Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ: This forum will close and move in 1 DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    How about a compromise?

What if we add a Jets only draft forum to that board. Then, if you want to contribute to the general draft board you can do that too.

Reasonable?
    I would have no problem with that compromise.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not quite sure why you are driving posters away from your bread and butter site?

But what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

For instance the first thread I read on the new forum already had a poster bashing another poster comment because he is a "Jets fan".

Ignore KLAUS, Tstej. He is a Jets fan, and he can no longer tolerate the Big 10 after his team selected that disgusting bust Vernon Gholston.
    Yeah see this right here tells me right away that I doubt I'll be spending much time on the new DraftInsider general forum. Last thing I care for is the petty pissing matches that come with any general NFL forum.

Unfortunately I don't think a specialized Jets forum within the DraftInsider forum is going to completely solve that either, because plenty of ill-intentioned people are one click away from "trolling over" to the Jets board for some fun.

The best solution would be for only those who have JI accounts to be granted access to the Jets subforum on DraftInsider. Would eliminate a LOT of the trolling.

Short of that solution though, I definitely see myself getting my Jets draft fix elsewhere, and unfortunately that means time spent away from JI or DI altogether.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    That site is actually the best draft site on the internet, hands down. I frequent it at least once a week. Like most sites they haven't put their rankings in yet for 2012. Read the "Blogs". Again best insight on the net.
    I never really read blogs.i checked out the forum, which is set up like this page bit has very little traffic.

But I'll check out the blog and see how it is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    this is not going to work out well.

we come here to talk about Jets specific draft info. If I wanted to go to a general draft forum, I'd go to WalterFootball or something like that. I don't, which is why I come here. If this forum closes, I will not be on this site much anymore during the off-season.

if it ain't broke...
    +1. JI is the first site I go on daily and I always come to the draft forum. Not a fan of getting rid of the forum..especially when the other site is out dated..

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Yeah see this right here tells me right away that I doubt I'll be spending much time on the new DraftInsider general forum. Last thing I care for is the petty pissing matches that come with any general NFL forum.

Unfortunately I don't think a specialized Jets forum within the DraftInsider forum is going to completely solve that either, because plenty of ill-intentioned people are one click away from "trolling over" to the Jets board for some fun.

The best solution would be for only those who have JI accounts to be granted access to the Jets subforum on DraftInsider. Would eliminate a LOT of the trolling.

Short of that solution though, I definitely see myself getting my Jets draft fix elsewhere, and unfortunately that means time spent away from JI or DI altogether.
    Seriously who cares??? The reason I spend time talking about the draft here is to learn more than I know. I just throw out my thoughts to get the feedback that actually shapes my opinions. There's some really smart posters there, who cares about egos....for the most part. I just hope Bit and CBNY can still find a way to annoy each other.

How about a compromise?

What if we add a Jets only draft forum to that board. Then, if you want to contribute to the general draft board you can do that too.

Reasonable?
    I'd be down for that. Certainly better than just the general. Just asking (not meant to be inflammatory at all) as someone mentioned earlier, doesn't people coming to your main site (JI) end up being better for you Sooth? I am admittedly not expert on website running, etc.

Or did you bet us/this forum over a Jets SB win this year Sooth... come on buddy come clean with us lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Solid post. I wont visit that site...ever...
    +1

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Your loss. Tony (CBNY) is one of the best draft guys in the biz and while the site is a work in progress, the info is solid. I appreciate the open mind though.

Your loss. Tony (CBNY) is one of the best draft guys in the biz and while the site is a work in progress, the info is solid. I appreciate the open mind though.
    I like CBNY. It's nothing personal to him that I feel it's a poor choice of yours to shut down part of your forum.

But the key word in there is yours. Best of luck.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Again, it's not shutting down, it's moving.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would have no problem with that compromise.
    If you click on there now you will see that we added an "Jets Only" exclusive draft forum.

Hall Of Fame
    This sucks

All League
    Sooth, I've been on this site a long time. This specific subforum is one of the things that most appeals to me as I can seamlessly flip back and forth between general and draft conversation. I love that everything here is focused on how the Jets would specifically view the various draft prospects.

Please keep this subforum.

If you click on there now you will see that we added an "Jets Only" exclusive draft forum.

http://www.draftinsider.net/forum/fo...ts-Draft-Forum

Veteran
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4344961]this is not going to work out well.

we come here to talk about Jets specific draft info. If I wanted to go to a general draft forum, I'd go to WalterFootball or something like that. I don't, which is why I come here. If this forum closes, I will not be on this site much anymore during the off-season.

if it ain't broke...[/QUOTE

Agree, will not go to a generic site, I come here because it is a Jets site first and foremost. I only paid for the sub because of the forums on this page.

All League
    This still sucks. I see literally no purpose for it other than promoting the other site.

What is here is perfect.

Guys it's really not a big deal. There is now a Jets only board and there is a link that will drive you straight to it. For those who come to JI mostly for the draft board what difference does it make which url is showing at the top. With the creation of the Jets only forum on DI, I don't see what the issue is.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    This still sucks. I see literally no purpose for it other than promoting the other site.
    You are correct. We think the other site has great potential, thats why we created it. Navigating between the two sites will be very easy. This forum will be changed to a direct link to the other board and we will archive all current topics here in case you want to cut and paste to the new board.

Give it a chance. It's really not a big issue.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Guys it's really not a big deal. There is now a Jets only board and there is a link that will drive you straight to it. For those who come to JI mostly for the draft board what difference does it make which url is showing at the top. With the creation of the Jets only forum on DI, I don't see what the issue is.
    Thank you, Mo.