Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ: This forum will close and move in 1 DAY!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

PLEASE READ: This forum will close and move in 1 DAY!

Draftheads:

As some of you may or may not know we have a sister site, www.draftinsider.net which is run by our good friend and partner Tony Pauline who is a national draft expert who regularly contributes to SI.com and many other media outlets.

DI has a messageboard that we want more active. Therefore, as of Feb 6, this board will be shut down and replaced with a link to the DI board.

We tried to migrate posts over there but unfortunately it looks like it can't be done. Therefore we are asking you to start posting there now and move all your topics over there by Feb 6.

Here's the good news: We moved our membership database to the DI board so you DO NOT have to register there. If you click the DraftInsider banner at the top of this board it will automatically sign you into the other site as long as you are signed into our site. You can then go the the DI board and post there without having to sign in.

I know some of you hate change and are not going to be happy about this but we think if you are truly an NFL draft fan, that board can quickly become a great place and even better than our small forum.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions or feedback I will leave this thread open. Please leave legitmate feedback and save the snide and sarcastic remarks.

Our goal is to create both here and on the other site, the best fan experience as possible.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 01-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting idea Sooth.

General question...what will happen to the draft oriented threads that are started on the strip? I know in the past they just get moved here, but obviously that wont be an option starting Feb 6th.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Interesting idea Sooth.

General question...what will happen to the draft oriented threads that are started on the strip? I know in the past they just get moved here, but obviously that wont be an option starting Feb 6th.
    Not sure about that. Perhaps we can cut and paste the topic to the new board.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats great about this messageboard is it is team specific. At first glance I only saw a general draft board. Is there currently or are you guys thinking in the future to have team specific forums within the site...or will that take shape through different threads?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Whats great about this messageboard is it is team specific. At first glance I only saw a general draft board. Is there currently or are you guys thinking in the future to have team specific forums within the site...or will that take shape through different threads?
    Once the site starts to grow where we want it to be that's something we will definitely consider. In the meantime, if you are posting team specific I suggest you start your post with something like this: JETS: Michael Brockers DT LSU

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Once the site starts to grow where we want it to be that's something we will definitely consider. In the meantime, if you are posting team specific I suggest you start your post with something like this: JETS: Michael Brockers DT LSU
    Alright thanks for the headsup...hopefully it grows fast! goodluck

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He better update his site to this years players. Tough to discuss things on that site when the front page is nothing but 2011 draft data.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He better update his site to this years players. Tough to discuss things on that site when the front page is nothing but 2011 draft data.
    Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is not going to work out well.

we come here to talk about Jets specific draft info. If I wanted to go to a general draft forum, I'd go to WalterFootball or something like that. I don't, which is why I come here. If this forum closes, I will not be on this site much anymore during the off-season.

if it ain't broke...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best Draft forum for Jets fans. That site isnt the new Jets draft forum its just another draft site. BTW SI.com site blows for draft coverage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

we come here to talk about Jets specific draft info. If I wanted to go to a general draft forum, I'd go to WalterFootball or something like that. I don't, which is why I come here. If this forum closes, I will not be on this site much anymore during the off-season.

if it ain't broke...
    Solid post. I wont visit that site...ever...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    That site isn't very good.. old information.
    I like this place.... it's quite and comfortable :

But seriously it's a general board, i think we are JI members for a pretty strict reason...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    That site is a sister site of this site. The majority of posters there will be Jets fans. Don't fight it, embrace it. If your post is Jets specific, state it in the thread title. Very simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

if it ain't broke...
    Agreed.

I'm surprised the JI Draft Forum is on the cutting block again. I'm not writing from anger but I'm tired of something that works great getting threatened for extinction again. The DF has the most knowlegeable football fans posting, this site owes its popularity to the interesting content they provide and now they're being spun-off for profit.

It's illogical to expect Jets fans posting in a sub-forum, drawn there by it's intimacy and Jets specific draft focus, to be shepharded to a more anonymous and general draft site. It's the opposite of why people enjoy the DF.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Agreed.

I'm surprised the JI Draft Forum is on the cutting block again. I'm not writing from anger but I'm tired of something that works great getting threatened for extinction again. The DF has the most knowlegeable football fans posting, this site owes its popularity to the interesting content they provide and now they're being spun-off for profit.

It's illogical to expect Jets fans posting in a sub-forum, drawn there by it's intimacy and Jets specific draft focus, to be shepharded to a more anonymous and general draft site. It's the opposite of why people enjoy the DF.
    It's not on the cutting block. Just moving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    It's not on the cutting block. Just moving.
    Without many posters willing to move with it...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if draft insider is so good, why is the top 25 list of prospects still from last year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

if it ain't broke...
    +

Still logged in over there, but I don't like it one bit. The cool thing about a Jets specific draft board is that it's Jets specific. The fact that it's just one part of a Jets site makes the site itself more comprehensive. JI easily is my favorite draft board to come to as a fan despite the existence of players like WalterFootball, NFLDC, and eveeeeeeeeeen FootballsFuture.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 01-24-2012 at 01:00 AM.