Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ScottWright's Latest Mock-DraftCountdown

All League

ScottWright's Latest Mock-DraftCountdown

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

He has us taking Barron @ #16, but every fan would be LIVID seeing how the cupboard was FULL of pass rushing OLBs that go 17-20

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

He has us taking Barron @ #16, but every fan would be LIVID seeing how the cupboard was FULL of pass rushing OLBs that go 17-20
    I would never pick a safety in the first unless I was guaranteeing myself that he was Ed Reed but I do think your comment suggests that you are looking at the draft wrong.

If the Jets think that each one of those OLBs are going to be bad players, then you absolutely don't draft them. It's about first understanding that a third of the guys taken in the 1st round are going to be considered bad or replacable NFL players in 5 years. The job is to predict that, predict the pro bowlers and then draft accordingly. Outside of the dumbass fans, nobody cares about a "Reach" or about whether or not a team got "good value". Because after draft day, it doesn't matter one bit. Just comes down to whether they are good or not.

Example being if Griffin3 somehow fell to us, I wouldn't draft the guy basically because I think he's going to be an injury issue as a pro. Maybe a 3rd round grade and on, because that is the point I'm willing to take a chance on the idea that he actually stays healthy.

Reed, Polamalu in round 1. but barron is probably not in their class. maybe he will be. just hasn't shown it yet. definitely round 2
    Last edited by BamaJets; 01-20-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Veteran
    I've said it before, I don't like Barron at 16, particularly with guys like DeCastro and Ingram still available. If they really like him, fine, but I just hope they at least try to trade down a bit.

I think we need to get a guy who can pressure the QB in round 1. we can find a safety who can cover TEs in round 2.

All Pro
    I think Tramain Thomas is the better player, plain and simple. I dont like the idea of going safety in the first round unless the player is a special talent which Barron is not. Sure, he is not a bad pick, propably a safe one aswell but I think we can find a player like him later in the draft.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Boggles my mind that anyone would take Barron at #16
    These so called experts must think that the Jets organization is down right dumb..

Can't blame them after this year but seriously? he's average at best.

this is very alarming, weak safety class in general.
    I feel like the experts are just insulting the jets lol

Barron is better than average, but not a first rounder. i think he is a better prospect than laron landry and he went 6th overall somehow. shouldn't have.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If Ingram is there @ 16 who do you pick?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No way you take Barron with guys like DeCastro, Jeffery, Floyd, Ingram, Glenn, and Mercilus still on the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Is it a stretch to think Barron will be there for us in the 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No way you take Barron with guys like DeCastro, Jeffery, Floyd, Ingram, Glenn, and Mercilus still on the board.
    i woulnd't be surprised tanny drafts decastro even if a guy like ingram is there. as far as keeping his GM job, he needs to show that he can draft well and if he can beef up the Oline with a relatively safe pick i see him doing that.

as much as they talk up ducasse, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they traded back, got an extra pick and drafted a RG and RT with their first 2 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Is it a stretch to think Barron will be there for us in the 2nd round?
    yes, hes going round 1 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Barron is better than average, but not a first rounder. i think he is a better prospect than laron landry and he went 6th overall somehow. shouldn't have.
    Landry went that high because the guy was EXTREMELY fast and hit like a freight train....

I'm against taking safeties at all in the first round but I absolutely understand why Landry was ranked so highly. He had everything you wanted.

The more I read the Barron criticism on any board the more I notice that he's mostly punished for not being a HOF S already.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I take him over at least half that group if not more...dude stacks with any of those guys really.

Gotta see how free agency pans out for us. Right now i'm torn between ingram or barron. That could all change if we sign godson or griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

Not to mention WR's and OLBs.

I love that picture of Blackmon. He looks like he stepped out of the 1970s. lol His top 10 wasn't great but OK, then he just lost me with Poe at 11. 0 shot of Poe going that early. Then it pretty much gets worse. David Wilson in the 1st? And dear lord who puts 3 Gs in the 1st. Horrid just horrid. SD drafting anther LB? How much money can one team spend on the same position?

As far as Barron goes I think because we have so many FA Ss that is is just the easy out for us in the eyes of most draft "experts". If we fill just one S spot a lot of the Barron picks will change I'm sure.