View Poll Results: who would you root for

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

74 64.35%
  • Patriots

41 35.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who would you root for in a NYG/NE Super Bowl?

[QUOTE=quantum;4339114]I would root for the huge asteroid.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was going to say.

But anyway, if it were to come to this, who has my game time oxycontin?

[QUOTE=E4orBust;4339094]rooted for the Giants in '07 because I didn't want the Pats to get the perfect season. would root for the Pats this time around, becuase Giants fans have been unbearable of late.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant, root for the team that's owned the division for a decade, the team that has owned the Jets, the team responsible for Spygate, the team that stole Belichick away after 24 hours as Jets coach... Over a team that the Jets play once every 4 years in a meaningful game and they share the sports pages with.

Makes total sense!

[QUOTE=petejet;4339093]I don't live in NE so if they won eventually the hype would go away. If the vaginats won we would never hear the end of it from their douchy fans.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. First off, don't need to hear giants fans rubbing it in our faces for years. Second, can't listen to radio for weeks. Third, I don't know a single pats fans. Fourth, Tom Brady is an all time great and i respect him for that and he deserves another Title, on the other hand Elli Manning throws up hail mary type passes that get caught by David Tyree and Nicks and everyone thinks he is great and will not talk about his as a HOFer. No thanks!

My hate for the Giants is 100 times stronger than my hate for the Pats.

[QUOTE=SweetZombieJesus;4339211]Brilliant, root for the team that's owned the division for a decade, the team that has owned the Jets, the team responsible for Spygate, the team that stole Belichick away after 24 hours as Jets coach... Over a team that the Jets play once every 4 years in a meaningful game and they share the sports pages with.

Makes total sense![/QUOTE]

Maybe if i played poker every thursday night with Bellichick i would agree, but after they win, i don't hear about it. THey already have a ton of rings. Winning one more won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Its not like winning the super bowl makes them more or less likely to win the division again next year. if anything, it may lead to some complacency.

Worse comes to worst, gotta root for defensive teams. Offense-heavy teams shall, and will, falter.

Always the AFC. If the Pats win...then Jets/Pats games become bigger than life for us...which I enjoy. Better to face evil head on...twice a year.

I'd root for an earthquake .

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm rooting for the 49'ers but that wasn't the poll question huh :O
    like others who replied, I rooted for the Giants last time around, but because of all the mess with Rex's big mouth and the Giants game we played and lost...I can't root for the Giants so yeah have to go with the Pats

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Piper;4339171]The only scenario I could root for the vaGiants in.[/QUOTE]
    Second.

But I still hope for the option of that meteorite hitting Lucas Oil Stadium

All League
    A building collapse

Rookie
    Call me whatever, but...... I will ALWAYS root for a New York team over a Boston/New England team!!

so it pains me to say..... go giants :(

Can I root for a tie? With a few key fatalities from each team?

Waterboy
    Super Bowl XLII was a horrid affair. Preceded by the World Cup 2006 France vs Italy. Doesn't seem right to have to be faced with another match up that would be so abominable. Pains me if it did come down to NE vs NY, that one team would have to win, and makes my disappointment in the Christmas Eve game sting that much more. If it did come down to that, I'd have to root against both. Love to see 49'ers beat Pats in the end.

Old AFL team versus Midgets. HMMMMM!

I'll stick with the old AFL team.

Thank you very much!

Jets Insider VIP
    How anyone with half a brain or a heart could ever root for Bill Belichick is beyond me.

He's not just a sports villian. The guy is human garbage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Giants.

I was at the Super Bowl in 2008 and never for a single second waffled about who I was rooting for. I'll never root for the Pats or Dolphins....ever.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I'm rooting for Ravens/Niners and just enjoy a good game. I couldn't abhor a Super Bowl more than a Giants/Pats rematch, and if it happens, I'll be utterly disgusted. For those that don't know Pats fans, they are arrogant jerks. I'm usually friendly with everyone but try being friendly with a Pats fan who I work with and he literally growled at me like a warthog (looks like one too). I know more Giants fans and they are arrogant too, but tolerable and friendly, except after this last game where they were a little snooty. Pats fans are meaner where I live. And Bills fans are higher in number where I live, and tolerable provided that they aren't going to 5-straight SBs.

So, if they make it, a natural disaster would rule.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm rooting hard for the Harbaugh Bros Superbowl... If only one Harbaugh brother makes it, I'll be rooting for him.

If neither Harbaugh, I'll be rooting for the Midgets (and for a major injury to Brady) as I would root for Hitler's Gestapo forces before I'd root for Brady, Belichick, Kraft and the Scumbags
    Last edited by sg3; 01-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;4339618]I'm rooting hard for the Harbaugh Bros Superbowl... If only one Harbaugh brother makes it, I'll be rooting for him.

If neither Harbaugh, I'll be rooting for the Midgets (and for a major injury to Brady) as I would root for Hitler's Gestapo forces before I'd root for Brady, Belichick, Kraft and the Scumbags[/QUOTE]

Staying classy as always I see Skippy.

Surprised you're back here after having spent the last week or so posting like crazy at Gang Green. I'm also guessing that any JI member who lost family to the gas chambers may take issue with your opinion.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4339136]I will never root for the Patriots EVER :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus my Dad is a Giants fan, so Id root for his team.