Thread: Top 20 draft prospects.

Top 20 draft prospects.

Nothing to do with draft value, though I'm sure most line up.

1: Andy Kaufman - No silly, it's Andrew Luck. It wouldn't be Kaufman anyway, but top 3 for sure.

2: Matt Kalil - Very similar to D'Brick as a prospect. Elite pass protecting skills.

3: Morris Claiborne - High end CB prospect.

4: Trent Richardson - High end RB prospect gets alot of points for seeming like a very sure thing. A candidate to fall anyway due to being a RB, but the further he falls the more NFL impact he'll have as a rookie.

5: Justin Blackmon - Another top of the draft, sick WR prospect.

6: Michael Brockers

7: Quinton Coples - Underrated player right now, it seems. Many have him in the top ten, but I think he's a great candidate to come out a stud after combine. A possible Justin Smith type DE, Smith being a very good pro player at both 4-3 and 3-4 DE.

8: Alshon Jeffery - Only reason he's not top 5 is because he's fat. Might be what's his name...Reggie Williams all over again...I think there were actually two Reggie Williams' already and both sucked...I don't know...That cloud will hang over his head though.

9: Robert Griffin - I would have him higher, but 8 is plenty high. It's a great number too.

10: Mark Barron - Big, athletic safety knows how to ball. Sucks that he does it at a time when there's like three guys allowed to be called a good, let alone stud, safety.

11: Jonathan Martin

12: Dontari Poe - Arguably the single most intriguing player at the combine.

13: Dre Kirkpatrick - Really fiery player has a vicious style of play for a CB. Really does have Rolle in him, but so does Claiborne. I do see it more in Kirkpatrick...Strong athleticism but a notch below Claiborne there.

14: Luke Kuechly - Too solid not to have high up.

15: Vontaze Burfict - The most talented LB in this draft, no question. Probably the most talented since Willis.

16: Courtney Upshaw

17: Riley Reiff - Not as high on him as many, but I do think he's a good player. I wonder if he's a LT, but there's plenty of guys who succeed at LT without being the prototype for the position.

18: Cordy Glenn

19: Peter Konz - He's going to be a really, really good C. All Pro potential.

20: Nick Perry - Good player, but hard to pretend grade.

All I can say about this draft is that I hope the Jets treat it like 2007.

All Pro
    Mike Floyd?

The first thing I thought after reading this is, where is DeCastro?

Quote Originally Posted by tehprince View Post
    The first thing I thought after reading this is, where is DeCastro?
    Whoa I hate when I do this...I must have erased it but I had him top ten.

MikeisHot - not so much. I will continue to underrate Floyd.

I thought Coples was dropping already. And Michael Floyd is already showing prima donna status not going to Shrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    8: Alshon Jeffery - Only reason he's not top 5 is because he's fat. Might be what's his name...Reggie Williams all over again...I think there were actually two Reggie Williams' already and both sucked...I don't know...That cloud will hang over his head though.
    Mike Williams was the fatass. Reggie Williams just didn't turn into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    Mike Williams was the fatass. Reggie Williams just didn't turn into anything.
    I think Reggie Williams had a ganja problem IIRC

All Pro
    Floyd

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I thought Coples was dropping already. And Michael Floyd is already showing prima donna status not going to Shrine.
    I dunno, (floyd aside) if you're grading as a top prospect at your position, what on earth do you have to benefit from the shrine game - I'm speaking to the skill positions. Injury? timing with a new QB? I mean in floyd's case, would a shrine game performance have him leap frog Blackmon? I don't think so. The upside is very limited compared to the risks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I dunno, (floyd aside) if you're grading as a top prospect at your position, what on earth do you have to benefit from the shrine game - I'm speaking to the skill positions. Injury? timing with a new QB? I mean in floyd's case, would a shrine game performance have him leap frog Blackmon? I don't think so. The upside is very limited compared to the risks.
    Yeah, Floyd doesn't have much to gain and plenty to lose by playing in that game. I don't blame him for skipping it.

He's firmly placed as the 2nd or 3rd WR and not much is going to change that.

melvin ingram?

Plus Floyd quit on his team in the FSU game. If he were a true baller he would have been on the field in the last ten minutes. Wus.

I don't think the jets will be taking any wr's with character concerns especially after this season's locker room issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    melvin ingram?
    Close enough to Perry really....that whole OLB group is going to be separated by combine (somewhat).

Close enough to Perry really....that whole OLB group is going to be separated by combine (somewhat).

good point. same with mercilus.

15: Vontaze Burfict - The most talented LB in this draft, no question. Probably the most talented since Willis.
    He is the Tebownator, the Vickalator, the anti-Newton (as much as it pains me to say that.) A guy like him on our D and a running QB better be able to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    He is the Tebownator, the Vickalator, the anti-Newton (as much as it pains me to say that.) A guy like him on our D and a running QB better be able to pass.
    +1 on this it is the same reason I like Lavonte David. There are some pretty good hard hitting lock on LBs here. Add Brown, Kuechly, Irvin, and Lewis that is a pretty good class of mobile QB stoppers right there.

To me it says you don't want to compete, especially from a guy who some may start to question toughness with the stomach/bowl game thing. It's a negative intangible trait in my eyes. A small piece of the overall pie but it raises another eyebrow for me. Certainly doesn't help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I think Reggie Williams had a ganja problem IIRC
    That he did.