Thread: All-SEC Jets Mock

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All-SEC Jets Mock

I'm going all SEC here, just for fun and also because the Jets have drafted virtually nobody from the best conference in the nation in the past several years.

1 - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
    2 - Donta Hightower LB Alabama
    3 - Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss
    4 - Marquis Maze WR Alabama
    5 - Brandon Taylor S LSU
    6 - Danny Trevathan LB Kentucky
    7 - Phil Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say, it's hard to argue with the talent and teams in that conference.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    why go to the SEC when we can get players from 1-AA?! the jets should use all their picks this year on players from Alabama and LSU. serious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    why go to the SEC when we can get players from 1-AA?! the jets should use all their picks this year on players from Alabama and LSU. serious.
    Not a bad idea at all, as long as we're not talking about QBs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed -- we'll get a free agent QB. but Alabama and LSU have the best D prospects. even the guys who don't get the pub are usually nfl ready. O-line too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first 3 rounds are pretty much ideal.

Would love to walk away with Jeffery, Hightower, and Massie.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    met my wife at U of alabama. she is now a jets fan (poor girl), but she is positive the jets are taking another alabama player this year. an impact one. i am all for it. unless he goes all crazy rolando mcclain on us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The first 3 rounds are pretty much ideal.

Would love to walk away with Jeffery, Hightower, and Massie.
    All three, I think, will be good in the NFL. I hope Hightower runs slow at the combine so he is still around in the mid 2nd.

Massie has serious potential at RT.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it except I'd go Ingram instead of Jeffery in the first round. On another SEC issue, i'd go Jeffrey over Mercilus.

Additionally, just saying, I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT IF WE DRADTED AN ALL SEC DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

no more "project" players. ALL players drafted in rounds 1 -4 need to start in 2012.
    Last edited by nycuse; 01-21-2012 at 08:32 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I love it except I'd go Ingram instead of Jeffery in the first round. On another SEC issue, i'd go Jeffrey over Mercilus.

Additionally, just saying, I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT IF WE DRADTED AN ALL SEC DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

no more "project" players. ALL players drafted in rounds 1 -4 need to start in 2012.
    that will never happen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    agreed -- yuwe'll get a free agent QB. but Alabama and LSU have the best D prospects. even the guys who don't get the pub are usually nfl ready. O-line too.
    Lets not blow Alabama too much quite yet. They haven't exactly produced NFL studs quite yet(yet is keyword). Who is the most accomlished Bama player in the NFL? DeMeco Ryans?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'm going all SEC here, just for fun and also because the Jets have drafted virtually nobody from the best conference in the nation in the past several years.

1 - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
    2 - Donta Hightower LB Alabama
    3 - Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss
    4 - Marquis Maze WR Alabama
    5 - Brandon Taylor S LSU
    6 - Danny Trevathan LB Kentucky
    7 - Phil Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn
    Love the first two players so yeah...I might have gone Mosley over Massie, but Massie probably has more upside so it's not so crazy...I like Maze but I feel like he's a similar talent to Kerley, and I might like Kerley more...Taylor is a strong pick...As much as I like those first two players they might go a round later each.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Love the first two players so yeah...I might have gone Mosley over Massie, but Massie probably has more upside so it's not so crazy...I like Maze but I feel like he's a similar talent to Kerley, and I might like Kerley more...Taylor is a strong pick...As much as I like those first two players they might go a round later each.
    You might be right about Maze, though I think he could play outside the numbers as well, he has pretty good deep speed. He is clearly a luxury pick there, but the Jets really need to get a couple of younger players at WR.

I don't know a whole lot about Massie, just saw a little of his game action this year, but he looks big, strong and athletic for a guy that size -- good attributes for a RT.

I might be wrong, but I think Hightower and Jeffery will both be gone before the Jets pick in 1 and 2. I'm hoping they both run slow (very possible) at the combine so they're still around.