Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The knicks will never win a title with Carmello.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still a valid opinion (even though I disagree).

One game does not make or break a player, does not prove or disprove a point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Still a valid opinion (even though I disagree).

One game does not make or break a player, does not prove or disprove a point.
    The principle of "one game" is valid. But it's not about merely 1 game with Melo. He has a career, a career which he has never had a losing season.

People point out he never went to the finals, but he was dealing with 2 dynasties out West in the Spurs and Lakers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Hmmmm...

Do you disagree with anything I said about Melo? Everyone knows he flat out refused to run D'Antonis offense (as sucky as it was) and quit...now he is "healthy"according to SMC, you can't make this stuff up..

As for SMC he is no different than SAR, from his Jet to Giant Fan flip flopping (one of the most laughable troll attempts in years), from ever, EVER saying anything remotely critical about his beloved MELO...RJF is the same and I am dead serious...in NY the the criticism and praise is always over stated but Melo absolutely deserved some of the criticism he was getting for doggin it and he also deserves the praise he gets when he performs like he did yesterday...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    You are such a troll bro, you and RJF on the other board think you guys know everything and are quick to dissappear and reappear as need fit.

Now Melo is "healthy" so he is playing like the "REAL Melo" eh..try again..MELO is actually TRYING to play defense and lead his team and not doggin it like he was under D'Antoni to get him fired, this is where you lose any cred as a poster because you have no objectivity, only bring up points to make yourself appear to be "right"...LMAO
    Really? When did I disappear? I've posted continuously in the Knicks thread so I don't know how I'm disapearing.

The Melo hate has always been ridiculous. Starbury? Seriously? Melo dogged it for D'Antoni, but so what? That wouldn't be the first time for NBA players. They are WRs with jumpshots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Do you disagree with anything I said about Melo? Everyone knows he flat out refused to run D'Antonis offense (as sucky as it was) and quit...now he is "healthy"according to SMC, you can't make this stuff up..

As for SMC he is no different than SAR, from his Jet to Giant Fan flip flopping (one of the most laughable troll attempts in years), from ever, EVER saying anything remotely critical about his beloved MELO...RJF is the same and I am dead serious...in NY the the criticism and praise is always over stated but Melo absolutely deserved some of the criticism he was getting for doggin it and he also deserves the praise he gets when he performs like he did yesterday...
    It's only a flip flop if I go back to the Jets.

As to Melo, how can you deny he was hurt? Seriously. Wrist, ankle, elbow, hip, etc. Plus he missed time with a groin injury. His scoring average went down after the injuries.

But, yeah, I wouldn't say Melo shouldn't be criticized for dogging it for D'Antoni. It turned out to be a necessary evil, though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not forget that when this thread was started Melo wasn't playing/giving the effort like he is now....I was a critic of his and Amare's because although they said they would play D, they weren't.

So I will give Melo credit now. He is playing great and on both sides of the ball.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Lets not forget that when this thread was started Melo wasn't playing/giving the effort like he is now....I was a critic of his and Amare's because although they said they would play D, they weren't.

So I will give Melo credit now. He is playing great and on both sides of the ball.
    But only once Woodson took over as coach. I don't think he was buying into anything D'Antoni was selling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    how many more games remain in the NBA regular season and what is the current opinion on them 1) making the postseason and 2) getting above the 8 spot if they do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melo is a totally different player when Amare is not on the court. MVP-caliber when Amare is not playing. I heard Barkley on ESPN radio yesterday call Melo the best scorer in the league and Barkley hates the Knicks religiously going back to his days as a player.

I still think signing Amare was the right move considering he was really a package deal with Carmelo and Tyson Chandler (no way those 2 are coming to the Knicks w/o Amare first being here).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    But only once Woodson took over as coach. I don't think he was buying into anything D'Antoni was selling.
    It's really looking like D'antoni was the Knicks' version of Brian Schottenheimer. An overrated bonehead supposed "offensive guru" who had no idea how to adjust his gameplan to the players that he had.