View Poll Results: who would you root for

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

74 64.35%
  • Patriots

41 35.65%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who would you root for in a NYG/NE Super Bowl?

Would feel good to see the the [B]Big Cat[/B] retire a champion. I think he really deserves it. Could care less about Ihedigbo, Weatherford, Woodhead, MacKenzie, or DJ Ware.

Gotta root for the Pats in this scenario. A variety of reasons.

1) For those of us in the NY area (almost everyone), a Giant win would be unbearable as their fans have become out of control obnoxious since 2007 and now with Rex coming onboard the rivalry has gotten very intense around here. A second SB win over the Pats (the team that always beats us out in the division) would give Giant fans bragging rights forever. We'd be seen as the cute little brother who talked big for 2 years before resuming his place in football irrelevance while the "real" NY football team was crowned again. Sports talk radio, their fans, etc. All would be unbearable until September, but the ramifications would last well beyond that.

2) Pats have won 3 already, 4 would hardly be any different, Brady and Belicheck legacies secure already, plus none of us live in Boston and almost none of us know any Pats fans in real life.

3) Pats are more deserving, they win 13+ games every year and have been knocking on doorstep for a while. Giants are 9-7 and got hot. 2007 they were 10-6 and got hot. I'm tired of 9-10 win teams winning the SB, let an actual good team finally win instead of a mediocre team that caught fire at the end of the year.

I just can't see the argument for rooting for the Giants to win the SB twice within a 5 year span while we have not made it in 43 years. That's all.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4339673]Gotta root for the Pats in this scenario. A variety of reasons.

1) For those of us in the NY area (almost everyone), a Giant win would be unbearable as their fans have become out of control obnoxious since 2007 and now with Rex coming onboard the rivalry has gotten very intense around here. A second SB win over the Pats (the team that always beats us out in the division) would give Giant fans bragging rights forever. We'd be seen as the cute little brother who talked big for 2 years before resuming his place in football irrelevance while the "real" NY football team was crowned again. Sports talk radio, their fans, etc. All would be unbearable until September, but the ramifications would last well beyond that.

2) Pats have won 3 already, 4 would hardly be any different, Brady and Belicheck legacies secure already, plus none of us live in Boston and almost none of us know any Pats fans in real life.

3) Pats are more deserving, they win 13+ games every year and have been knocking on doorstep for a while. Giants are 9-7 and got hot. 2007 they were 10-6 and got hot. I'm tired of 9-10 win teams winning the SB, let an actual good team finally win instead of a mediocre team that caught fire at the end of the year.

I just can't see the argument for rooting for the Giants to win the SB twice within a 5 year span while we have not made it in 43 years. That's all.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I live in NY. Not NE. So I could care less if the Patriots win it. Dealing with Giants fans is just brutal.

Hall Of Fame
    For those rooting against the Giants:

Do you really think that if they don't win it all this year, that Giants fans are going to all of a sudden clam up and keep quiet? That the mocking of the Jets will stop?

The answer is no, they're going to be annoying you for the rest of your life no matter what happens, win or lose.

Meanwhile, while we try to teach our kids about sportsmanship and integrity, up north, small children are still being taught to idolize Bill Belichick.

The man deserves to be water boarded, not doused with champagne.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4339673]Gotta root for the Pats in this scenario.[/QUOTE]
    Awful lot of you reaching around for reasons to root for your Patriots this year.

----

All I know is I'm rooting hard for the 49ers. Confident they can close out the Giants.

As far as the Ravens ... it's gonna take some prayer and hope.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4339686]Awful lot of you reaching around for reasons to root for your Patriots this year.

----

All I know is I'm rooting hard for the 49ers. Confident they can close out the Giants.

As far as the Ravens ... it's gonna take some prayer and hope.[/QUOTE]

This thread assumes the Pats-Giants SB plays out. Obviously we hope the 49ers and Ravens win. Not sure I feel so great about the Ravens either though. Flacco's a joke and I'd hate to see him get a SB ring

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4339673]Gotta root for the Pats in this scenario. A variety of reasons.

