Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PLEASE READ: This forum will close and move in 1 DAY!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sooth why dont you just link the draft forum on this site to the other site so its effortless? in other words, i go to ji.com, go to the draft link and im at the other place

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    This still sucks. I see literally no purpose for it other than promoting the other site.

What is here is perfect.
    True. How do you have a Jets specific website and not include an area or not allow draft talk on it?? Yet, there is a major league baseball section, an off-topics section and other various topics not even related to football. Just an all around bad decision.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    sooth why dont you just link the draft forum on this site to the other site so its effortless? in other words, i go to ji.com, go to the draft link and im at the other place
    That's exactly what we are doing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, draftinsider.com is outdated and just plain sucks!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you guys checked out any of the other NY Jet draft forums? for example: http://www.youdontknowfootball.com/f...hp?8-NFL-Draft

I haven't joined yet, but i perused the board (lots of good info there), because I really didn't like what i saw at DraftInsiders, or that ****hole TGG, or that wasteland at JN.

I really enjoy the draft forum here at JI, I don't post in this forum (I'm more active in the Jets area and the Hampur), but i come here for the prospect analysis you guys provide and to learn. I wish Sooth would reconsider and keep this subforum open. Moving the forum isn't an ideal approach, imo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Have you guys checked out any of the other NY Jet draft forums? for example: http://www.youdontknowfootball.com/f...hp?8-NFL-Draft

I haven't joined yet, but i perused the board (lots of good info there), because I really didn't like what i saw at DraftInsiders, or that ****hole TGG, or that wasteland at JN.

I really enjoy the draft forum here at JI, I don't post in this forum (I'm more active in the Jets area and the Hampur), but i come here for the prospect analysis you guys provide and to learn. I wish Sooth would reconsider and keep this subforum open. Moving the forum isn't an ideal approach, imo.
    Agreed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again I don't get the hoopla, there is a dedicated forum for Jets fans. It is the EXACT same idea as over here, except that the URL up top is different along with some minor cosmetic differences. And who cares if the other parts of the site are outdated? We don't even have those things on JI, so clearly you don't come to this forum for that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Again I don't get the hoopla, there is a dedicated forum for Jets fans. It is the EXACT same idea as over here, except that the URL up top is different along with some minor cosmetic differences. And who cares if the other parts of the site are outdated? We don't even have those things on JI, so clearly you don't come to this forum for that.
    Because I want to talk about Jets football with Jet fans not fans from every other team. Just because it's a Jets area doesn't mean it's not going to have other fans in it. It's bad enough having Fin and Pat fans to deal with now.

Keep this open for Jets draft and have a link to the other site so if people want they can check it out. I personally don't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    Because I want to talk about Jets football with Jet fans not fans from every other team. Just because it's a Jets area doesn't mean it's not going to have other fans in it. It's bad enough having Fin and Pat fans to deal with now.

Keep this open for Jets draft and have a link to the other site so if people want they can check it out. I personally don't.
    Cause we don't have Pats trolls here? If anything some of them might migrate over there. So far I have yet to see any issues there. I don't understand how it would be any different than over here. Most fans don't give a sh!t about the Jets or our draft needs, so they don't even care to discuss. Since there have been no issues so far I cannot say this with certainty, but the forum basically reads that if you come into with the intention to troll you'll get a ban. Thus far we have tinstar, ozu, much ado, myself and tony (aka CBNY) discussing the draft). Instead of mustering up so much annoyance with the change, give it a try. If it sucks trust me I'll be the first to admit it to you and say I was wrong. Your contributions (along with others who are saying they will not join) will be missed by your fellow JIers who are making the jump. Consider this me ASKING you to come along, not a call out. I value what you guys bring to this forum and think that if you come along it's literally gonna be just like it was here. Again at least give it a shot, if you hate it I wouldn't argue with you leaving.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me get this straight:

We have a HOTTIES forum but cannot discuss the draft on a Jets Forum. That's just unabashed greed and something I will not support.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

We have a HOTTIES forum but cannot discuss the draft on a Jets Forum. That's just unabashed greed and something I will not support.
    lol, good lord...is this a serious post? Talk about over dramatizing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    How dare you! Because of this post, SOOTH, I will go cheat old people out of their life's savings. And, just maybe, mock zoo animals to the point of rampage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the new site allow Borgo to post naked photos of hot Asian chicks?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Does the new site allow Borgo to post naked photos of hot Asian chicks?

Maybe I could take a crack at crafting a new TOS over there?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

Yes... stick it to the man...

#littlemansyndrome

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly this is one of the least rational ideas I have ever heard of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    IBTL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    does this mean that draft discussion is now going to be "allowed" on the 'strip?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    does this mean that draft discussion is now going to be "allowed" on the 'strip?
    The season is over so it's about the only thing we can talk about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    You ruined my life.