Callahan leaves.
    Weeks leaves.
    Schottenheimer resigns.
    Smith "The Maybeast" Intern resigns.
    Higgins resigns.
    Tomlinson "They created this. This is the type of football team that they wanted."
    Tomlinson "Something that happened 3rd or 4th week of season and nobody knew because the players kept it under wraps."
    Tomlinson on Rex: "I would prefer him not to say it (calling out other teams) as much as he did."
    Woody “I don’t think the whole locker room was toxic,”
    Revis “Basically, he didn’t know a lot of things that were going on behind the scenes. It was just so much stuff. I’m really not going to get into it because some of the stuff is real deep. But he didn’t know a lot of the things. He wanted people to say things to him. But obviously it didn’t come out. It came out on the field.”
    Revis “My first thought was, ‘What is going on?"
    Revis "Locker room in disarray right now, it's a circus before, will be more of a circus with Tebow now."

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 03-29-2012 at 08:04 AM.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, king of schtick

    keep em coming

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You've made your point known,
    As have you. Multiple times.

    How many threads does it take to say, essentially, the same thing?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    three straight quotes at the end from washed up Tomlinson

    same locker room blubbering that got him booted out of San Diego


    thankfully we are rid of this washed up blabbermouth

  17. #57
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    As have you. Multiple times.

    How many threads does it take to say, essentially, the same thing?
    It's the same thread. It's an archive of what the players have said about each other since Miami.

    And if we're really going to keep score about message board redundancy, let's delete 90% of the active threads. Not like anyone's breaking new ground here.

    Yesterday's comments by Revis are mind-blowing. It's not stopping. The players aren't backing off Rex. They hate the guy. And our best player? Future HOF'er? Ripping into Tannenbaum? He wants out, just you watch.

    SAR I

  18. #58
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    130
    SAR u should just leave the ban list directions with the other quotes under the coaches. This is prolly the tenth time in three months I've seen u have to explain it haha

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Before we lose track due to the sheer amount of them, let's maintain a list of the words and actions that the team has taken against itself:

    Namath signals the alarm after Oakland "You keep telling a player how good he is, heís going to start believing it to the point
    that he may not be preparing quite the way he should."
    Moore made captain halfway through season.
    Ryan says "the stupidest play in NFL history.Ē
    Schottenheimer says "In reality, Mark kind of got fooled."
    Jacobs "Shut up fat boy."
    Jenkins "When toughest player on team is the coach, you've got problems."
    Santonio implosion in Miami.
    Holmes "I was tapped on the shoulder so I came out."
    Rex "I wasn't aware of the offense, I was focused on the defense."
    Cromartie points finger "talk to the offense".
    Scott flips bird, wants out.
    Sanchez speaks company line.
    Revis "leave me alone, won't talk".
    Rex cries in front of team.
    Cotchery on Santonio "I don't know that guy."
    Rex says "too many captains, that was my big mistake".
    Jenkins "no toughness on this team".
    McElroy "selfish, corrupt, disconnected locker room."
    Tomlinson intimates he's not coming back, needs a win-now team.
    Manish article 'unnamed sources' Sanchez lazy.
    Rex says "out of touch with team".
    Rex says "not going to change, gotta be me."
    Woody "they should be (in turmoil)".
    Mason questions Sanchez.
    Callahan leaves.
    Weeks leaves.
    Schottenheimer resigns.
    Smith "The Maybeast" Intern resigns.
    Higgins resigns.
    Tomlinson "They created this. This is the type of football team that they wanted."
    Tomlinson "Something that happened 3rd or 4th week of season and nobody knew because the players kept it under wraps."
    Tomlinson on Rex: "I would prefer him not to say it (calling out other teams) as much as he did."
    Woody ďI donít think the whole locker room was toxic,Ē
    Revis ďBasically, he didnít know a lot of things that were going on behind the scenes. It was just so much stuff. Iím really not going to get into it because some of the stuff is real deep. But he didnít know a lot of the things. He wanted people to say things to him. But obviously it didnít come out. It came out on the field.Ē

    SAR I
    there's people here that are in the media, Namath who is just an opinion, and players from other teams.

    We get it...You say the same thing over and over just in different ways (as Ive seen other people say). But really, what is the purpose of this thread?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's the same thread. It's an archive of what the players have said about each other since Miami.
    One of many threads you start under the overall umbrella of "Fire Rex Ryan, Fire Tannenbaum, Hire.....".

    I think it's fair to say all regular visitors here know where you stand.

    And if we're really going to keep score about message board redundancy, let's delete 90% of the active threads. Not like anyone's breaking new ground here.
    A fair point.

    Yesterday's comments by Revis are mind-blowing. It's not stopping. The players aren't backing off Rex. They hate the guy. And our best player? Future HOF'er? Ripping into Tannenbaum? He wants out, just you watch.
    We'll all watch. And see.

    I suppose it depends on what matters to you, comments, or what happens on the field. One could, certainly, lead to something on the other, but that not in evidence as yet.

    Revis is an amazing talent. He is also a very me-first person when off the field, as evidenced by his holdout. Judge that how you wish, but he is a player, and his job is to play. His commentary may carry weight, or it may not. Personally, I'd wait and see how the team performs on the field, not how they sound in the media 2 months after a very dissapointing seasons end and 5 months before the start of the next season.

    In the simplest of terms, I'll put it this way. Rex is the Coach in 2012. Nothing will change that. If what you think is true, 2012 will be a bad season. Nothing will change that.

    So since nothing is going to change, why not wait and see? No amount of forum threads will get Rex fired now. So it will be what it will be. You're well on record, you wanted Rex fired at seasons end and a new never-quite-named Coach in instead.

    Between now and Feb. 2013, we won;t know if you;re right, and player comments, while interesting, have no relevance as yet to what happens on the field 5 months from now. That is my point.

    After all, there is no locker room right now for him to judge. It's the offseason. Any locker room comments inherantly mean the locker room at seasons end. Somethign we all already knew was not good.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-29-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us