Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ: This forum will close and move in 1 DAY!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    this is not going to work out well.

we come here to talk about Jets specific draft info. If I wanted to go to a general draft forum, I'd go to WalterFootball or something like that. I don't, which is why I come here. If this forum closes, I will not be on this site much anymore during the off-season.

if it ain't broke...
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Sounds good.

Oh, so does the lack of content = writers wanted?

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, personally I prefer to have the draft stuff here but I will give the sister site a chance because Sooth is asking.

Just being honest here, the site is a bit weak so far. Old info, very few posters, at least actually posting.

Unless it gets significantly more traffic, I can't see myself going there much.

But I'll make an effort.

Sigh... this was one of my favorite places on this site. Even during the regular season... bye CBNY and bit... it's been rich guys.

Sooth, any chance you can reconsider? I will be willing to post there and I'm sure many others will too, but what is the point in getting rid of the JI Draft sub-forum as well? This sub-forum is great, why get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Sooth, any chance you can reconsider? I will be willing to post there and I'm sure many others will too, but what is the point in getting rid of the JI Draft sub-forum as well? This sub-forum is great, why get rid of it?
    Agreed, I can see the plug and I'll be happy to go to that forum to discuss the draft in general. I'll even make my mock draft creator available on that site but this one should stay up for jets specific news.

That's actually quite commendable of you as I really only come here for the draft forum...will CBNY and Bit still be post-fighting on this site as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    That site isn't very good.. old information.
    I like this place.... it's quite and comfortable :

But seriously it's a general board, i think we are JI members for a pretty strict reason...
    That site is actually the best draft site on the internet, hands down. I frequent it at least once a week. Like most sites they haven't put their rankings in yet for 2012. Read the "Blogs". Again best insight on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    if draft insider is so good, why is the top 25 list of prospects still from last year?
    They usually wait until after the Shrine game. Again click the Blog and everything you'll want to know is right in there.
    Last edited by HessStation; 01-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah, don't get why people are bashing DraftInsider so much. Patience. Like HS said, it's got really good info in the blog section. Besides, isn't CBNY = DraftInsider or am I not allowed to say that. If so, whoops

The only downside is that I liked coming here to escape the buffoons on the Landing Strip, as many of them do not visit here. It might take away some of the convenience of coming here for Jets only related stuff, but I can deal with it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    That site is actually the best draft site on the internet, hands down. I frequent it at least once a week. Like most sites they haven't put their rankings in yet for 2012. Read the "Blogs". Again best insight on the net.
    Fact of the matter is it's January 24th 2012 and they still have the players from 2011 up there. For a site that is about nothing more than the draft, it's inexcusable.

Sooth can't expect people to embrace the other site if it's put together with half assed effort.

And again, I don't come here to talk general draft, I come here to chat with other JETS fans about players and prospects specific to the JETS. I get they're trying to launch this new site, which would mean more money for them and that's fine... but cutting off the draft section on THIS site will not necessilary mean people go to DraftInsider, it probably means they stop coming here and go someplace unaffiliated with JI.

I don't want to be difficult, Sooth. And I understand what you're trying to do. I just think it's a mistake to close this forum and you'll probably realize that at some point soon. Especially if that other site is still being maintained as it is now. Asking people to jump to another site when it isn't ready is a really poor idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Fact of the matter is it's January 24th 2012 and they still have the players from 2011 up there. For a site that is about nothing more than the draft, it's inexcusable.

Sooth can't expect people to embrace the other site if it's put together with half assed effort.

And again, I don't come here to talk general draft, I come here to chat with other JETS fans about players and prospects specific to the JETS. I get they're trying to launch this new site, which would mean more money for them and that's fine... but cutting off the draft section on THIS site will not necessilary mean people go to DraftInsider, it probably means they stop coming here and go someplace unaffiliated with JI.

I don't want to be difficult, Sooth. And I understand what you're trying to do. I just think it's a mistake to close this forum and you'll probably realize that at some point soon. Especially if that other site is still being maintained as it is now. Asking people to jump to another site when it isn't ready is a really poor idea.
    No, I understand. For example I, myself, only come here for the Draft Forum. There's other Jets sites though. And other draft sites. I think Sooth understands that and seems ok with it. There are some old time posters here that I'll miss reading though. And to your point I always check TFY and often use it as reference but I never really post there. Not sure how that'll work out.

All League
    Bad idea. Keep the JI Draft forum.

Pretty much exactly what will happen.

All League
    Charter JI Member

So instead of dealing with the usual (but relatively limited) trolls on this Jets Draft Forum, we will have to deal with many many many more trolls on the new forum.

Except, of course, they really won't be trolls because the new forum is not team specific. How can you troll a forum that's targeted to everyone?!?!?

For instance the first thread I read on the new forum already had a poster bashing another poster comment because he is a "Jets fan".

Ignore KLAUS, Tstej. He is a Jets fan, and he can no longer tolerate the Big 10 after his team selected that disgusting bust Vernon Gholston.
    http://www.draftinsider.net/forum/sh...80-Montee-Ball

Jets Insider VIP
    Interesting idea and a way to try to drive traffic to the sister site, but why wouldn't Jet fans looking for Jet-specific draft discussion migrate to another Jet fan messageboard that has a draft forum?

This is the equivalent of closing down JI in an attempt to drive traffic to an NFL fan messageboard.

Hotties Forum moving to xHamster on Jan. 30, 2012.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yeah, don't get why people are bashing DraftInsider so much. Patience. Like HS said, it's got really good info in the blog section. Besides, isn't CBNY = DraftInsider or am I not allowed to say that. If so, whoops

The only downside is that I liked coming here to escape the buffoons on the Landing Strip, as many of them do not visit here. It might take away some of the convenience of coming here for Jets only related stuff, but I can deal with it
    CBNY=Tony Pauline=DraftInsider=WINNING!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    How about a compromise?

What if we add a Jets only draft forum to that board. Then, if you want to contribute to the general draft board you can do that too.

Reasonable?