Thread: Why aren't we talking about Kendall Wright??

Why aren't we talking about Kendall Wright??

He is a beast. More physical Desean Jackson. Steve Smith 2.0.

he is short even Smith was a 3rd rounder

Veteran
    In the Jets' offense, he's not the ideal compliment to Holmes. The Jets need a big, physical receiver for their number 2 WR, someone like Floyd. If push came to shove, they might take him, just can't see anyway in hell it happens with the 16th pick. I'm more a fan of Jarius Wright in the third round.

He's gotten a lot bigger and stronger throughout his career. I was thinking a 3rd round slot guy but they're saying a legit 1st round #1 WR type prospect.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    He's gotten a lot bigger and stronger throughout his career. I was thinking a 3rd round slot guy but they're saying a legit 1st round #1 WR type prospect.
    All I've seen are highlights, but he kind of reminds of Holmes. In a positive way.

I wouldn't mind him, two threats like Holmes could be a dangerous combo. I doubt they get him though.

Veteran
    Ground n pound....screw the prima donna WRs...

If we're going small with speed, why not go with someone a little later? Jairus Wright might turn out to be the better pro...

Plus, like someone said if things break right then he's Santonio Holmes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wright will probably go in the 22-30 range but I think he's more of a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. People are obsessed with speed in this league and that's why he'll get overdrafted IMO.

He's a nice prospect, but as others have said, he's not really what we need.

The 3 legit 1st rounders at WR are still Blackmon, Jeffery, and Floyd.

I'd be thrilled if we took Jeffery. I'd be ok if we took Floyd.

Jeffery is going to be a monster IMO. Vincent Jackson 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The 3 legit 1st rounders at WR are still Blackmon, Jeffery, and Floyd.

I'd be thrilled if we took Jeffery. I'd be ok if we took Floyd.

Jeffery is going to be a monster IMO. Vincent Jackson 2.0
    Alshon Jeffery is not a 1st rounder. scouts seem to think he's fat for a WR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Alshon Jeffery is not a 1st rounder. scouts seem to think he's fat for a WR.
    Unless Jeffery runs a 4.7 he's definitely going in the 1st round.

toon, santana moss, keyshawn ... jets have had some good luck on first round WRs. at #1 overall, keyshawn was not worth it, but he was good. not a bust. oh and johnny lam jones ... but that was sooo long ago

All Pro
    Wright is widely regarded as a Mike Wallace type of receiver. Unlike Holmes he is a true deep threat who can constantly challenge the defense over the top. I think when everything is said and done he will be gone in the first round, especially since tons of teams are looking for playmakers at wide receiver...

All Pro
    I'd be all for taking him. Kid can ball.

It's nice to get that prototype 6'4" 220 pound stud WR, but there are plenty of very good WRs who are not built like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Unless Jeffery runs a 4.7 he's definitely going in the 1st round.
    There's so much riding on his 40 time that I don't think he's going to run it at the combine unless he knows he can smoke it. If he has a bad combine he's dropping a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd be all for taking him. Kid can ball.

It's nice to get that prototype 6'4" 220 pound stud WR, but there are plenty of very good WRs who are not built like that.
    i like him but i think the jets are committed to rebuilding the offensive line and pass rush. if wright runs a 4.3 he may well be gone by the time the jets pick anyway.