I just can't see the argument for rooting for the Giants to win the SB twice within a 5 year span while we have not made it in 43 years. That's all.[/QUOTE]

Gotta do what???????? Root for the Pats???? No Effin' way, not at gunpoint, not on my death bed, not in any way imaginable, EVER :steamin:

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4339710]Gotta do what???????? Root for the Pats???? No Effin' way, not at gunpoint, not on my death bed, not in any way imaginable, EVER :steamin:[/QUOTE]

OK then throw on your Eli jersey and go root for the G-Men, NY's "real" team. You can share with them as they bring one home for the city while little brother watches from the distance and later gets a pat on the head :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;4339710]Gotta do what???????? Root for the Pats???? No Effin' way, not at gunpoint, not on my death bed, not in any way imaginable, EVER :steamin:[/QUOTE]

If you see me in a turban the Pats must be playing the Taliban.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4339136]I will never root for the Patriots EVER :steamin:[/QUOTE]

True story. Let's just hope that one or both of the teams get knocked out this week.

Practice Squad
    Ewwww REALLY? Rooting for Tom Brady and Bill Belichek is evil and not a true Jet fan's actions EVER at ALL!!! :P

I hate the Giants so much, there's no way in hell I would want them to win the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd root for Hitler's army before I would root for the Patriots

This thread is moot.

If you dont live near NYC, then, obviously you'll vote for the Pats.

If you live near NYC, having Giants fans talk down to you openly all year round is unbearable and, so, you'll vote for the Pats (so, what, they're all going to the HOF anyway :-(

I voted for the Patriots because maybe, just maybe, one more Super Bowl after a seven year drought will make Brady and/or Belichick think long and hard about retiring.

See, maybe with the knowledge that it could be the last one for both of them if they have to wait anouther 7 seasons may make them think seriously about walking away on top.

All League
    [QUOTE=FreemanMC;4339138]Living out here in California all my life, I never developed the hatred for the Giants like most Jets fans ... I totally understand it, but never developed it. I despise any team from Boston ... I find their fan-base unbearable, whether it's the Celtics, Sox, or Pats. I'll always have a place in my heart for the Giants keeping NE out of the record books a few years back ... if it comes down to it, GO GIANTS!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's basically the same for me, except I'm in CT. I really don't have to deal with many Giants fans (or Jets fans), since most people are Patriot fans, who are terrible to listen to. The people taht are Jets or Giants fans really aren't that bad towards each other. I understand living a little closer to NY how one could hate the Giants, but I don't. I'm a Jets fan, but I'll root for the Giants to win when they aren't playing the Jets.

Plus it's great to hold the Zero Superbowls in the Patriots franchise history without cameras being involved card. They get soooooooo pissed. It's been like 5 years, and they still hate hate hate it when it comes up.
    Last edited by rep; 01-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.

If it was the Taliban against the Patriots I would probably still not root for New England.

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;4340020]I'd root for Hitler's army before I would root for the Patriots[/QUOTE]

I get your point . . .

[SIZE="2"]at least I think I do[/SIZE]:eek:

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4339685]For those rooting against the Giants:

Do you really think that if they don't win it all this year, that Giants fans are going to all of a sudden clam up and keep quiet? That the mocking of the Jets will stop?

The answer is no, they're going to be annoying you for the rest of your life no matter what happens, win or lose.

Meanwhile, while we try to teach our kids about sportsmanship and integrity, up north, small children are still being taught to idolize Bill Belichick.

The man deserves to be water boarded, not doused with champagne.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, [B][SIZE=5]WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:boo_hoo:[/SIZE][/B]:boo_hoo:
    [B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/B]

Pats because my school's new Head Coach is coming from the Patriots and It would be nice for him to have a Super Bowl ring on his finger when on recruiting visits.