Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The knicks will never win a title with Carmello.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The knicks will never win a title with Carmello.

Carmello is a very good player, not a great player, who makes others play worse. Since the trade the knicks offense is stagnant, lacks ball movement and any cohesion. The knicks biggest problem last year was their defense, now with Tyson Chandler the Knicks defense has greatly improved. I didnt like the Mello trade when it happened not because of the players the knicks traded away but because Carmello coming to the knicks. I would love to trade Carmello for Deron Williams, with Chandler, Amare, and Williams the knicks would be better then they are now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carmelo is Starbury 2.0

We wont ever win jack with him as the focal point

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Carmelo is Starbury 2.0
    Carbury or Starmelo?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattay View Post
    Carmello is a very good player, not a great player, who makes others play worse. Since the trade the knicks offense is stagnant, lacks ball movement and any cohesion. The knicks biggest problem last year was their defense, now with Tyson Chandler the Knicks defense has greatly improved. I didnt like the Mello trade when it happened not because of the players the knicks traded away but because Carmello coming to the knicks. I would love to trade Carmello for Deron Williams, with Chandler, Amare, and Williams the knicks would be better then they are now.
    Your pg is terrible, so is the coachman

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, this team is BAD right now.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    a team can definitely win with carmelo as its focal point, it's just the system that d'antoni runs isn't very successful without a good point guard.

and the Knicks certainly don't have a good point guard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Miami had Melo instead of James they'd be the champs right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coaching + poor guard play = the team struggling right now. Carmelo is not the problem. Even if they just still had Raymond Felton, this team would be looking much better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we gutted the team for melo. Mosgov, Chandler, Gallo, and Felton was way too much .... we could have traded Fields and kept mosgov and felton. I said it even prior to the trade that it was a blessing what we got out of Fields up to that point and if prior to the season I told you we could trade him and Gallo for Melo and still keep Felton AND even possibly Chandler you would have jumped all over it. Now whats done is done and we have Melo. The Chandler signing was ok but we could have easily gotten Dalembert and then made a run at a pure point guard. Dalembert plus an all star point like Williams or Paul is much better than Chandler and having an average PG.

Another issue no one talks about is that the Knicks have no SG to stretch the defense. Fields is terrible .... everyone expected WAY too much out of Shump and unfairly especially with no training camp and 2 pre season games. Knick fans are often irrational and think all you need to do is put good players at each position and you have a great team. We don't have complimentary pieces. Melo does NOT compliment Amare ... Davis better get healthy and get healthy quick or this is going to get ugly. Oh and I agree with the above poster talking about terrible coaching. Dantoni freaking sucks and the WHOLE idea of Melo playing a point forward type of position is likely the worst decision I've ever seen in my life. Amare and shump running pick n rolls with melo in the right spot should leave easy back door openings for chandler and whoever the SG is. I swear I see our offense and it sickens me. Melo at the top of the key with Amare on the elbow .... you can't possibly put opposing defenses in a better position to defend your 2 best players by doing that. Its disgusting ... Dantonio is no offensive genius. He's a product of Steve Nash. Nash makes any coach looks like a genius. They got to the conference finals with Gentry as the coach so there's no reason to think that Dantoni was the one steering the ship. Giving Dantonio credit for Steve Nash and the suns success is like giving Tom Moore all the credit for Peyton Manning and the Colts offense for all those years. Lets get real here ... Dantoni sucks without the right PG to run the ship thats why the Suns weren't going to overpay for him and the Knicks were dumb enough to do so.
    Last edited by LadainianIMnotDONE; 01-21-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattay View Post
    Knicks will never win with Dantoni....He Sucks not Melo he is one of the Best PURE scorer in the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This disaster falls on Dolan...He pushed for Melo and gave up way more than he should have..By doing so it stripped any remaining asset(s) to deal for a PG (and SG--Fields should be coming off the bench), which the Knicks better get or they are .500 at best. Shumpert does show great potential but he's young/inexperienced.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks had a PG in Billups, gave him up to give Chandler a way too big contract, lured by the appeal of a player with a ring. Chandler is a good player and has helped the defense but has left the team without a decent played in the backcourt. And since Chandler is on a 4 year deal, this is the team through 2015.

Should have kept Billups, would be better this year and would have flexibility in the coming offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If Miami had Melo instead of James they'd be the champs right now.
    Um, no.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melo is 27 yrs old. Everyone chill the F out.

D'Antoni, no PG and STAT's downfall are the problems on the Knicks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    STAT's downfall are the problems on the Knicks.
    Le f v ck?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame anyone for posting irrationally negative things in January. Pre-Linsantiy the Knicks were AWFUL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I don't blame anyone for posting irrationally negative things in January. Pre-Linsantiy the Knicks were AWFUL.
    The Knicks, with Toney Douglas running the team was certainly awful. D'Antoni was also too stubborn to be a good HC.

But the Melo-hate was just ridiculous. The comparisons to Starbury was crazy. Melo is one of the best pure scorers in the game and has never had a losing record. He was hurt for much of the early season, but finally looks healthy again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Knicks, with Toney Douglas running the team was certainly awful. D'Antoni was also too stubborn to be a good HC.

But the Melo-hate was just ridiculous. The comparisons to Starbury was crazy. Melo is one of the best pure scorers in the game and has never had a losing record. He was hurt for much of the early season, but finally looks healthy again.
    You are such a troll bro, you and RJF on the other board think you guys know everything and are quick to dissappear and reappear as need fit.

Now Melo is "healthy" so he is playing like the "REAL Melo" eh..try again..MELO is actually TRYING to play defense and lead his team and not doggin it like he was under D'Antoni to get him fired, this is where you lose any cred as a poster because you have no objectivity, only bring up points to make yourself appear to be "right"...LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    You are such a troll bro, you and RJF on the other board think you guys know everything and are quick to dissappear and reappear as need fit.

Now Melo is "healthy" so he is playing like the "REAL Melo" eh..try again..MELO is actually TRYING to play defense and lead his team and not doggin it like he was under D'Antoni to get him fired, this is where you lose any cred as a poster because you have no objectivity, only bring up points to make yourself appear to be "right"...LMAO
    Hmmmm...