Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would this not kick ass?

Rookie
    I hope that the Jets sign Laron Landry so that I can insult all of you clowns for the next 2-3 years for thinking he was worth the thread his uniform would be made from.

You think Eric Smith can't cover? Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I hope that the Jets sign Laron Landry so that I can insult all of you clowns for the next 2-3 years for thinking he was worth the thread his uniform would be made from.

You think Eric Smith can't cover? Wait.
    I don't hate Smith nearly as much as it seems many Jet fans do...I can't name a good, starting cover safety in the NFL.

Landry's big issue is injuries IMO...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I don't hate Smith nearly as much as it seems many Jet fans do...I can't name a good, starting cover safety in the NFL.

Landry's big issue is injuries IMO...
    Agree with you. I LIKE Eric Smith. I think he wasn't necessarily put in a position to succeed. I think Rex/Mike's style of play requires a lot of Cover 0 or Cover 1. Since Smith is certainly no center-fielder so thereby forced to cover man-to-man. I'd rather see him as a LBer underneath where he played at the beginning of last season with Brodney over the top and Jimmy playing some coverage. On third down I'd love to see something like Cro, KDub, Island, Deep Safety, Cover Safety, in the secondary; LB, Smith, underneath; Mayhem, Dixon, Pass Rusher on the line, and one Extra DB, Pass Rusher or DT depending on distance/personnel. Smith in a trail with a cover safety type over the top is a lot more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Agree with you. I LIKE Eric Smith. I think he wasn't necessarily put in a position to succeed. I think Rex/Mike's style of play requires a lot of Cover 0 or Cover 1. Since Smith is certainly no center-fielder so thereby forced to cover man-to-man. I'd rather see him as a LBer underneath where he played at the beginning of last season with Brodney over the top and Jimmy playing some coverage. On third down I'd love to see something like Cro, KDub, Island, Deep Safety, Cover Safety, in the secondary; LB, Smith, underneath; Mayhem, Dixon, Pass Rusher on the line, and one Extra DB, Pass Rusher or DT depending on distance/personnel. Smith in a trail with a cover safety type over the top is a lot more rewarding.
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but I think moving forward they have to grab a safety talent. With what they had at safety last year I think that's exactly how they should have been used...Smith has only ever really had defensive success when he came down and played that more LB-ish role.

I'd rather keep Smith than Leonhard or Pool, though I don't mind bringing Leonhard back.

i dont want Landry. He cant stay healthy and cant cover. Plus, you didnt address the WR situation.

All League
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but I think moving forward they have to grab a safety talent. With what they had at safety last year I think that's exactly how they should have been used...Smith has only ever really had defensive success when he came down and played that more LB-ish role.

I'd rather keep Smith than Leonhard or Pool, though I don't mind bringing Leonhard back.
    Same, I used to like Smith more so than now, but I wouldn't wan't to get rid of him. Having him and Leonhard back there hurts because they are very similar.

Ten spots?

Lester back in school "sucks." it gets quotes because school is, in fact, cool.
    We need Lester the Molester II to make our secondary truly fearsome

OK How would THIS not kick ass:

1: Mark Barron S Alabama

2: Chandler Jones DE/OLB Syracuse

3: Dwight Jones WR UNC

4: Keenan Robinson ILB/OLB Texas

5: Brandon Taylor S LSU - Maybe a round earlier in real life? Even mid-late 3rd?

6: Anthony Miller TE Call

7: Demond Wynn T/G Rutgers